Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Official Humbug thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

And I actually enjoy shopping for presents!
    Beruthiel wrote:
    You sick bastard
    Oh dear!! :o ... and Dutchology seemed to be implying much the same thing in another forum earlier ...

/ brightens up

Oh, well, at least I seem to have found somewhere where I'll be right at home ... lots more of us around here! :D:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Pigman II wrote:
    Oh and Fairytale of NY is a great song and if you don't like it you are a creep.
    c - 13 wrote:
    Well then, change my user name to Mr. Creep. This song is a pile of ****.
    It's a bit like the bin you end up dragging to the kerb on the 27th, while your hangover plays kettledrums behind your eyes ... it's ugly, it stinks, but it's an inevitable part of Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

For Christmas to be truly enjoyable you either have to be a sprog
    or have sprogs yourself.
    Bollix it does Gran. Pighead is both sprogless and unsproglike and I fcuking love Christmas. Expain that one Miss not so super Gran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭haunted-room

Yep, hate christmas! The most boring day all year. All those tacky decorations on the street and the bloody carrols! ba humbug indeed:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭scion

Capitalist conspiracy!

Humbug! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

OP, I'm with you!

Join my campaign to obliterate December from the Calendar Year!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_of_old

I'm bloody in!

Seriously - eight hour bus journey Christmas Eve to see the folks, sitting around for three days making small talk and eating chocolate, going through the presents received and deciding which can have the label removed and passed on to the woman up the road who gave us a box of biscuits but we forgot to get her anything, watching Home Alone 2, running out of cigarettes because the brother nicked them all while I was helping Grandma with her word puzzle and all the shops are shut, and THEN you have to wake up to Wren Boys banging on your door next morning with tinsel shoved up their noses demanding cash for a polka banged out on fourteen tin whistles and a rusty accordian. The eight hour bus journey back up is a delight and a pleasure.

Christmas begone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Christmas is all about the family and god and stuff. **** getting stressed, one year I'm not gonna buy any presents.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

It's a bit like the bin you end up dragging to the kerb on the 27th, while your hangover plays kettledrums behind your eyes ... it's ugly, it stinks, but it's an inevitable part of Christmas.

Ill drink to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

First of all, I do like Christmas.

But what I do hate is the this new celtic Tiger Christmas MotherF***ers

The ones that go off skiing. (*****)

"Of we are going skiing for Chritsmas" (****) "Oh we are not staying round here (Eh? Good)

You would love its great fun" (Dont care)

Apres Ski me arse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

THEN you have to wake up to Wren Boys banging on your door next morning

thankfully we don't have that tradition. only seen them when visiting relatives in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Whoooo!!!!!! I Love Christmas!!!

Advertisement