Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Market Movers Diary

Options
  • 02-01-2007 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Horse Racing: Gonna try this out, as in the last week or so ive only been backing market movers, i.e Miss Holly, backed from 40s into 5/2. Chicken soup, Backed from 20s into 4s, Alfridian Park, backed from 14s into 9/2 , blue splash 11s into 4s....all won, Gonna start of with 100 points, the horse must be backed to at least 1/2 of the odds for me to back, ie,opens at 20 and is backed into 10s or less.Hopefully ill start it tommorow, depending on the movers of course! When i lose all my points ill go back to the drawing board.:D

Bank: 100 pts.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I know it's a form of gambling but if it's gonna be strictly Horse Racing wouldn't it be better on the horse racing forum where it could be open to debate as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Miss Holly went off at 6/1 as most punters decided 5/2 wasn't much value anymore, although it did win impressively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

sjones wrote:
    Miss Holly went off at 6/1 as most punters decided 5/2 wasn't much value anymore, although it did win impressively.

miss holly opened up @ 40s in places, 33s in paddypower,was 20s then 14s at 1 stage, i was sitting at my comp all morning looking at the movement.backed all day long, , it eventually went out to 6/1 and won.

fade2black wrote:
    I know it's a form of gambling but if it's gonna be strictly Horse Racing wouldn't it be better on the horse racing forum where it could be open to debate as well?

well this is a gambling forum, and i am talking about horses that are been gambled. The horse racing forum is for people who follow horses etc, this is just pure gambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

fade2black wrote:
    I wouldn't have thought so, if this is based purely on price movements, the relative merits of the horse should have no bearing on the decision whether or not to back it - ie. since we rarely know how good a horse actually is anyway, we just let the price moves be our guide and not the fact that it finished 45l behind some donkey last time out etc - or am i misunderstanding?

• Advertisement

Glenbhoy wrote:
    I wouldn't have thought so, if this is based purely on price movements, the relative merits of the horse should have no bearing on the decision whether or not to back it - ie. since we rarely know how good a horse actually is anyway, we just let the price moves be our guide and not the fact that it finished 45l behind some donkey last time out etc - or am i misunderstanding?

i agree with that point, u can go out and buy your racing posts etc, study the form of horses for hours, little do ya know that a 40/1 horse is out to win,and there the ones im after.There is money to be made from these gambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Very interesting will be watching this good luck OP

cool...good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I'll keep an eye as well, don't mind it being on this forum at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Topcat101

Noticed this one yesterday at southwell first race Egyptian Lord backed in form 12's to 5's. Didn't win/place, although ~50% of the money on betfair went on it.

How do you intend to track market movers ?

• Advertisement

Topcat101 wrote:
    Noticed this one yesterday at southwell first race Egyptian Lord backed in form 12's to 5's. Didn't win/place, although ~50% of the money on betfair went on it.

How do you intend to track market movers ?

The early morning market movers are announced on "Get On!" on ATR each morning.

sjones wrote:
    The early morning market movers are announced on "Get On!" on ATR each morning.

Was is there any where on the net that would track these ?

What would classify as early morning ~2hrs before the race.....

They might be on the attheraces web site. I can't check for sure because it's blocked here in work. Early morning market movers would be market movers between 10am and noon.

Checked the ATR site don't seem to have a link to market movers....:confused:

1st Selection:Kempton 12.40 pappas image 6/1 taken with pp

5 pts e/w.;)

Result: 6th/11

Bank 90pts;)

I love turtle was a mover this morning and eventually won at 7-1. (Drifting out from its move price)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Topcat101 wrote:
    Was is there any where on the net that would track these ?

What would classify as early morning ~2hrs before the race.....

http://www.oddschecker.com

There is a section for market moves and drifters, it's pretty comprehensive.

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement

fade2black wrote:
    I love turtle was a mover this morning and eventually won at 7-1. (Drifting out from its move price)

That does happen quite a lot with early movers i notice, i presume its because the Fav is been backed heavily before the race starts (people who havent a clue about the mover) i didnt see it moveing meself to be honest.i missed it!... Funny the way horses can open up at a donkey price, then all of a sudden its called the "Favourite" if its odds are the shortest, i would have thought the fav was the best horse in the race.... but then again as glenbhoy says....no body knows the full potential of a horse.Its all down to the jockeys.

Selection 2: Apt to Run, Thurles 1.55, 7/1 taken on pp

5 points E/W ;)

Result 4th/7

Bank 80pts

Selection 3: Or juane Fontwell 2.10

4/1 taken with betfred

10pts win;)

Selection 3: won @ 3/1 (4/1 taken)

Stake 10 points, Returns 50 points.

Bank: 120 points ;)

Selection 4: Kealshore Lad, Newcastle 2.30... 2/1 (taken on pp)

10 pts win

Result:lost

Bank 110 points.

Selection 5: Saviles Delight, Wolverhampton 1.40 14-1 Taken on PP.

5 points E/W.

Result: Lost

Selection 7 : val De Maal, Southwell 7/1 pp

25 pts E/W

Result: Lost

Current Bank: 50 points, Selections 7 Winners 1 (3/1)

Thats half my bank gone:mad:

Selection 8, The Venetian:Wincanton 3.10 5/1 taken on Paddy Power

10 Pts E/W

Selection 8 Places @ 5/1. Returns : 20 points

(ironically The Venetian was beaten by a mover, Le Burf, 33s into 20 :eek: )

Current Balance: 50 points

• Advertisement

Selection 9 12.40 Southwell Luloah 9/1 taken with paddy power

5 pts e/w

Advertisement