Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the deal with Colm Meany?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭mickith

This is the deal with Colm Meaney

good auld Shey Muldoon and the chlan. you have got to love it.
    Colm Meaney= legend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Collie D wrote:
    Think every country with a small to medium sized film industry has one of those actors that pop up everywhere. See Gerard Depardieu

Too true. I'm in Finland - population 5,000,000, almost the same as Ireland, small film industry, same actors in almost every film.

see...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0249020/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭pvt. joker

I use to like him but i seen him on either the late late or turbidy a while back and he seems like a right stuck up cun--t now
    i see you're on a little hiatus from that other site :rofl:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

simu wrote:
    Boo if he thinks he's above that. I thought he wasn't bad at reprazentin the Oirish in the 24th century.
    Tis true!

It's his best role.
    Chief and Julain, ah, good times.
    I wonder what he got up to in the transporter room on the enterprise. All alone there.

Tis true!

It's his best role.
    Chief and Julain, ah, good times.
    I wonder what he got up to in the transporter room on the enterprise. All alone there.

probably rubbing one out to his memories of Andrea Corr (commitments and the boys and girl from county clare)

• Advertisement

F the six degrees of kevin bacon. you can probably do the 1 degree of colm meany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

pfft, all there is is Colm Meaney - the rest of us are just part of a holodeck program(me) he created.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Scraggs wrote:
    Whats the name of the guy who is in pretty much every Irish/English/Scottish movie and nearly every Irish TV drama I have seen [Maonlai maybe??] He's not really a bad actor or anything but he pisses me off to the last.. no idea why.

Edit: Its this fúcker Whats the fook is his name??

Check out no 4!
    Kingsize wrote:
    Irish Comedy movie = Colm meany Saying bollix
    Gritty Irish drama movie main character male = Brendan Gleeson being big & menacing & saying bollix
    Gritty Irish drama movie main character female = Ger Ryan doing her "whingey face"
    Everything else = Sean McGinley thanking Gleeson, Ryan & Meany for their cast offs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

scion wrote:
    lol @ Colm Meaney in a star trek uniform

Chief O'Brien

You know, having seen Colm in the likes of 'The Snapper' and 'The Van' and stuff like that over the years, I was never really able to take him seriously anytime I saw him in 'Star Trek'. Anytime I saw him I just expected him to suddenly break into a thick, Dub accent and start coming out with stuff like:

Captain Picard: "Bridge to Engineering. How soon before we can get the warp engines back online?"

Chief O' Brien (Meaney): "Ah, will ya hold your horses, ya baldy auld bollix! I'm working as fast as I can!"

Picard: "Wh... what did you just say, Chief O' Brien?"

O' Brien: "I said, hold yore bleeding horses, baldy conscience, I'm working as f**kin' fast as I can, right! Jaysus, there's always something with you, isn't there, ya auld bollix! Here I am, up to me knackers in some sort of glowing, radioactive shíte, busting me balls trying to get things working again and all I hear outta youse is, "Get the engines back online, Chief O' Brien." "Fix the photon torpedo launchers, Chief O' Brien." "Transport us back up to the ship, Chief O' Brien". There's never any f**kin' rest with you, is there?"

Picard: "Well I never! Chief O' Brien, I have never heard such.... such.... debase language in all my life! How dare you refer to me, your Captain, in such terms. Now I command you to get those warp engines back online this instant! We're like sitting ducks here at the moment and there's a Romulan warbird outside with their weapons fully charged and pointed right at us demanding we surrender or they will blow us to pieces!"

O' Brien: "Well then....... tell them to go f**k themselves, boss!"

So then, am I the only one who used to wait for a scene like that to happen in 'Star Trek'? ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

scion wrote:

Chief O'Brien

the man with the big head and the small face,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Chief O'Brien, bringing sexy back?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I use to like him but i seen him on either the late late or turbidy a while back and he seems like a right stuck up cun--t now
    It was last weeks late late show - he was the 'intruder' who called Kenny & Byrne an ársehole.
    Wonderful acting!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

pvt. joker wrote:
    probably rubbing one out to his memories of Andrea Corr (commitments and the boys and girl from county clare)
    Don't be silly that's what the holodeck is for.
    Best invention that is not invented, ever.

i need a holodeck, stat!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Karoma wrote:
    Yes. He's in every Irish film. Ever. In fact, it's a law.
    He dresses up as other people; he has different stage names; and is known to play the female parts as well as male, often at the exact same time.
    Thank you for asking; a signed pair of Meany Knickers are on the way to you.

Con Air [\shivers]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

scion wrote:

i'll never forget watching the first episode of DS9 and hearing him go "those bloody cardassians" in the same tone as taxi drivers would go on about foreign nationals!!

ahem, i am no longer a nerd tho.

Wasn't Colm Meany in The Quiet Man? He played the infant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Was he in F****d in Ireland? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Oh fug. I just lolled up a lung. =(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Posted by Tar Alderion:

Oh, you are SO right!
    Of course I'd be planting a web cam in there and blackmailing people and making millions. :)

• Advertisement

There once was a man called colm meaney
    who was in every irish film uve ever seen yeah!
    He dont give a feck,
    where he gets his pay check
    next film aladdin where he plays a paddy genie!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

i saw colmmeany in an antique shop off capel street.I presume it was his daughter that was with him as theyboth had identical,curly mullets.Like that bastard Guggi,his wife and ten kids all have the same glam rock haircut that he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

ha! You call that a Glam Rock Hairdo? More like an 80's style. Eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Thats the funniest thing I've seen in a long time pml!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Lust4Life wrote:
    ha! You call that a Glam Rock Hairdo? More like an 80's style. Eek!

I suppose you're right but i feel mention should be made of the extreme thinness on top of the haircut.Off topic for a second,anybody who says that Brian May out of queen has had the same haircut since the seventies is talking nonsense.If you compare his hair now with his hair in the seventies,anybody can see that todays style is slightly flatter on top.

Advertisement