Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CREATIVE Zen Vision:M 30 GB black - feedback?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,733 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I bought my Zen Vision M 30gb last May and its never let me down. I play it every night and on bus to/fro work. Class machine. I will inform ya of 2 things though:

However, there is one minor minor problem with mine. Its almost full to the brim (28gigs or so of music). If you select "view all tracks" on the player, it pauses for a long time then reverts back to the previous screen you were viewing. So, technically you dont get to see the "view all tracks" screen at all. I think the reason for this is if you leave the player idle it will revert to the previous screen (or if a song is playing it will go back to that song). A very small problem, but one none the less.

Secondly, if you are buying a charger for it - make sure you get it from Xtra Vision and not HMV, Golden Discs or Virgin. Its only 30quid in XV, as apposed to €40,€45 and €50 in other shops.

The Zen is well worth the money, as apposed to any form of iPods..Everyone of my mates that have one have had them brought back or fúcked on the ground with temper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've just ordered one of these :

Mains Charger

It cost about €16 all told, am I being ripped off :confused:

Oh, and just about the replacement I got, working like a dream and I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,733 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

seansouth wrote:
    It cost about €16 all told, am I being ripped off :confused:

No thats decent I think, I paid €30 for a travel pack with various plugs and a lead for speakers. I think 16 is about right, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

I've read all sorts of comments in various forums and can't get a straight answer anywhere.

Can somebody tell me if it's possible to record radio on the Zen Vision M?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

Yes it is. There was a firmware update that removed this functionality from ZV:M but its been updated - see the downloads section on www.europe.creative.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Trilla wrote:
    No thats decent I think, I paid €30 for a travel pack with various plugs and a lead for speakers. I think 16 is about right, well done
    OK, thanks.

My mate bought one of the Travel Adapters aswell, cost him €35, he nearly got sick when I showed him my order form for the charger from ebay.
    Clum wrote:
    I've read all sorts of comments in various forums and can't get a straight answer anywhere.

Can somebody tell me if it's possible to record radio on the Zen Vision M?

Thanks.
    The one I just bought has this functionality for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

Excellent.

There'll be a Vision M in my Christmas stocking and although I'm not a big radio listener 2fm are airing some great gigs from 2006 over Christmas. Hopefully I'll have mastered the devise on time...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I have this player and its been great. Im just wondering if anybody has any suggestions for speaker sets. been looking at some of the creative itrigue series and also the JBL Creature II. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

GBX wrote:
    I have this player and its been great. Im just wondering if anybody has any suggestions for speaker sets. been looking at some of the creative itrigue series and also the JBL Creature II. Any suggestions?
    These look pretty cool http://www.epizenter.net/news.php?item.226.2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

was going to start a thread on this actually,.....is there a quality differance between the m(compact) or the wide screen version........just wondering because there isn't much a price differance in the price between both and the screen seeems alot bigger on widescreen version(on the komplett site anyhow)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

what price do they charge in Irish stores for the Vision 30 anyway?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Here's the story

I eventually bought the creative vision m, seeing as their is so much positive press for this item

Can you use a psp charger that carries a 5volt charge, the same one you would find for the vision m, to power the vision m. I don't see a reason for no doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

el diablo wrote:
    what price do they charge in Irish stores for the Vision 30 anyway?

Creative changed their RRP to €289.99 so the majority of shops will be charging this. Though in saying that you will always find places that will either be cheaper or more than likely trying to make a few quid by upping the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Soundman wrote:
    Creative changed their RRP to €289.99 so the majority of shops will be charging this. Though in saying that you will always find places that will either be cheaper or more than likely trying to make a few quid by upping the price.
    ok, thanks. I might buy one....:D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Can you use a psp charger that carries a 5volt charge, the same one you would find for the vision m, to power the vision m

I brought up this point, and have discovered that when using the psp charger, the same voltage as the creative zen vision m, I can now charge my device from a wall.

Advertisement