Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in North County Dublin are you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

LeoB wrote: »
    That great little place Rush. Born here and would not really move even though sometimes I would like to live try Italy or Canada, altough West Cork, South Kerry and the North West of Ireland are nice but if I had to pick 1 it would be Italy

If any of you had a choice where would you like to live or retire to?

Riva del Garda is the only place I have ever been, that I thought I could actually move to. Amazing part of the world.

I'm an uprooted southsider. In Balbriggan 6 years now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I'm from Donnycarney originally but living in Swords for almost 27 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

Malahide born and bred.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭briany

I can't believe no one has said Loughshinny but there you go.:rolleyes: Not the center of the universe as some people may have previously thought....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Malahide but I lived my first three years in Swords

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

Swords all my life till recently. Now between swords and wexford.

But.. how I dream of the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Malahide all my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 pocketfluff

I live like between swords and malahide. near waterside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Malahide and Dundalk:D

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

sssSSSSKKKKeRRRRiessssSSSSSSSSSSSSSs!!!!!!!!!!! [er ... yo!]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

2whit2who wrote: »
    sssSSSSKKKKeRRRRiessssSSSSSSSSSSSSSs!!!!!!!!!!! [er ... yo!]

I take it thats Skerries!!! Do ya know anyone in Skerries A.C. Thats Skerries Athletic Club. Got a few photos of Skerries Athletes competing in Raheny 5 mile race today and would like to pass the on.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Swords all my life, bar a brief few months in Cabra before I went scampering back to North County!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BollickyBill

A Swords man me. Does anyone remember the Forest rd. before Rivervalley? Or the Rathbeale Rd before Glassmore, Rathbeale Estate or before JC's when there was only a cottage behind the big hedge? The late Barney Lawless used to own a farm where Glen Ellan is now. Does anyone remember Pat and Sadie O Toole that owned the pub where the Lord Mayor's is now? The place has grown so big that it is losing or has lost it's identity as a town and has become just a suburb of Dublin. The only thing that divides Swords and Malahide now is the M1 motorway. There's nothing like a bit of nostalga.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Balbriggan born and bred :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Full_TiltKeith

Rush! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It seems we have a few new NCD posters here, so I thought that I'd sticky this so they can introduce themselves & check out other posters in the area.

HB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Rush

Balbriggan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I'm up in the schticks in Clonalvy.
    (Ssht it's Co. Meath...)

But I like to pretend to be a NorthDub - my garden is in Co. Dublin and I spend most time around the Naul, Ballyboughal and Balbriggan.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

sNarah wrote: »
    I'm up in the schticks in Clonalvy.
    (Ssht it's Co. Meath...)

But, but, but, but .... you live in Meath. :P Your accent gives you away. :D

Me, I live in Meakstown, D 11. We're a little pocket administered by Fingal Co Co, surrounded on 3 sides by DCC areas. Oh, I'm originally a Southsider, from Dun Laoghaire. Only moved 5 years ago.

I tend to do a fair bit of photography in the fingal area (for Sporting Fingal and some for Fingal Co. Co.).

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,637 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've already posted where I live (Milverton) earlier in the thread, but in the spirit of the recent post asking perhaps for some more background from contributors to the forum, here goes:

I was born in Yorkshire, many decades ago. I went to University in Manchester, and pretty much stayed there for over 25 years - the real reason for Manchester was it allowed me to follow United, and I still have a Season Ticket for Old Trafford, getting over as often as I can.

Work brought me and the family to Ireland around 4 years ago, and we settled in a fantastic part of the country - NCD.

You'll see from my other posts, that I'm now heavily into cycling, having taken up a racing career earlier this year (not that I've ever won anything!) - one of this year's objectives is to cycle 10,000 km, and I currently have just over 3,000 km to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

well i am a dublin boy born and bred. lived in coolock up until 4/5 years ago then moved to tipperary for work.i was there a year and in the course or that met the ol ball and chain.lived with her for a while when i came back from tipp. Then one sunny saturday afternoon we went for a drive out to rush.

i joked with her that we could probably buy a house out here.
    i was seriously joking.

but we ended up looking at houses that afternoon.

we had a deposit on the house monday morning , and the rest is history.

(biggest impulse buy of my life)

i like it here and if i had a choice would never move too far away from here .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Swords - for practically all 26 yrs of my life. Left for almost a year last year to live outside of the county. Moved back this year though and delighted I did. Swords really has developed so much and so well in the past decade.

Metro North will be a great asset too.

Hello everybody from Swords and the neighbouring towns in NCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

North County Dub born & bred. I'm living in a different town now to where I grew up and I love it.

Was made redundant last year and haven't been able to work since. I've become involved in a couple of things locally on a volunteer basis to try and stop toddler brain freeze (I've a nearly 2 year old).

I've met a few NCD boardsies through one of the organisations I volunteer with and a lovely bunch they are too. :D

I'm from Wexford! Only lived in Balbriggan these last 7 months after 10 years on the southside - Ranelagh, Rathmines, Clonskeagh, Shankill, Dalkey, etc.

Fish out of water. I feel surrounded by the Northsiders here.... *edges to the door...

I'm from Wexford! Only lived in Balbriggan these last 7 months after 10 years on the southside - Ranelagh, Rathmines, Clonskeagh, Shankill, Dalkey, etc.

Fish out of water. I feel surrounded by the Northsiders here.... *edges to the door...

NO POINT EDGING TOWARDS THE DOOR........ its locked. besides i think beasty is waiting behind it anyway!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,755 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I spent the first few years of my life in Stoneybatter, & then my family moved to Skerries in the early 70's. I moved to The Blackhills with Mrs Billy & the kids almost 6 years ago & I absolutely love it.

Work-wise I was in a similar situation to Eoineo for 5 months, but thankfully managed to pick up a job in Switzerland last year & I now commute between The Hills & The Alps. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Fish out of water. I feel surrounded by the Northsiders here...

I know exactly how you feel. You have my sympathy.

well....... if the northside is so bad........ what are you still doing here?:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Moved to skerries in the early 70`s,lived in bray for a year mid 80`s,balbriggan till 93,made the big move with wife and young kids to west cork.

Advertisement