Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merry Xmas [The Best Wishes Thread]

Options
  • 21-12-2006 6:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

happy xmas to everyone on baords.ie and after hours, have a good one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

/checks todays date

21st Dec, little early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

no, not too early, its xmas week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

surely next week would be xmas week, what with xmas day being on Monday...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

admiralgar wrote:

heh

• Registered Users Posts: 16,758 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

ah Xmas, when X was born. X our saviour. X have mercy on us all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

admiralgar wrote:

I'm going to be the very first one to appreciate your sentiments and wish you a Happy Christmas also...Happy Christmas to you & yours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Dammit miamee got there before me! Can't do any harm to say Merry Christmas to one and all at boards.ie :)

Christmas comes but once a year
    So be sure to stock up on crisps and beer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

admiralgar wrote:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.baords.ie.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
    ww.example.com instead of
    www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Merry Christmas to you too Mossy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭windowlicker

happy feckin christmas :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

The amount of sarcasm is unreal. Happy Christmas everybody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

tman wrote:
    surely next week would be xmas week, what with xmas day being on Monday...

Xmas week is the week leading up to xmas. Happy Christmas everyone! I hope you all get drunk, laid, and fed!

sjones wrote:
    Xmas week is the week leading up to xmas.
    say what now?

yeah Happy Christmas to all here...cant bloody wait for the Crimbo dinner. I can almost smell it now

Trilla wrote:
    say what now?

It's also the week after xmas. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah relax, lighten up, Merry Christmas all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Yep, merry Cristmas all and sundry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

sjones wrote:
    Xmas week is the week leading up to xmas. Happy Christmas everyone! I hope you all get drunk, laid, and fed!

Whats a fantastic sentiment, that's going in all my cards. :D

skywalker wrote:
    The amount of sarcasm is unreal. Happy Christmas everybody

And this surprises you ... how?

Merry christmas to you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Happy Hannuka!

Hill Billy is an equal opportunities poster of seasonal greetings. Terms & conditions apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

Trilla wrote:
    ah Xmas, when X was born. X our saviour. X have mercy on us all

Actually X is the Greek letter 'christo' and it's use here is to indicate Christ, so you are actually saying 'Christo' mas.

Just a trivial fact to fill your stocking and give you Xmas to remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Please accept with no obligation, Implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religions or secular tradition at all.
    In addition: “a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make Ireland great, (not to imply that Ireland is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only ‘Ireland' in the World), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual orientation of the wisher”

(Disclaimer: By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or Withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher who assumes no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress these greetings may bring to those not caught up in the holiday spirit.)

In other words, may I wish you a very happy, healthy and holy Christmas and a very happy New Year!

I hope to XXXXing fill Mrs Billy's stockings this Christmas.

Reported post - Offensive to the non-politically correct community! :rolleyes:

the Shades wrote:
    Actually X is the Greek letter 'christo' and it's use here is to indicate Christ, so you are actually saying 'Christo' mas.

Just a trivial fact to fill your stocking and give you Xmas to remember.

yeah thats correct this symbol isnt it χ? Was reading about that this time last year...

Christo beats Crimbo any day in my book. I hate when people say Crimbo.

sjones wrote:
    I hate when people say Crimbo.

Ah its an English thing to say, but I find alot of people say it when talking about Christmas dinner. Maybe Im wrong but Ive heard it a few times now.

Hate is such a strong word for such a small thing this time of year sjones

Trilla wrote:
    Hate is such a strong word for such a small thing this time of year sjones

Never underestimate hate, for it is because of man-kinds' hatred that Christ was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead wishes everybody with an 'e' in their username a Happy Christmas. You know who you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

sjones wrote:
    Christo beats Crimbo any day in my book. I hate when people say Crimbo.
    heh remember that song "Proper crimbo?"

Thanks Pighead, Merry crimbo mate -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Pighead wrote:
    Pighead wishes everybody with an 'e' in their username a Happy Christmas. You know who you are.
    right back at ya.

Advertisement