Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GJP Festival of Poker II - May 25th

Options
  • 26-01-2007 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭

Green Joker Poker are pleased to present :

The Festival of Poker II.

Location : The City North Hotel, nr Drogheda, 10 mins from Dublin Airport.

May 24th 8pm - Super Satellite €50+€5 Rebuy
    May 25th 4pm - €1000+€80 Main event. 3 Days. 15k chips. 1 hr clock.
    May 26th 6pm - €500+€50 2 day event. 10k chips. 45 min clock.
    May 27th 3pm - €300+€30 1 day event. 8k chips. 40 min clock.

Fully dealer dealt.
    300 players Max.
    Online qualifiers start on GJP in February.
    Live Qualifiers will be announced throughout Ireland.
    You can win tickets in our monthly €300 games.
    You will be able to buy in direct from your GJP online account.
    You can buy in direct via wire transfer or at any GJP event.
    This will be a ranking event.

Side events will use structure that we use in monthly games.
    www.greenjokerpoker.com/structure.html

Contact me via email or PM for more details.

Structure for Main Event:

25/50
    50/100
    75/150 * was missing last time!
    100/200
    150/300
    200/400
    300/600
    400/800
    500/1000 End of Day 1
    600/1200
    800/1600
    1000/2000
    1500/3000
    2000/4000
    2500/5000
    3000/6000
    4000/8000
    5000/10000 End of Day 2
    6000/12000
    8000/16000
    10000/20000
    15000/30000
    20000/40000
    25000/50000
    30000/60000
    40000/80000
    50000/100000

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

excellent cant wait

now between you , neil and ken in cork ye can up with an excuse to give the girlfriend that i'll be away for three w/e in may:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Super Mike I should get a few tickets out for this at our event , Hope ye are down advertising at our event for this one the week before .... You are more than welcome ...
    Some Quality month of poker in May ......

Neill K

carrigeen wrote:
    excellent cant wait

now between you , neil and ken in cork ye can up with an excuse to give the girlfriend that i'll be away for three w/e in may:(

I must give her a bell and see wat shes up to those weekends pat :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Wooo Hoooo. This is going to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Wooo Hoooo. This is going to be great.

Poker - In the Amstel tradition.

3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

No antes Mike?

I liked their introduction to the montly games

• Registered Users Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Scotty # wrote:
    No antes Mike?

I liked their introduction to the montly games

Keep the antes away from the main event!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

I'm there. Cash games should be roughly the same as last time right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Sounds good. free-rolling the 1k with my aps sound's even better...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Antes cost time and are awkward in my opinion. Plus from what I can see they are not used properly in Ireland at all (they were designed to slow the structure down , not be an additional tax on players. I'll rant another day on this). Anyway, in a 60 minute tournie with 15k starting I think you'll get more hands per hour without antes. Just my 2c.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Sounds good. free-rolling the 1k with my aps sound's even better...
    Yeah, I have a feeling a lot of Greenjokerpoker's online players will be cashing in their loyalty scheme money to play this for nothing!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

DeVore wrote:
    Yeah, I have a feeling a lot of Greenjokerpoker's online players will be cashing in their loyalty scheme points to play this for nothing!

DeV.

Just a quick note that you do NOT need to save up your action points to use your sponsorship fund. They are merely a guide as to how quickly your fund accumulates.

Yeah, I should have said "money" (corrected it now).

Money is much better then points... *cough*

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

wrote:
    Antes cost time and are awkward in my opinion.

Totally agree.

I would suggest your online GF to the main event be a ticket only package to generate more tickets. Recently JP's online ticket only(incl reg) GF for the IPC worked well.

DeVore wrote:
    Antes cost time and are awkward in my opinion. Plus from what I can see they are not used properly in Ireland at all (they were designed to slow the structure down , not be an additional tax on players. I'll rant another day on this). Anyway, in a 60 minute tournie with 15k starting I think you'll get more hands per hour without antes. Just my 2c.

DeV.

Tom if u have any advertising for this event can u send it on as i will pop it up in the clubs - Are u ok with us doing sats for this the weekend before

Neill K

Totally agree.

I would suggest your online GF to the main event be a ticket only package to generate more tickets. Recently JP's online ticket only(incl reg) GF for the IPC worked well.

For the main event we need to include some exes as the tournaments are open to bluesq and uncover as well. Most of their players are UK based. It will be a nominal $300 exes with the cost of a single room for three nights included in the package. At current ex rates this values a package at $2100.

If any locals win then the cost of the room can be put towards a side event if no accom is needed or used in a deal to create more tickets.

If we think can fill a few GJP only satellites for ticket only then we will add them but most people will want to stay anyway.

I will get a STT table for tickets only put up also but this wont happen until the switch to playtech.

Tom if u have any advertising for this event can u send it on as i will pop it up in the clubs - Are u ok with us doing sats for this the weekend before

Neill K

Posters will be printed within the next week or so and we will distribute to all who wish to have them in their clubs. I will be in touch with club owners in the next week to co-ordinate satellites.

Run as many as you can Neill. I will try and make it down for your festival and help run the sats.

Shortstack wrote:
    Posters will be printed within the next week or so and we will distribute to all who wish to have them in their clubs. I will be in touch with club owners in the next week to co-ordinate satellites.

Run as many as you can Neill. I will try and make it down for your festival and help run the sats.

Ill have to run sats for the Macau which is the week after yours also mate , as Ken always looks after me so ill have to spread the sats between each

Neill

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

DeVore wrote:

DeV.

do you not think it makes pots worth stealing pf and creates more action though Tom??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Some Quality month of poker in May ......

Why are there so many good events on in May - does no one have any sympathy for me - fecking exams at the end of May :(

Hopefully I'll still make it to one of these excellent tournies though, the structure for GJP main event looks like great value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Nice structure.

The only thing I'd change is to make it a 90min clock and 10k starting stack. I don't think the extra 5k makes a difference [other than promoting daft play from me early on] but an extra 30mins would.

But I quite understand that it would last a week that way. Especially the way Carigeen plays.

mdwexford wrote:
    do you not think it makes pots worth stealing pf and creates more action though Tom??

I agree with that , I think they play a very important role in any deepstacked tourny

PS Neil I'll PM on that mobile number;) Im relying on you !!!!!!!!!

Fatboydim wrote:
    Nice structure.

The only thing I'd change is to make it a 90min clock and 10k starting stack. I don't think the extra 5k makes a difference [other than promoting daft play from me early on] but an extra 30mins would.

But I quite understand that it would last a week that way. Especially the way Carigeen plays.

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p iI'm a speedy in westwood terms
    I think your just a tad bitter cause u make sligo j look fast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

carrigeen wrote:
    ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p iI'm a speedy in westwood terms
    I think your just a tad bitter cause u make sligo j look fast

Only when relating a bad beat story - Did you see that call with the pocket
    8s????:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

I just realised this is right in the middle of my exams. Boooo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

quite possibly in the middle of mine too, meh, I'm here to gambool!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

carrigeen wrote:
    I agree with that , I think they play a very important role in any deepstacked tourny

PS Neil I'll PM on that mobile number;) Im relying on you !!!!!!!!!

antes aren't needed, the structure is the best in Ireland, actually, just one of the best structures in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭30something

Bah, according to Holles St scan bay's due on the 26th May.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Bah, according to Holles St scan bay's due on the 26th May.:(

move it... the baby will understand

Advertisement