Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardree Hotel

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 jasonpbmw

its a complete wreck around the place, i dont know why they didnt just keep it open im sure it was doing good buisness a big place like that. i was never actually in it when it wasw open, was anyone here in it? and if so wat was it like was it a decent enough place or a ****ty place inside and all???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭deisedol

It was a really good 4 star plus hotel. The leisure centre and pool were fab, you would be looking down over the city from the jacuzzi and pool.
    All the big events like the Mayors Ball and the annual Chamber of commerce Ball and big weddings were held there. It was excellent , i could nt fault it at the time. I never stayed in the hotel so i cant comment on the bedrooms. It was a very busy place and was doing very well. The views were spectacular as you can imagine.
    The only reason it closed was because more money could be made with less hassle from property speculation or so they thought!

i wonder will it ever reopen again or whats going to happen to it now??? i cant seem to find info on it anywhere?? so was there excuse for closing it saying that they were going to renovate it only an excuse then or did they really intend to do the place up and then they just hadnt the money or does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭JohnC.

jasonpbmw wrote: »
    i wonder will it ever reopen again or whats going to happen to it now??? i cant seem to find info on it anywhere?? so was there excuse for closing it saying that they were going to renovate it only an excuse then or did they really intend to do the place up and then they just hadnt the money or does anyone know?

There was a big development planned for the site. See this thread. Waterford City Council refused permission, but it is being appealed to An Bord Pleanala.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭PFJSplitter

Does Waterford still require archeological mitigation (dig for historical artifacts) of building sites slated for new developments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Does Waterford still require archeological mitigation (dig for historical artifacts) of building sites slated for new developments?
    If they need a reason to stop anything being developed theyll use it

the last of the lights are finally gone out in the hotel just before xmas.................does anybody have any pics of a few year ago when the spraoi was on and it was spelled out on the hotel with the lights??

Advertisement