Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partick thistle vs St. johnstone

Options
  • 29-12-2006 3:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Partick Thistle seek postponement
    Partick Thistle manager Dick Campbell
    Campbell is missing several key first team players
    Flu-hit Partick Thistle have asked the Scottish Football League to postpone Saturday's match against St Johnstone.

Jags manager Dick Campbell said: "We are in a situation where we feel we have very little alternative but to seek a postponement.

"We only had about seven fit players at training this morning which included two goalkeepers.

"We are taking this action as a last resort as we understand the league's reluctance in matters such as these."

A depleted Thistle side fell 3-1 at Dundee on Boxing day to leave them level on points with Saturday's opponents, with both teams eight points adrift of leaders Gretna.

In September, Forfar Athletic wanted their match with Peterhead cancelled after injury and illness left them short of players.

The SFL refused to reschedule the match, with Forfar slumping to an 8-0 loss.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/p/partick_thistle/6215447.stm

fair to paddy power, they seem to be on the ball and have pulled the match from their website. 5/4 on betfair for a johnstone win.

johnstone are 2nd in the league while partick are 3rd. both have the same points.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Good lad Chucky, love to hear of teams misfortunes troubles and woes. For some reason it tends to be in Scotland were this kind of thing happens. Must be something to do with the -34 degree temperatures.

Anyway Boylesports still have it on their coupon. 11/8 for the home win, 5/2 draw, 11/8 away win. Well done St Johnstone, you've made Pigheads end of year coupon!

This is taken from www.pieandbovril.com. A Partick Thistle fan telling exactly how bad things are.

"Kenny Arthur - ok & goalkeeper
    Scott Boyd - ok
    Darren Brady - ok
    Steven Campbell - ill
    Simon Donnelly - ill & injured
    Brown Ferguson - ill
    Billy Gibson - ill
    Graham Gibson - ok
    Jimmy Gibson - ill, injured & still suspended
    Sandy Hodge - on loan at Stranraer
    John Kane - ok
    Pat Keogh - injured
    Stephen McConalogue - ok
    Scott McCulloch - ill
    John McGoldrick - ok
    Mark Roberts - ok
    John Robertson - ill
    Charles Samushonga - 16 year old goalkeeper
    Craig Sives - injured
    Adam Strachan - ill
    Johnny Tuffey - ok & a goalkeeper
    Derek Young - suspended

So out of the 22 players listed, 3 are goalkeepers, 11 are ill/injured/suspended, 1 is out on loan & 7 are fit to play.

I guess if you take the 7 players and play 3 goalkeepers we could have a 10 a side match ???? "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭joebhoy1916

Yeah there tipped all over the place.

Anyone reckon game will go a head?

History matches
    Nov 04, 2006 St. Johnstone Partick Thistle 2 - 0
    Sep 09, 2006 Partick Thistle St. Johnstone 1 - 5
    Aug 30, 2005 Partick Thistle St. Johnstone 2 - 2
    Apr 16, 2005 Partick Thistle St. Johnstone 0 - 4
    Jan 22, 2005 St. Johnstone Partick Thistle 1 - 1
    Dec 04, 2004 Partick Thistle St. Johnstone 0 - 4
    Sep 25, 2004 St. Johnstone Partick Thistle 2 - 1
    Apr 12, 1997 Partick Thistle St. Johnstone 0 - 4
    Apr 12, 1997 Partick Thistle St. Johnstone 0 - 4
    Jan 13, 1997 St. Johnstone Partick Thistle 0 - 0

Jesus, this bets gets better looking by the minute! Check out St Johnstones amazing away record against Partick. 5 games 4 wins 1 draw 23 scored and 3 conceded! And Partick haven't won once in any of the last 10 matches.

Chucky, I think you've struck gold!

Yeah there tipped all over the place.

Anyone reckon game will go a head?
    Well if you take the Forfar Peterhead game as a precedent then the game should go ahead. Forfar had something like 8 first teamers ill or injured and asked for a postponment. Scottish FA said no, Peterhead won 8-0. Can't see why this case should be any different to be honest.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:
    Anyway Boylesports still have it on their coupon. 11/8 for the home win, 5/2 draw, 11/8 away win. Well done St Johnstone, you've made Pigheads end of year coupon!

Now there Partick vs St Johnstone 11/5 12/5 10/11 .

What would ye reckom lads 5,500 on Johnstone?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭stephenoleary

Betfair are still offering better than evens joe, if you're loking to lump on 5k it might offer better value than boyles.

Whats odds on them?

I sent money once before by wire transfer it took over a week to get into my account?

EVERYBODY REPLIES well if you are doing best of luck.

Joe say's thanks lads.

Now there Partick vs St Johnstone 11/5 12/5 10/11 .

What would ye reckom lads 5,500 on Johnstone?
    Yeah they've slashed the price alright,probably end up at about 4/6 if the situation doesn't improve.

As regards to you putting on 5,500 grand theres not much you can say really except for, if you can afford to lose it then go for it, if you can't then don't. Simple really.

Who in gods name could afford to lose 5,500 after christmas and new years coming :confused:

Ah no mate I know what your saying. But they really are tipped all over the place and as you stated theywere better odds when you were looking at it.

My darts bet though is looking good so temted no joking though every big bet I have done in the last month or two has wonthat's no joke lost some small bet's alright. Maybe could afford to lose it really up a fortune from my last bet's.

If I put this bet on and came in and my darts bet came in Id say I would have won at least €25,000 - €30,000 in about the last two months.

• Advertisement

Whats odds on them?

I sent money once before by wire transfer it took over a week to get into my account?

They're 2.1 at the moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ya know it's kinda an unwritten rule on gambling sites not to mention how much you are staking or what you have won or lost in currency, use the points system.

You seem to mention it in every second post joebhoy1916

Who in gods name could afford to lose 5,500 after christmas and new years coming :confused:
    Eh somebody with a lot of money in the bank.

Its all relative. To some people a 5,500 losing bet represents a slight annoyance and a brief shrug of the shoulders whilst to someone else it could mean penniless, panic and a whole lot of shit from the Mrs.

Pighead wrote:
    from the Mrs.

The best advice I could give is never tell the woman nothing :D

But I guess alot of ye poor fella's are made to have joint account's :p
    zabbo wrote:
    Ya know it's kinda an unwritten rule on gambling sites not to mention how much you are staking or what you have won or lost in currency, use the points system.

You seem to mention it in every second post joebhoy1916

Waht you trying to say?

I say how much Im going to put on because Im not the kinda person that just say's oh I won this when the game is finished that's not gambling.

The whole purpose for this site is to help other's win and the best majority of my bet's I give do win.

TBH Im gambling since Im 11 and I dont know what a point's sytem is and couldnt really be arsed.

The best advice I could give is never tell the woman nothing :D
    Thats rubbish advice, never tell her nothing means always tell her something. Never tell her anything would have been much better advice.

Anyway back on topic theres talk of Partick bringing U17 squad players into the 1st team.

Anyone honestly doing the bet.

I'm getting my jacket on chat later.

2.14 on betfair though so something isnt right

The price is going out on betfair....

...2.16 now..... are punters getting cold feet?

Anyone honestly doing the bet.

I'm getting my jacket on chat later.

2.14 on betfair though
    Pigheads done the bet already. Now I've answered your question, could you answer one for me. What the hell does the sentence in bold mean. I've read it 17 times now and I still don't have a clue what it means? Are you drunk?

Pighead wrote:
    Pigheads done the bet already. Now I've answered your question, could you answer one for me. What the hell does the sentence in bold mean. I've read it 17 times now and I still don't have a clue what it means? Are you drunk?

there's a comma missing....

I'm getting my jacket on, chat later.

I assume he's gone to the bookies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

21/10 on Boylesports as HT/FT.

• Advertisement

whodini wrote:
    there's a comma missing....

I'm getting my jacket on, chat later.

I assume he's gone to the bookies
    Cheers whodini, that was magic.

Well I just got in the door from drinking all night so Im abit.

"I assume he's gone to the bookies" Going now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭wba88

Damn it. All i have near me is a paddy power.

what are the chances they will still be taking prices 2moro?

wait. this is from paddy power site:

15:00 Partick v St Johnstone 2 - 1 12 - 5 evens
    They are evens now, are they taking the bet?

wba88 wrote:
    Damn it. All i have near me is a paddy power.

what are the chances they will still be taking prices 2moro?

wait. this is from paddy power site:

15:00 Partick v St Johnstone 2 - 1 12 - 5 evens
    They are evens now, are they taking the bet?
    Yep they sure are, they must have took it down whilst they investigated how bad the situation was. All bets are back on it seems.

PP have reopened their book but it's the only match in which they're not taking correct score bets.

Betfair forum suggests a lot of bets went on SJ 4-0/5-0/6-0 results at 50/1 to 100/1 plus....

..now that would be nice :D

I just went into them.

Said they were willing to give me 4/5 for 5000.

I just went into them.

You're losing at least 1k in potential profit if you take that price.

Is betfair not an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

whodini wrote:
    You're losing at least 1k in potential profit if you take that price.

Is betfair not an option?

No asked them how long would it take to wire money to my account they said three days :(

• Advertisement

I just went into them.

How come your docket says 5,500 at 10/11 then?

Advertisement