Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How not to un-park!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

She's thorough, you'd have to give her that ! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

WTF??

Drink...?

Drugs...?

Or just your plain old typical female Irish Driver...? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

What an idiot, I hope she got charged well for that.

That's why I hate parking on a public parking space with a new car, you never know what kind of an idiot might park beside you, or in this case, just on the same car park and still manage to damage your car.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Unreal. The 3rd time she hits the car she gives it a right shunt, it moves across a bit.

I honestly don't think manoeuvring is tested enough as part of the driving test. When I did mine, I did a reverse around a corner and that was it. Granted that was 16 years ago, maybe it's different now.

She has absolutely no control of that car and very poor judgement. Then again, maybe she's a learner.... :rolleyes: Some people just should not be allowed drive cars, regardless of how many times they've done the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

CyberGhost wrote:
    That's why I hate parking on a public parking space with a new car
    Or even private car parks with a used car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,124 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think what was really disturbing is the fact that she hit the same car at least 3 times and still drove away out onto a public road as if nothing had happened. Image coming back to find your car in that state!

If it were my car she hit 3 times I would take her to the cleaners in court so that she could not afford to get behind the wheel again.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

and the worst part of it is that the Germans are better drivers than the Irish!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Nice one! That gave me a bit of a laugh.

But how can someone drive that badly............?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I cant get how she thinks if she keeps reversing back around in the semi circle that she'll get more room.

How stupid do you have to b to a) realise that you are pretty much about to hit the car full on ( fair enough if your not paying attention and clip someone, but this was square on 3 times) and b) not no how to turn the car straight by locking the other way when reversing. Asuming she passed a test and didnt decide to start driving that day, she's come across reversing before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

PauloMN wrote:
    I honestly don't think manoeuvring is tested enough as part of the driving test. When I did mine, I did a reverse around a corner and that was it. Granted that was 16 years ago, maybe it's different now.

Nope. Still just a corner, I don't recall being asked to do it either, though I may be mistaken

• Advertisement

Just watched it.......dear God almighty in heaven with all the angels and saints....I wouldn't even qualify that as driving.... more see what happens ing. I wonder if the 2 spaces vacated to either side of her space had attained similar damage on the way in

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bmoferrall

A shoo-in for the 2007 Darwin awards:
    http://www.dumpalink.com/videos/Too_tight-2eeg.html
    I think she stops to powder her nose half way through :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

Lmao! The guy sniggering on the ST makes that even funnier. I've seen women sturuggle to park a car in spaces twice as big as the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

good tactic though. she eventually moved the other car enough to be able to clear it, without having to steer at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭BrianD3

In the 2nd video notice what happens when the blue Clio tries to get past the driver that's trying to park. Silly bitch gives the Clio driver sarcastic applause!

Of course touch parking like this is commonplace on the continent and I believe that this video is from Italy. Still though, there's more "touch" than "parking" going on that video. She hits the car behind a good whack several times and clips the one in front too. And no chance that she'd get out and check for damage :rolleyes: The only good thing is that she isn't driving a bullbarred SUV or something

I cannot stand people that hit other cars while parking and don't give a sh1t if they've caused damage or not. The first video from germany is even worse than the second one. If i saw someone taking off after hitting my car like that I'd drag them out of theirs. Problem, you never catch the c*nts in the act.

It makes you question whether ther IS ACTUALLY anything wrong with our driver licencing system in this country if those people have to pass more comprehensive tests

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

How do we know shes german! Seriously expensive and good driving instruction before you can get your license there.

Probably Irish living abroad :D !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

BrianD3 wrote:
    Problem, you never catch the c*nts in the act.

A guy hit my car when he was parking, put a crack in my front bumper. Anyway he just walked away without even looking... He didn't realise I was sitting in my car!! He claimed he didn't know he'd ran into me

• Registered Users Posts: 78,261 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm not sure if I've seen a 20-point turn before.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was the victim of touch parking the other day. Lady in a beemer reversed into my rear bumber, until it bent in, drove formward, bumper popped back out. Luckily a delivery man saw it happen and told me when I got to car. Damage wasn't immediately apparent but had to get the bumper rehung as she'd knocked some retaining clips off.

She tried to deny it til van man pointed out security cameras and him as a witness.

Tried to show damage to her car (I politely told her I had no interest in the damage to her car as she caused it)

There were two people in her car, and none of them were going to own up til van man got involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

wow even I could park in that much space.

Got that one in a mail, also these two

How not to pump gas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJrUZf9Tn0M

Danger of owning a Skoda: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH5PstR9KMY

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"I can only reverse to the left, not to the right". That was probably her problem. And yes, I've had a woman say that to me in the past. *boggle*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

You see guys, it's not about whether she is Irish or German, or man or a woman, it's about simple thought processing and just plain old logic!

If you don't know what the hell you are doing, just STOP!

Like my friend says, Driving is constant hard work and constant thinking. Some people aren't born to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

I'm not sure that either of these are in fact women, the second one looks like an overweight Italian bloke, with an even larger ego, which was hopefully severely 'dented' by his shocking inability to park.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,261 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Dimensional distortion affects females of all ages http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWfT5ohdYiY&NR

• Registered Users Posts: 64,800 ✭✭✭✭unkel

MarkR wrote:
    There were two people in her car, and none of them were going to own up til van man got involved.

Fair play to van man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭lau1247

that is just retarded..
    why can't the driver just reverse to the right in the first place??

and after the car was hit the first time, when it reverse, there's such a thing called turn the steering wheel the opposite way..

My god.. I can't believe stupidity like this still exist in the world today

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

lau1247 wrote:
    that is just retarded..
    why can't the driver just reverse to the right in the first place??

and after the car was hit the first time, when it reverse, there's such a thing called turn the steering wheel the opposite way..

My god.. I can't believe stupidity like this still exist in the world today

I recon it's called alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

ninty9er wrote:
    It makes you question whether ther IS ACTUALLY anything wrong with our driver licencing system in this country if those people have to pass more comprehensive tests

Don't forget we have 400,000+ learner drivers on our roads and 10's of thousands of drivers who failed their driving test but were allowed drive home. Overall, the Irish are the worse drivers in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭maidhc

I recon it's called alcohol.

A surprising amount of people are pretty thick without touching a drop!

Irish people generally don't give a damn about other peoples cars... especially those that frequent supermarket car parks. I had a woman let her trolley crash into my car to stop it rolling once. I was in the car and she let it bang off the drivers door! It didn't do any damage but I conveyed to her how I found her actions unacceptable.

Also had a person in a 4x4 bend in my door, while the exact same happened my mother. Both times the driver absconded (only guessing 4x4 by the height of the bumper) leaving bills of roughly €300. Grr.

Advertisement