Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much has Christmas cost you? [so far!...]

Options
  • 21-12-2006 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

I spent about €70 on my Sister and her Husband, but got them loads of deadly stuff.

Givin my bro 3 nice tops I never wore
    [Ha, how stingey is that! But they're all new and tagged, so there]

Bought my Dad Brain Training for the NDS, but the DS is MINE! muahahaha. Ill also get him about €100 worth of clothes

thats it for now

Share peoples!!!

How much have you spent on Presents already??? 99 votes

Less than €100
    0% 0 votes
    €100 to €500
    26% 26 votes
    €500 to €1000
    51% 51 votes
    €1000+
    22% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Roughly ...

Fiancee - €200
    Fiancee's family - €100
    Mam - €85
    Dad - €40
    Brother 1 - €40
    Brother 2 - €40

So,... yeah... over €500... along with being more generous to myself than usual (new printer, clothes, DVD's... etc.)

Glad the fiancee doesn't read this site ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

About €450 in total on random stuff for me, gifts for my better half and my Kris Kindle*. Probably end up close to €600 by the end of today.

* We do a family Kris Kindle whereby instead of getting 5 x €50 presents from each person, we just each spend €250 on one person. Makes life much easier and the pressies better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Busterpuss

€650/700 on the OH, €80 on my mam, €50 on my dad, €90 on the 3 bro's, €150 on 3 mates, €15 on a work thing, and thats not including clothes and goin out etc, also bout €100 on the oh's parents

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Four farthings and its been worth every shilling Barney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Nothing :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The only thing I've bought so far is the present for the boards secret santa deely..

Haven't done any other xmas shopping yet.

I might pick up some stuff to bring into my staff in work later as they're still in work while I'm at home in bed right now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'd probably forget half the presents if I tried to write a list of what I have bought but I reckon its deffo over the €200-€300 mark anyway. And I still have Daddy dearest to buy for :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

spent nothing on presents so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

About 700blips so far. That includes 150 on a holiday with the g/f after xmas (did it instead of buying presents). 200 on my folks, and the rest is scattered around between my siblings and nephews..

I have to take a moritorium from my mortgage to afford Christmas, but I don't mind one bit. Christmas is great fun.. and I love giving pressies. Ho ho ho!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i havent done any shopping yet its best to do it all on x-mass eve.
    you hear so many stories about how bad it is but you will be surprised how easy it is to shop on x-mass eve because all the people believe the stories about how bad it is so less people wait till then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Its crazy, I started shopping early this year, so didn't realise how much I had spent, but on presents alone I have spent about €850!
    I buy for my parents, my brother, 2 sisters, 2 friends and my boyfriend, and I also bought a few small little presents for the people in work.
    I honestly didn't think I had gone over board this year, thought I had been sensible, but nope, spent just as much as ever, just over a longer period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

About €200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Haven't started getting Christmas presents yet. Will do on Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

It's going to cost me about 300 - 400 euro on presents. Most other years have been less money but unfortunately I set the bar fairly high this year when I told everyone that I wanted a Wii for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

What the crap... Over 600! Just counted it up. I was much happier before you asked that question OP!

Also this doesnt include the €307 I spent on an Xbox360 for my self :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

about €150 or so.
    *waits for netwhizzkid to come in and tell us all he spent €20,000 on presents for fine gael members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

julep wrote:
    *waits for netwhizzkid to come in and tell us all he spent €20,000 on presents for fine gael members.

Fine Gael sent me a Christmas card this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭exCrumlinBoyo

$1000 bucks to date. It includes presents for my two kids, my wife, my mum, dad, brother and sister. My mother and father inlaw, brother inlaw, my wifes grandmother, uncle, aunt and uncle...

Not a penny spent on myself.... its all about the giving.... (me bollix...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Judt

Family, friends and last minute - last minute is people who give me presents and I jump into "Uhoh" mode, get them something and cleverly pretend I had it all along. About €300+ at this point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,673 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Not much, about €110 and I'm finished. I've no brothers or sisters and no girlfriend. I also don't send cards. So it works out fairly cheap for me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

sjones wrote:
    the bastards never send me one. all i ever get is a generic one from Emmet Stagg and that is addressed to my dead father, whose funeal was attended by stagg (he even sent a wreath).
    never anything from fine gael for this voter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

sjones wrote:
    Me too! and I don't even vote for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

So far, Christmas has cost me €0 EUR (seriously!). But that's because I'm broke. Getting paid tonight so will probably be spending around €500 EUR in the next couple of days...

I hate Christmas... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

About 125 on presents for my bro, secret santa for work etc..the real money drain for me will be flights home from the UK and getting pished over xmas! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Just on presents for people between €200-250

But if I include all the clothes and my wii which I bought myself €1000+

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

€3000 upwards.

but i did just get engaged too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

About €80,150* eurons.

*€80,000 being a house for ourselves and €150 for pressies for the wifeh. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

cance wrote:
    €3000 upwards.

but i did just get engaged too :)
    Congratulations!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

€0.00 ;)

I don't do the whole Christmas thing at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

thank the world for little sisters, presents bought all i needed was the money :D

Advertisement