Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broken condom

Options
  • 23-12-2006 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Condom broke last night...
    he'd come earlier that night but not that time...
    however plentya precome...
    i cant afford to go to the doc for the morining after what the hell do i do?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I don't think that you've much choice. If you want to do all that you can to prevent pregnancy, then you need to get yourself to a doctor and get that prescription.

If anyone knows of free/cheap locations, please advise, as I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

sorry don't know how to get back in and kep the username the same...

I dont have a clue of cheap service i live with my parents who are middleincome so don't qualify for ANYTHING!

What i did try straight after was putting alcohol up there cos it apparently kills sperm...does that work?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Condom broke last night...
    he'd come earlier that night but not that time...
    however plentya precome...
    i cant afford to go to the doc for the morining after what the hell do i do?!
    In all fairness that's a pretty lame excuse... Ask someone for the money or something. It's either the small price to pay now, or hundreds of thousands to pay over the next 18 years..

Think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 josephine20

Fifty euros plus whatever for the pill versus paying for a baby or having an abortion. You can't be serious! Getting the morning after pill in the long run is far cheaper and will give you peace of mind. Find the money somewhere, get him to pay or borrow from a friend. It just isn't worth taking the risk. If you're having long term sex, condoms are not the way to go. Try getting on the pill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Eggonaspoon

Yes Josephine, cause the pill protects against sexual transmitted diseases… Best thing is to take the pill and use condoms. Why risk getting infected with something nasty (and yes that can happen in long term relationships too).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Yes Josephine, cause the pill protects against sexual transmitted diseases… Best thing is to take the pill and use condoms. Why risk getting infected with something nasty (and yes that can happen in long term relationships too).
    I think she meant condoms are not the way to go long term, hence use both condoms AND the pill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Don't put alcohol up there - don't put any liquids up there that aren't specifically meant to go up there.

There are free clinics in all major towns and cities that deal with these situations. Open a phonebook or google for your local one (delete the search histoery afterwards).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

€50 is €25 each.

If you were on a medical card then you could get that to cover the insertion of an IUCD, but you say you aren't.

If it comes to it you can probably think of some excuse to bum €50 from your middle-income parents over the Christmas period.

Don't douche with alcohol. Mucus membranes don't take well to alcohol (why alcoholics get ulcers, but at least that's a membrane in a part of your body designed to deal with all sorts of organic material put in it, your vagina expects a lot less variety than your stomach).

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Emm, quick question on that.. if two people are in a long term relationship.. both of them don't haven't catched anything... and they don't go off on other people.. how do they catch something then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Aoife-FM104

Do you have a regular cycle? Do you know when you ovulate?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

If you go to the A&E department of a hospital they will give you the morning after pill for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

After you pay the €60 A&E charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You can be billed by A&E and you have to pay it later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Thaedydal wrote:
    You can be billed by A&E and you have to pay it later.

exactly, giving the OP time to get the money together

thanks guys but i have NO WAY of getting the money- parents dont give me money at all and dont even talk bout paying 50/50 not that kinda arrangement! Hence i can't really tell my frinds to bum cash off them cos they dont exactly approve of casual arrangements!

Is there ANYWAY to get it free?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Lenny wrote:
    Emm, quick question on that.. if two people are in a long term relationship.. both of them don't haven't catched anything... and they don't go off on other people.. how do they catch something then??

Anal sex would be the answer there, along with thrush etc all transferrable even fungal infections.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

What i did try straight after was putting alcohol up there cos it apparently kills sperm...does that work?!

Oh, please tell me you're joking. You cannot actually have put alcohol into your vagina? Not only do you risk pregnancy, you have now also put yourself at risk for thrush and all sorts of unpleasant infections. You'll have to go to the doctor simply to get that sorted out.

thanks guys but i have NO WAY of getting the money- parents dont give me money at all and dont even talk bout paying 50/50 not that kinda arrangement! Hence i can't really tell my frinds to bum cash off them cos they dont exactly approve of casual arrangements!

No there is not,
    I would suggest that you either go to A&E and sort out money to pay the bill when it arrives after the xmas or to the gp and explain you will pay the cost after the xmas or that you talk to your friends,true firends will help you out of such a jam.

If you are a minor and not likely to get money or a wage then I suggest you think about finding an adult you can talk to or a family member that will help.

Honestly as bad as talking to your parents and getting money off them might be how much worse will the converstaion go if it turns out you are pregant.

Remember you only have 72 hours in which to take it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If I were you then, I'd start thinking outside of the box. Otherwise, you'll have a child for the next 18 years, and that'll cost a lot more than the €50 for a GP visit.

isnt there like a wellwoman clinic in town, im sure they could help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Faith wrote:
    If I were you then, I'd start thinking outside of the box.
    Pun intended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

Firstly, I cannot believe that you have no way of getting the money - if your friends are any kind of good friends at all, they will help you.

Maybe you can explain to the people in the doctors surgery/ well woman clinic that you really need it but don't have the money. A long shot, but I'm sure they wouldn't like to send someone away knowing that they'd most likely be pregnant.

Fact is- time is ticking away and you need the emergency pill ASAP.

Get off your high horse! This topic is not about STDS and I'm not going to start lecturing someone stating the obvious. I'm merely giving advice on the topic asked... that the pill is less likely to fail (once taken properly of course all you smartie pants) than condoms and perhaps the poster should think about using this.

josephine20 this forum advocates the use of barrier protection unless both parties have been tested.
    If you are likely to become preganant then you are likely with that same window of oppertunity to contract and sti or become hiv positive.

Thaedydal wrote:
    josephine20 this forum advocates the use of barrier protection unless both parties have been tested.
    If you are likely to become preganant then you are likely with that same window of oppertunity to contract and sti or become hiv positive.

And your point is what exactly? I am well aware of the risks of STDS and am quite educated about them. I'm not telling anyone to stop using condoms :-)

josephine20, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 semifinalist

Steyr wrote:
    Anal sex would be the answer there, along with thrush etc all transferrable even fungal infections.

I don't get this. What sti/disease can you catch from your partner if neither of you had one coming into the relationship and neither of you were unfaithful?

there are differing natural occuring baceria in the anus then there is in the vagina and not using a condom can cause cross infections.

Thaedydal wrote:
    josephine20, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

Is that you're response everytime someone has an opinion you don't agree with? I was merely replying to a comment made :-) Of course I don't agree with unprotected sex and STDs but advising someone to use the contraceptive pill is not neccessarily telling them to stop using condoms. Reading between the lines and all of that... :rolleyes:

I keep forgetting message boards are full of ignorant people who quote "rules" and such every time an argument doesn't go their way. To be honest I'd be quoting the same advice to you but I don't expect you to understand that comment either. Don't bother banning me, I'll press the button myself. I will go find a good message board that allows discussion and debate without jumping down people's throats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

@OP --> Go to A&E, it's your best bet. You won't have to pay straight up and will get billed giving you time to get the money together. Good luck, but don't mess around with this.

Advertisement