Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

they are mad at me!!

Options
  • 04-12-2006 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

This will be long!!

I was at a party in my friends over the weekend-It was a girls only thing-we decided to let the bfs have their own thing in town and we had a little party in her house(Kind of a hen night thing)

Anyway there was about 8 of us-I knew them all except for one girl Cat(She works with my friend)

Anyway we all were drinking-Having a laugh-Until Cat started on the vodka-She got BLADDERED!

During this time 2 of my friends started on rum and ended up puking in the bathroom(One of these girls lived in the house)

Can i just point out there are 3 bathrooms in this house!

While they were puking in the bathroom I was trying to keep Cat from falling-The rest of the girls were pretty drunk and I was the only sober 1 and none of them bothered to help me!!

I went outside to call Cats bf to get him to come in and collect her(He wasnt out) Got no answer!!

When I came back in-Cat was lying on the floor bleeding-The girls said she had fallen and Slapped her head off the Tv.They were all laughing-Thought it was the best Craic ever-Cat was laughing too- Until she reliased she was bleeding-She went for me -accused me of making her bleed!!

I told her to calm down and said come upstairs to clean up the bleeding.Everyone else was in the kitchen pissed except for the other 2 girls who were still in the toilet!

When we were upstairs she couldnt even stand so I sat her on the toilet to clean the wound and looked under the sink for dettol!I heard a thud! I turned around and she was in the bath!I tried to get her out but she was no help- Laughing slurring "Ill sleep here"

At this stage I was getting really worried cos the back of her head was bleeding now and she was starting to drift off-Didnt want her having a concussion so I called the ambulance! They came-Got her out of the bath-I called her bf again-He answered this time-And after she was patched up and checked out he took her home!

I went home 10 mins later-Didnt tell anyone i was going-I was just so mad at the lot of them-They had left me to babysit someone who cant handle her drink!!!

The next day i got a text from my mate who owns the house
    Was expecting an apology but i got this...

This was the exact message..

"What the HELL went on last night.You broke my TV-you HIT Cat and made her bleed and there was an ambulance here last night"You can pay for my ****ing telly and you can pay the ambulance bill"

I called her and told her EVERYTHING that happened-She said sorry she got snippets of the night off the girls and that was the conclusion she came to.However now her Bfs going mad cos He said i shouldnt have called the ambulance cos they would have to pay for it and he said if a bill comes im paying it!

What was i ment to do leave her die in their bathroom!

I was the only 1 who bothered to take care of Cat even though it wasnt my responsibility-The rest of them where too pissed to reliase that she needed medical help!

And now they are mad at me!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Um, they sound like a bunch of idiots.
    Tell them that next time one of them has a drunken accident and gets seriously injured that they can figure it out themselves since they're clearly so capable of taking care of themselves

they'll probably only learn the hard way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

That is disgraceful. I don't think much of your friend's text to you either. Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Put everything in an email (similar to your post) to your friend today so that time won't allow embellishment. That way you have a record in writing of what actually occured should they try and bully you into paying an ambulance fee.

Sounds like a drunken harridan and her boyfriend sounds like the cream of society. Just ignore them, they sound like knackers. Pat yourself on the back for doing the decent thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

bluewolf wrote:
    Um, they sound like a bunch of idiots.
    Tell them that next time one of them has a drunken accident and gets seriously injured that they can figure it out themselves since they're clearly so capable of taking care of themselves

they'll probably only learn the hard way

they were so drunk-but they keep saying i should have let her be that she would have been ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Not with a head injury, you did the right thing, tell the boyfriend and your friend to get lost, if they want money off anyone to get it off that Cat girl who fell, why the hell should you pay for some elses stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

also tell cat to sue them for personal injury.

• Advertisement

jaggeh wrote:
    also tell cat to sue them for personal injury.

what annoys me is my friends calling everyone at the party and apoligising for cats behaviour (We found out later that cat went for 1 of the girls cos she thought she took her drink-No one saw that n the girl didnt mention it till now)

Why cant Cat do it?My guess is shes mortified-I didnt even get a thank you off that ungrathful cow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

How old are these people? That should be an ad for know your one too many.

I'm all for having a good girly nite and a laugh but that is disgraceful.

If you want the truth i would distance myself from these people. Had she had a serious accident, you probably would still get the blame for not calling an ambulance.

They dont sound like the nicest of people and if they were true friends they would have asked you what happened before jumping the gun.
    Get yourself some grown up friends.

Trinity1 wrote:
    How old are these people? That should be an ad for know your one too many.

I'm all for having a good girly nite and a laugh but that is disgraceful.

If you want the truth i would distance myself from these people. Had she had a serious accident, you probably would still get the blame for not calling an ambulance.

They dont sound like the nicest of people and if they were true friends they would have asked you what happened before jumping the gun.
    Get yourself some grown up friends.

they range from 19-25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Jebus, your friends sound like absolute idiots... Personally, i would have left long before you did. Fúck em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Well, now you know not to go drinking with a bunch of morons. Lesson for life learnt!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Shelli wrote:
    Not with a head injury, you did the right thing, tell the boyfriend and your friend to get lost, if they want money off anyone to get it off that Cat girl who fell, why the hell should you pay for some elses stupidity.
    Exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

And how much of thier night would have been ruined if one of them had of died,
    either from choking on thier own vomit or from bleeding out from a head wound or a brain clot.

Honestly if I were you I would have very little to have to do with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Your friends really need to hear both sides of the story before they go pointing fingers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

pepper wrote:
    they were so drunk-but they keep saying i should have let her be that she would have been ok
    Well, that's because they're stupid. Stop hanging around with them is my advice.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

pepper wrote:
    "What the HELL went on last night.You broke my TV-you HIT Cat and made her bleed and there was an ambulance here last night"You can pay for my ****ing telly and you can pay the ambulance bill"

Tell that silly bint to get bent.
    I'm all for having a drink myself, but that sort of drinking is just plain silly.
    Time to get some new friends cos this lot will be no loss at all.
    Originally Posted by pepper

As for this comment, alcohol poisoning can be a real issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

You definately did the right thing.

As long as you know yourself that you did the right thing, then feck the rest of them.

Seriously, its usually around this age that you realise who your friends are. These people you call friends dont seem to care alot, do they?

I would tell them all to fcuk off. Sorry but why would you hang around people like that who are more than willing to hang you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭carpenoctem

I just want to agree with everyone else, you DEFINITELY did the right thing. Head injuries can be VERY serious if left untreated. You could ask your so called friend how she would have liked finding this Cat girl half dead in her bath in the morning? Given, it may not have been that serious at all, or it might just have been.

As others have said, tell her that if anyone should pay the ambulance bill it's the girl who drank so much that she didn't even care that her head was bleeding. You could just as well just have left her bleeding, it was not your responsibility to take care of her because she didn't know when to stop drinking.

Let them be mad at you. Get yourself some new friends. You did the right thing, and if they can't appreaciate that, then they're not worth you worrying about them anymore.

Having said that, I do appreciate that it's not easy to ditch bad friends and find good friends, but I do hope you will cause there sure are many people out there who'd deserve a caring friend like you!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

pepper wrote:
    Anybody (probably even these idiots) would know that the likely hood of death from a head-injury increases when your drunk by some ridiculous amount (let's just call it infinity).

I'd say they're just looking to vent how they feel about their own stupidity somewhere, and because you're the only one who wasn't stupid, you're their natural choice.

Edit: Oh, and get new friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

And there's me thinking how silly that "know the one that's one too many" ad is..

Aboslutely nothing worse than girls drinking to excess. (Not saying there's anything good about when men do it, just seems like girls freak out more)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Aboslutely nothing worse than girls drinking to excess. (Not saying there's anything good about when men do it, just seems like girls freak out more)
    Sloppy drunks are sloppy drunks, no matter their gender.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Tell her an ambulance bill will be cheaper then a funeral one.

Then tell em to stick their bill where the sun dont shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

pepper wrote:
    Until Cat started on the vodka-She got BLADDERED!

When I came back in-Cat was lying on the floor bleeding-The girls said she had fallen and Slapped her head off the Tv.They were all laughing-Thought it was the best Craic ever-Cat was laughing too- Until she reliased she was bleeding-She went for me -accused me of making her bleed!!

When we were upstairs she couldnt even stand so I sat her on the toilet to clean the wound and looked under the sink for dettol!I heard a thud! I turned around and she was in the bath!I tried to get her out but she was no help- Laughing slurring "Ill sleep here"

At this stage I was getting really worried cos the back of her head was bleeding now and she was starting to drift off-Didnt want her having a concussion so I called the ambulance! They came-Got her out of the bath-I called her bf again-He answered this time-And after she was patched up and checked out he took her home!
    Firstly, tell them all to f*ck off. Secondly, tell Cat to get new friends, as next time when she hits her head of at TV, and blood starts gushing out of her head, they'll just point and laugh untill she die's.

As for the TV, etc, Cat hit the TV, thus Cat pays for the TV.

Mark it down as experience. Dump the entire lot, as if it was you that got hit on the head, you'd be dead right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

pepper wrote:
    I was at a party in my friends over the weekend
    Sorry but these people are not friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

Savman wrote:
    Sorry but these people are not friends.

i read the thread and thats exactly what i was going to add to it, but you bet me too it,

your being used

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

You did the right thing, the f*ckers are lucky they have a person like you about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Eh, your friends are morons to be honest. Most people end up kicking the heavy drinking after something bad happens on a night out, they have you to thank that it didn't happen to them that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'd demand an apology from all of them if i was you.

You did the right thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

No good deed goes unpunished, but there's no point being a glutton for it.

They're not being your friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭boomer_ie

Tell her an ambulance bill will be cheaper then a funeral one.

Then tell em to stick their bill where the sun dont shine.

What ambulance bill?

The ambulance service over here is free so there will be no bill, the only bill is that for the hospital which would be sent to the patient or paid there and then by the patient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

They charge for unnecessary callouts I think its something like 80 quid!

Advertisement