Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Darts Tournament - Suggestions

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

And you a mod .... tut tut .... :rolleyes:

I don't mind doing it, and if DFD needs a hand setting up just let me know cos I can get there early enough.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

No word from DFD yet about the Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pgough

DFD has booked the Silver Tassie so I am sure he will be along with a few boards. Just in case though can anyone that has a board on a stand bring it along? It will be handy to have a few exra boards for those of us that need to "warm up".

I will be there a little early to help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

Don't worry the boards are down the tassie,brought them down last night.There will be food down there tomorrow and his throwing in some spot prizes as well.See you's tomorrow,its time for some practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Now I know what I forgot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

How are the heads this morning! Had to leave early yesterday who came out on top?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I had to leave during the Semi-finals.

Joe Hughes was playing Wayne Gallagher and John Ross (I think thats his name) was playing Anto O' Neill.

Joe Hughes knocked me out in the quarter finals 2-1. Im a bit disappointed because I went 1-0 up and had darts to win the match in the next two legs but missed them.

I think the day went well enough since it was the first tournament organised. The format was a bit strange and some players didnt like it so we can have a think about that for the next one. It was a pretty good standard from some players, I was well impressed.

Hope whoever was there had a good day and im sure we will have another one at some stage that will be better now that we have the experience of having one.

Thanks DFD for providing the boards and venue, tournament wouldn't have gone ahead if i wasnt for your help. Cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Lazarus2.0

The day went really well although the format can and i'm sure will be improved on . That is no criticism or complaint - everyone got a few games in and that was the whole point of having a round robin as opposed to a knockout . Big thanks are due to DFD for organising the boards and especially to Paul (Pgough) for finding the time and patience to run the tournament from start to finish . Thanks very much , lads :) Also thumbs up to Joe Hayes and the staff of Silver Tassie - if it werent a million miles from Ballymun we'd make it our local (E50 for the taxi home!!) .

Anto O'Neill beat Joe Hughes in the final in a decent game of darts - I was highly impressed with the overall standard throughout and look forward to meeting new friends again soon .

And yes , the head was sore this morning .... very sore !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

I really enjoyed the day, I got 2 games in and lucky enough they were both of my standard. Thought the standard was pretty good. Pity I had to do a hudini as the drinks were flowing nicely.

Look forward to the next one.

Cheers Kingp35, DFD and pgough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Pgough

Yes I thought it went well enough though there were a few complaints about the format. Everyone played 3 matches with those winning 2 going into a playoff for 2 of the semi final places. The other 2 semi-final places were for those that won 3.

After the 3 rounds the draw from the 2 match winners was

Joe Hayes
    Anto O Neill - won

Andy Poole - won
    Rupert Dowling

Joe Hughes - won
    Patrick Ellard

Ray Broe
    Stephen Knight - won

Then

Anto O Neill - won
    Andy Poole

Joe Hughes - won
    Stephen Knight

This left semi finals against John Crangle and Wayne Gallagher who won there 3 round matches

John Crangle
    Anto O Neill - won

Wayne Gallagher
    Joe Hughes - won

In the final Anto O Neill beat Joe Hughes by 3 –1.

I won my first round match and then was beaten by Joe Hughes and then was beaten by Anto O’Neill. (won ended up the 2 finalists) Oh if only I had hit my doubles!!

Joe Hayes, the manager of the Tassie, said that he would be happy to host the tournament again.

I thought that there was too much hanging around waiting to play. So we would need more boards if we want to give every player at least 3 matches. There is another room on the same floor that would fit another 2 boards.

So congratulations to Anto O’Neill the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Anto O'Neill who dose he play darts for the name rings a bell?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Great stuff lads, congratulations to Anto and thanks to all involved in organising it, big pat on the back lads. At least I can console myself with the fact that I was beaten by the eventual champ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Any 180s?

Yeah there was a few alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bobflatley

Well done to all involved. Great to see a plan come together.
    I have been in Australia but go home this week and would be interested in future events.
    If there was a gulf in class a doubles tournament format, perhaps seeded should close the gap some although many players (myself included) prefer and play better in singles. However, if the idea is to throw a few darts, have a few pints and basically have fun, doubles format evens things a bit.
    Keep practicing and keep posting and the next one will only be more successful.

Advertisement