Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abercrombie and Fitch in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Most popular thread I've ever started!

p.s. Some people need to lighten up about logos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

ned78 wrote:
    So do Brown Thomas' Makeup Department. Your point? It's normal. If you want to sell what's perceived as an exclusive and presitgous brand, you don't have sweaty betty with jeans 7 sizes too small, and a wart on her nose to do it.

Ned78 Darling.. You are very uninformed i must tell you.
    infact if you would care to bother to read the article on the next link from AsianWeek.com, you might find that you have quite embarrassed yourself with your lack of knowledge about the sheer horror and slavery that other people endure making your "good quality" "cool" brand clothes.. I won't waste my breath saying much more on the subject on a thread entitled "Abercrombie and Fitch in ireland", though i will suggest that you try to read a bit more about what is really going on in the world.

Link one: Asianweek.com : http://www.asianweek.com/2001_07_20/feature.html

Link two: (Suscription?) : http://www.newint.org/

Draupnir wrote:
    Most popular thread I've ever started!

p.s. Some people need to lighten up about logos

You can lighten up here - www.nologo.org

Have fun!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Finally, some support....
    Draupnir wrote:
    Some people need to lighten up about logos
    I agree entirely. Those people who think they're so prestigious advertising companies on their clothes are so stupid.

Especially when what makes the clothes so prestigious is the traces of slave labourers' sweat in every Abercrombie hoodie. I guess that's what makes them so warm and snuggly!

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Finally, some support....

I agree entirely. Those people who think they're so prestigious advertising companies on their clothes are so stupid.

Especially when what makes the clothes so prestigious is the traces of slave labourers' sweat in every Abercrombie hoodie. I guess that's what makes them so warm and snuggly!

I don't know.. I couldn't get comfortable in a sweat shirt!!!
    I hear your sarcasim! ;)

Seriously though, You people wearing these brand clothes are the same people that will be giving out and pointing the finger at hash smokers for being one and the same as the scumbags that import herion and are killing each other in the IFSC & sherriff street area.. but due to your complete ignorance, you fail to see that you are the ones supporting the DEATHS of young children working 70 to 100 hours a week in sweat shops.
    Just before someone makes a crass point about me being a hash smoker or some other flimsy distraction - I am on moral high mountain - i don't smoke, drink or take drugs... so back to the point, why do you support the slave trade in third world countries? So far, you've given the reason being - "the hoodies are good quality".. :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Seriously though, You people wearing these brand clothes are the same people that will be giving out and pointing the finger at hash smokers for being one and the same as the scumbags that import herion and are killing each other in the IFSC & sherriff street area.. but due to your complete ignorance, you fail to see that you are the ones supporting the DEATHS of young children working 70 to 100 hours a week in sweat shops.

Just....rofl.

Sangre wrote:
    Just....rofl.

That's Profound. Well done!

Anyway. Good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Wow. Just... wow.

So do Brown Thomas' Makeup Department. Your point? It's normal. If you want to sell what's perceived as an exclusive and presitgous brand, you don't have sweaty betty with jeans 7 sizes too small, and a wart on her nose to do it.
    Ned78 Darling.. You are very uninformed i must tell you.
    infact if you would care to bother to read the article on the next link from AsianWeek.com, you might find that you have quite embarrassed yourself with your lack of knowledge about the sheer horror and slavery that other people endure making your "good quality" "cool" brand clothes.. I won't waste my breath saying much more on the subject on a thread entitled "Abercrombie and Fitch in ireland", though i will suggest that you try to read a bit more about what is really going on in the world.

Link one: Asianweek.com : http://www.asianweek.com/2001_07_20/feature.html

Link two: (Suscription?) : http://www.newint.org/

You do realise your post relates in absolutely no way to what you quoted from Ned. He wasn't talking about the merits of brands rather the reality of how they operate. Him knowing about sweatshops has absolutely know bearing on what he says and undoubtably wouldn't affect what he said in the slightest.

Tbh, in all the various threads I've seen you post in I've never seen someone post such continuous, nonsensical, illogical and unrelated crap.

Sangre wrote:
    You do realise your post relates in absolutely no way to what you quoted from Ned. He wasn't talking about the merits of brands rather the reality of how they operate. Him knowing about sweatshops has absolutely know bearing on what he says and undoubtably wouldn't affect what he said in the slightest.

Tbh, in all the various threads I've seen you post in I've never seen someone post such continuous, nonsensical, illogical and unrelated crap.

I've never noticed anything you've ever posted.. sorry about that.

Allow me to ..... rofl.... just.

Seriously.. is that the only thing that you can pick up on as a comeback?..
    that due to the disgust i felt towards the entire lack of understanding on this thread about why most big brand company care so much about making money that they will allow people to die for it, that in my haste, I didn't quote "Ned"'s "correct" post... and you think that by throwing in a personal insult, that you're making some kind of a valid point???
    I think not.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

ned78 wrote:

Sangre.. If you need me to be specific to each of the ill informed points from Ned I can do so.
    But here's a quick reply on this "point".
    The point here to point out... is that models are dying too.. why don't one of you google it.... or wait I'll do it for you.. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,230183,00.html
    That's what the fashion industry is doing and what advertising is doing.
    Well, isn't that a load of unrealated "crap", for lack of a better word.
    Anyway, clearly you're not a person to be reasoned with through logic and hard facts.
    Goodnight!

Sangre wrote:

sorry sangre, i really think that most english speakers will not be able to fully comprehend your post up there what with spelling and grammer mistakes.. you don't mind if I correct it for you do you? Could you be so humble??
    You do realise your post relates in absolutely no way to what you quoted from Ned. He wasn't talking about the merits of brands rather the reality of how they operate. His (!!) knowing (??) about sweatshops has absolutely no (!!) bearing on what he said (??) and undoubtedly (!!) wouldn't affect what he said in the slightest.

That's the best I can do with what you have actually said. Perhaps English isn't your first language?? :confused::)

And when you say " he wasn't talking about the merits of brands rather the reality of how they operate"... what reality do they operate.. or could you be a bit more vague there?

eh now I am infact "ROFL". ;)

You do know everybody has heard of sweatshops, child labour and bulimia/anorexia in the fashion industry. Your points don't actually change anything.

Ned was pointing out why companies present their brands in such a way, not whether it was morally sound or ethical. Image sells, squalor of the industry regardless. Your breaking controversies aren't new, aren't insightful and they aren't going to change the opinion of the masses.

Edit - I see your arguments has had to resort to correcting the grammar and spelling of my posts. Bravo, a true debating great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

how's about you learn how to spell grammar, before you go attacking other posts.

Dont make me post a card..

Sangre wrote:
    You do know everybody has heard of sweatshops, child labour and bulemia/anorexica in the fashion industry. Your points don't actually change anything.

Ned was pointing out why companys present their brands in such a way, not whether it was morally sound or ethical. Image sells, sqalour of the industry regardless. Your breaking controversies aren't new, aren't insightful and they aren't going to change the opinion of the masses.

Your command of the english language will do a lot less.

:D Good night pet!

anti wrote:
    how's about you learn how to spell grammar, before you go attacking other posts.

Dont make me post a card..
    and he's not attacking mine?

Good night.

*bangs head against desk*

* grabs the ice pack *

anti wrote:
    * grabs the ice pack *

In fairness, he grossly abused my post and all of my previous posts before i ever knew he existed.

Your command of the english language will do a lot less.

:D Good night pet!
    I'm glad you find my dyslexia amusing.

• Advertisement

Why are you complaining to me ?

Do i actually look like i give a flying **** ?

Guilt trips VS Spell Checks eh!!

;)

At least you have mates to look after you!! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

sorry sangre, i really think that most english speakers will not be able to fully comprehend your post up therewhat with spelling and grammer mistakes

Irony?*

*If you want to get nitty about it
    At least you have mates to look after you!!

Pity the child slaves don't, eh?

Will anyone think of the poor children....

I'm sure their "grammer" is just as bad as yours.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Guilt trips VS Spell Checks eh!!
    Nobody in here is good enough to be a Spell Czech.

Apart from you, you sexy biatch..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You are only as sexy as the last picture you posted in Know Your Nerds and the last word you spelled.

Is this some maths formula test ?

So my last word ( biatch ) + ( my picture in nyn ) = ?

I think I'll stay out of the fashion & animal/human cruelty section from now on.

:eek: :eek:

cover.gif

flagjam.gif

Bush-Tank.gif

Goodnight and Good luck!
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433383/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

cover.gif

Come on now, there can't be that many killer kids around to cause much concern. I will watch out for them though, as we've seen from the slave children, they may have small hands but they're quick and precise when trained properly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement