Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA Cup

Options
  • 04-01-2007 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Any tips on the outright market?

Bolton at 27/1 and reading 59/1 on betfair both look good outside chances. both have the easist draw of the premiership sides apart from chelsea.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

I Reckon liverpool have a great chance of retaining the Cup,With Man u and chelsea battling it out for the league those 2 might just take there eye of it,Obviously they have a hard tie on Saturday against Arsenal, if they can get trough that and get a couple of home ties (as they have been excellent at home all season) then ide fancy them to go to the final at least. 7/1 is a nice price for the holders.

Reading and Bolton, ya cant rule either of them out, after all its the FA cup. It always seems to throw up some :eek: Moments, i.e Exeter holding man u in Old Trafford. should be interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Liverpool 9.2 on betfair.

Match wise, I might lay a few favourites, has to be the value.

Outright, I think Spurs might be worth a shout. 17.5 on betfair might be worth taking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Any good Betfair odds for the 3rd round itself? Wouldn't mind backing Reading or possibly Stoke, only the former seems the much safer bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Topcat101

Weekend FA Cup Accum @ Paddycrooks

Wrexham
    Swansea
    Cardiff

All to win 250/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stephenoleary

I really like Portsmouth at 34 on betfair. 16 wins in their last 32 premiership games, serious top 6 ambitions and full of confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

I'm feelin lucky - my long shot with pp:

Stoke v Millwall
    Stoke @ 1 - 2

Tamworth v Norwich
    Norwich @ 4 - 9

Barnet v Colchester
    Colchester @ 8 - 11

Chelsea v Macclesfield
    Chelsea @ 1 - 25

Chester v Ipswich
    Ipswich @ 8 - 11

Derby v Wrexham
    Derby @ 3 - 10

Doncaster v Bolton
    Bolton @ 8 - 15

Hull v Middlesbrough
    Middlesbrough @ 4 - 5

Reading v Burnley
    Reading @ 1 - 2

Torquay v Southampton
    Southampton @ 1 - 2

West Brom v Leeds
    West Brom @ 4 - 7

1 returns 85;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Great price there for West Brom to beat Leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Ipswich and Boro will ruin it for you.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Any good Betfair odds for the 3rd round itself? Wouldn't mind backing Reading or possibly Stoke, only the former seems the much safer bet.

Stoke @ 1.58
    Reading @ 1.55

Preston to beat Sunderland are 2.2 which i think is a good price. Westbrom @ 1.65 is another good one.

Charlton to beat forest @ 2.66, i dont think pards will want to mess about with his squad to much as a defeat really will be a dent for the teams confidence.

For an long shot hull to beat Boro @ 4.3 is worth considering. 4 goals or more should be layed in the chelsea match @ 2.06

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Norwich City have to be taken at 4/9 to bt Tamworth. Ok they aren't setting the Championship alight but they're doing ok and importantly Huckerby is back tomorrow, and even more importantly Tamworth are a non league team! Norwich should be at least 1/3 for this I reckon.

Went against Slough last week and the match was abandoned, they're playing again tomorrow against Harrow Borough and things look just as bleak for them.

They haven't won in the league since Oct 17th and in their last 3 games they've conceded 10 and scored 0 using 3 different keepers! The fact that each of these keepers got the man of the match award tells its own story.

Harrow Borough are no great shakes themselves but with Slough hardly able to put a team out(They only had 3 on the bench in the last 2 games) Evens is worth chancing.

Chelsea(-2) V Macclesfield @4/5: Maccclesfield are the most in form team in the galaxy and have ruined 53 of Pigheads coupons in the past 2 months. Tomorrow is payback. Chelsea will score at least 3 against them and despite their dodgy backline they shouldn't concede. Mourhinho will probably give Shevchenko a game to get his confidence back and even if he puts out his whole 2nd string they're more than good enough to defeat Macclescnuts.

West Ham V Brighton @1/3: Luckily for the Hammers they're playing a team in even worse form than themselves. Brighton have lost their last 4 and lie 15th in League 1. New signing Boa Morte could well have a goalscoring debut against this Motley Crew.

Saturdays Accumulator:
    40 Points-Norwich, Harrow, Chelsea(-2) West Ham@ 6/1

10 Points- Singh to win Mercedes Golf@3/1, Plymouth@11/10, Wolves@4/6, Middlesboro @4/5 =24/1

Good Luck To All.
    May all the giantkilling stay away from Pigheads coupon (I'm looking at you Incey)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

A little treble on Hull, Shef Wed and Cardiff 64/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

Double of Blackpool and Derby is about 4/5.

Having a nice bet on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I also like Preston, I have to admit. They are the form team in their section, and won't turn their noses up at a cup run; well, I'm assuming they won't; haven't seen any team news, which is something I usually look at before investing in cup football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Tush

None of you fancy the gunners to do liverpool.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

tottenham, everton, man utd, wolves, portsmouth, and bolton all to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Tush wrote:

I do but I'd be more confident if Fabregas wasn't missing the match through suspension :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Interesting news froim the BBC regarding Weymouth V Burton.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_conf/6214027.stm

The 13/8 with Paddy Power will do me. Even without Weymouths woes it still looks a decent bet.
    Burtons last 4 games: D(H) W(A) W(A) W(A)
    Weymouths last 4 games: L(H) L(A) W(H) L(H)

Tush wrote:

I fancy liverpool big time here i have to say, and thats not just th bias.

Arsenal are missing alot of players, and liverpools recent form and their excellent home records makes them very tempting.

I usually dont like betting on my team, but the fact its in-play swings it for me. A liverpool clean sheet @ 2.62 is also looking appealing. I think Arsenal will really struggle tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Man Utd/win
    Everton/win
    Man City/win
    Luton/win
    Sheff Utd/win
    Barnsley/win
    Cardiff/draw

return of 219.76 for one placed

Pighead wrote:
    Interesting news froim the BBC regarding Weymouth V Burton.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_conf/6214027.stm

The 13/8 with Paddy Power will do me. Even without Weymouths woes it still looks a decent bet.
    Burtons last 4 games: D(H) W(A) W(A) W(A)
    Weymouths last 4 games: L(H) L(A) W(H) L(H)

WEYMOUTH are facing an injury crisis ahead of tomorrow's massive Nationwide Conference National clash against Burton Albion (3pm).

Ashley Vickers (hamstring) will definitely miss the game and there are fears that Roy O'Brien (head) and Simon Downer could also be sidelined.

With skipper Ben Smith suspended and a flu bug likely to cause more casualties the Terras did at one stage enquire with Conference officials about the possibility of calling the game off.

Vickers and O'Brien both suffered their injuries in the 3-2 loss at Forest Green Rovers on New Year's Day. The latter was rushed to hospital during the encounter at New Lawn after suffering concussion from an elbow to the head.

Terras' boss Garry Hill said: "We still don't know the full extent of Ashley's injury but he won't be fit for the weekend. Simon Downer is also unlikely to be fit and we will just have to see how Roy O'Brien goes." Downer has not featured for the Terras since the 2-1 FA Trophy loss against Grays Athletic on December 16. When asked about the former Leyton Orient player's problem, Hill said: "We are still trying to find out the full extent of the injury."

He then added: `At the moment we have got a few injuries and there is a bit of a bug going around but we have to get on with it.

"I am obviously happy with where we have got to so far but we have got to make every effort to try and hang in that leading group. The league is still very light and it is up to the whole club to keep things going. We have got to have that belief that we can stay up there."

Burton also have injury problems of their own. Darren Tinson (hamstring), Aaron Webster (knee), Andy Ducros (knee), Daryl Clare (hand), and long-term absentees Chris Hall and Steve Scoffham are all expected to miss the trip.

Gary Rowett has a sore knee and is a doubt but skipper Darren Stride should return after recovering from flu.

Albion boss Nigel Clough may also include striker Lloyd Opara in his squad. The Peterborough United man signed on loan for the Brewers yesterday. Clough said: "Tomorrow's match is going to be one of our toughest games of the season. We're going to be missing a few players and we expect Weymouth to come out of the blocks flying after losing two games on the spin.

"Everyone up there (in the top five) is going to have a little wobble at some point but I certainly expect Weymouth to be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. I know it's their first year back at this level, but they've got a squad that reads a bit like a Conference who's who.

"They've also got a manager who knows the Conference inside out. Garry (Hill) will probably go
    out and strengthen again during the transfer window, although I'm not sure he needs to.

"It's still too early in the season to be talking about six-pointers but by the same token it's a game we don't want to lose."

Weymouth Reserves will travel to Exeter City Reserves in the Pontin's Holidays Combination Wales & West Division on Tuesday. Kick-off 7pm.

http://www.theterras.co.uk/website/news%202007/01%20January/Terras%20hit%20hard.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭aubreym

hi all,

if anyone has a skybet.com account, preston (draw no bet) is listed as 13/8, even though a straight win for them is less at 10/11....

also, if someone is going to use skybet, can you mention that i recommended you as we both get free bets then (username: aubreym)...ta

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

chancer:)

13/8 is obviously a mistake, but do sky bet have to take the odds?

hope so, as the bet was accepted...still 13/8 on their site also :)

They have the odds the wrong way around the gob****es.

Sunderland 1.44
    Preston 2.62

Burton Albion game has been called off aswell by the lads. Water Logged pitch.

Burton Albion game has been called off aswell by the lads. Water Logged pitch.

The jammy chancers, I was on the Weymouth forum last night and saw this thread. Check the posts by "Brightonterra" and the one after it.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    The jammy chancers, I was on the Weymouth forum last night and saw this thread. Check the posts by "Brightonterra" and the one after it.

haha, brilliant.

My bets for today:

liverpool @ 2.04
    Preston @ 2.16
    Bolton @ 1.83
    Lay Boro @ 2.14 - Liability 2.28pts
    Charlton @ 3.15
    Swansea @ 6.8
    Newcastle @ 3.4

2 pts on all of them. Value bets of the day are charlton and Newcastle i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Just back from the bookies

Reading win
    West Brom win
    Robin Van P to score a any time

7/1

Advertisement