Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football 13th / 14h jan

Options
  • 10-01-2007 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭

Chelsea v Wigan and Man United v Aston Villa double 1/2. Is this worth a decent lump sum?? Now my lump sums are nothing like the nut job joeboys. I'm thinking around 400 max.

Wigan have lost the last 6 six games on the trot and aston villa havent won a prem game in i dont know how long. I know Chelsea are stuttering a bit but can anybody see anything other than two home wins here?

Opinions welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I really would not be backing Chelsea any time soon, plus they will be rubbish odds. I'm sure there is a better bet you could add in instead of Chelsea, at better odds as well.

EDIT: This weekend I'll be doing an accum consisting of:

Barclays Premiership
    Blackburn v Arsenal, (Arsenal to win)
    Bolton v Man City, (Bolton to win)
    Charlton v Middlesbrough, (Middlesbrough to win)
    Man Utd v Aston Villa, 15:00 (Man Utd to win)
    Sheff Utd v Portsmouth, (Portsmouth to win)

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship
    Birmingham v Leeds, 15:00 (Birmingham to win)
    20 quid bet should return between 300 and 400, alot safer than throwing 400 on chelsea and utd!

I think Man Utd are the dodgy game in the bet. As a United supporter I shouldn't be saying this, but, we hammered villa, then got a late goal against them in the last game - although we had 30something chances throughout the game. United will have alot of chances again and hopefully will be able to put them away with the crowd behind them at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

sjones wrote:
    I really would not be backing Chelsea any time soon, plus they will be rubbish odds. I'm sure there is a better bet you could add in instead of Chelsea, at better odds as well.

Birmingham and Man united @ 4/5 maybe?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Yoursomelanger

Dun laoire wrote:
    Chelsea v Wigan and Man United v Aston Villa double 1/2. Is this worth a decent lump sum?? Now my lump sums are nothing like the nut job joeboys. I'm thinking around 400 max.

Wigan have lost the last 6 six games on the trot and aston villa havent won a prem game in i dont know how long. I know Chelsea are stuttering a bit but can anybody see anything other than two home wins here?

Opinions welcome.

Seems like a solid enough bet but I would wait until you know the line-ups before putting a big bet on. With Chelsea still with 'Hilarious' in goal and Terry still out, they are capable of leaking goals on the day. Also, Utd were lucky to beat Villa on Sunday in injury time and O'Neill is capable of setting up his team for the draw. All that said, it does look a good bet but I'm sure there's better value elsewhere...

Dun laoire wrote:
    Birmingham and Man united @ 4/5 maybe?!?!

West Ham could be good value this weekend - they have signed a couple of decent players in the window and will have more confidence after last weekend's cup win. A possible double with Bolton at home to Man City, (who were lucky to survive Sheff Wed last weekend) could be a decent weekend bet !

Thanks for the input lads. I might just leave that big bet on hold this week.

Anyway i think gretna are worth putting into your acca this weekend.

Partick v Gretna. Gretna have been one of those teams that go hot and cold and have let me down on a couple of times but for whatever reason they always get the better of Partick. Just look at the last 4 games played against each other. So 5/4 for the gretna win is good value.

Nov 25, 2006 First Division Gretna Partick Thistle 4 - 0

Sep 23, 2006 First Division Partick Thistle Gretna 0 - 6

Mar 18, 2006 Second Division Partick Thistle Gretna 0 - 2

Jan 21, 2006 Second Division Gretna Partick Thistle 6 - 1

Nov 12, 2005 Second Division Partick Thistle Gretna 3 - 3

Sep 17, 2005 Second Division Gretna Partick Thistle 2 - 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

West Brom vs Luton 8/15

Blackburn vs Arsenal 10/11

Torino vs Inter Milan 8/13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

Bolton v Man City
    Chelsea v Wigan
    Man Utd v Aston Villa
    Watford v Liverpool

Got 4/1 with pp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Although Man U should do it v Villa I wouldn't take the risk. We all seen the farse of a game in the FA Cup. Draw avoided just by a goal keeping blunder.

joebhoy1916's accum is bang on the money if you ask me. Arsenal are great value and it's worth noting that RvP has a fantastic scoring record against Blackburn, might be worth a few quid on first goal or to score at any time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I wouldnt touch arsenal with a barge poll at those odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Leyton V Slough @4/9: Hopefully this one won't be postponed. Slough are still in the shit (barely able to field a full team) and are up against a decent mid table team in Leyton.

Sloughs last 7 games= L 6-0 L 2-0 D 2-2 L 3-0 L 5-0 L 2-0 L 5-1

Thats 5 defeats and a draw(which was against fellow relegation strugglers Worthing). Leyton have won 3 of their last 4 Home games (4-1, 3-0 and 3-2) with 2 of those victories coming against teams in the top 6. Leyton have already beaten Slough in the away fixture earlier on this season.

I reckon 4/9 is a great price here and it'll definitely be in my Weekend Coupon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Pighead wrote:
    Leyton V Slough @4/9: Hopefully this one won't be postponed. Slough are still in the shit (barely able to field a full team) and are up against a decent mid table team in Leyton.

Sloughs last 7 games= L 6-0 L 2-0 D 2-2 L 3-0 L 5-0 L 2-0 L 5-1

Thats 5 defeats and a draw(which was against fellow relegation strugglers Worthing). Leyton have won 3 of their last 4 Home games (4-1, 3-0 and 3-2) with 2 of those victories coming against teams in the top 6. Leyton have already beaten Slough in the away fixture earlier on this season.

I reckon 4/9 is a great price here and it'll definitely be in my Weekend Coupon.
    thanx for the tip pighead

I'm gonna have a gamble on it anyway. We'll see what happens ;)

West Brom V Luton @8/15: Agree with Chucky about West Brom, they've been in great form at home lately( Last 4 games W3-1 W2-0 W4-2 W5-0). Luton have picked up just 6 points from 18 and after a good start they're falling back now. Ellintgon has handed a transfer request in for Brom but Phillips and Hartson are more than able to lead the line without him.

David Toms to win his 3 ball tonight V Ames and Short JR @5/6: Toms won this 3 ball last night despite hitting a double bogey and 2 bogeys on the back 9. Short JR is rubbish and effectively this is just a 2 ball. Toms showed on the front 9 that he has the class to beat Ames again.

Leyton @4/9 as above

Watford V Liverpool @1/2: Liverpool have a tendency to bounce back from poor results and as well documented they rested a few 1st teamers the other night so should be relatively fresh. Watford look doomed and are heading back from where they came.

30 Points:West Brom, Toms, Leyton, Liverpool @5/1

Good Luck To All

Gretna 4/6
    Arsenal 5/6
    Stenhousemuir 4/9
    Leyton 4/9

Just under 11/2 for the four wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Gonna change my accum later on, not confident with Middlesbrough anymore and the Birmingham game has been called off.

10/11 Is great odds.

Just beat Liverpool twice In the space of a few day's. I know they were cup ties but they wont want to lose to a team like Blackburn after showing wjat great skill they had In game althoguh my nanny would of played better than Dudek I think Blackburn dont stand a chance.

Isnt the place for this but If your doing your bet tonight I would also stick In Toronto Raptors -5.5 on handicap @5/6. There playing Boston Celtics and Boston are missing about 7 first team player's.
    Dun laoire wrote:
    nut job joeboys

*grinds teeth and prays you lose*

another to consider including in the accum are Sunderland at home to Ipswich. Sunderland will have Anthony Stokes which should boost confidence while Ipswich have had disciplinary problems during the week and moral should be low.

4/5 isn't a bad price for a home win !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭iwincosimcool

****, i won 180 on betfair hilo and put it all on chelsea to win 3-0 at 8.4. some stupid ideas i come up with sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

****, i won 180 on betfair hilo and put it all on chelsea to win 3-0 at 8.4. some stupid ideas i come up with sometimes

Close out your position when (if!)they go 1-0 or 2-0 up and you can make a tidy profit.

I hope ye were on Raptors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Anfield

I hope ye were on Raptors.

Thanks for the Tip Joebhoy1916 I put a few quid on them.

My Acca for today is:

Leyton V Slough
    Watford v Liverpool
    Bolton v Man City
    Derby v Sheff Wed

Odds = 6/1

2-0 Chelski

3-0 is currently at 2.14. Lay now and pocket a tasty 500 quid! Do it do it!

I'm on
    50 points - Arsenal win @ 2.02
    10 points - RvP to score @ 3.20

EDIT: 3-0 Chelski!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

4-0 Chelsea with the last kick of the game. Hope he closed it out before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Hey lads i have a winning accum but bham are in it. Does any1 know if their match is to be played in the next 3 days???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

no it wont be.

i wasnt near a pc to lay the odds when it was 3-0, i definitely would have, but i had 260 on chelsea half time full time at 1.9 and layed 180 on bolton to win at 1.84, so it was a pretty good day, could have been so so so much better if it wasnt for Uncle drogba though

West Brom vs Luton 8/15

Blackburn vs Arsenal 10/11

Torino vs Inter Milan 8/13

man, that's impressive

Pighead wrote:

30 Points:West Brom:) , Toms:) , Leyton:) , Liverpool:) @5/1

Good Luck To All

Very lucky with West Brom(2-1 down with 3 mins to go before Phillips popped up with 2 late goals) and Leyton took their time in beating Slough but a succesful coupon none the less. That makes up for the Liverpool Arsenal disaster midweek!

Points Staked: 30
    Points Returned: 180
    Profit: 150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

Pighead wrote:
    Very lucky with West Brom(2-1 down with 3 mins to go before Phillips popped up with 2 late goals) and Leyton took their time in beating Slough but a succesful coupon none the less. That makes up for the Liverpool Arsenal disaster midweek!

Points Staked: 30
    Points Returned: 180
    Profit: 150

well done Pighead, i followed your selection but i added Gretna in there aswell :mad: Greed got the better of me!!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement

West Brom vs Luton 8/15 :)

Blackburn vs Arsenal 10/11 :)

Torino vs Inter Milan 8/13 :)
    :)
    Isnt the place for this but If your doing your bet tonight I would also stick In Toronto Raptors -5.5 on handicap @5/6. There playing Boston Celtics and Boston are missing about 7 first team player's

:)

Advertisement