Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bloc party have done it again! [A weekend in the city]

Options
  • 27-11-2006 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard the new album? Its excellent. Takes a few listens to get into and adjust to their new sound but I could nearly say its as good as Silent Alarm if not slightly better. They are using a different producer than SA and you can tell all throughout the album. I think the tracks 'The Prayer', 'On' and 'Uniform' pretty much sum up the sound of the album. 9/10 from me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Btw theres nothing in the charter against talking about an album that hasnt been released yet, if its a violation of any charter feel free to lock/delete thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

You can talk about it but just don't link to anywhere or mention anywhere where you can obtain it illegally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

When is the album released? Looking forward to that

Bloc Party suck..

Bloc Party suck..
    Thank you for your contribution. Is that why they got NME album of the year 2005 for Silent Alarm? http://rateyourmusic.com/list/John_K/nme_albums_of_the_year_2005/

Completely sold out every tour they have ever done since releasing Silent Alarm, including the upcoming 1 next year.. have their music used in game soundtracks, tv and movies? Have their album nominated for the mercury music award? Yep they must suck so!

• Advertisement

When is the album released? Looking forward to that
    Released officially the start of february, but there are other ways to acquire it which we won't discuss here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Whats the story with their drummer, didn't his lung collapse a few weeks ago? Are they getting a replacement for him or have they stopped touring until he's back to his best again?

Pighead reckons bottlerocket will be on pretty soon. The lads been looking forward to this album for ages!

Oh yeah, matt tong is his name it happened when they were touring with Panic! at the Disco, they cancelled the tour dates with Panic! tho, he should be alright in a couple of weeks though, hopefully in time for the Dublin gig in Feb..

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

Ah love bloc party. Album is tricky to get. hehe. Anyways love what I heard of it at Electric Picnic. They played 2 new songs at that. 'Uniform' was the better one. Their Whelans show was also great but they had nothing out but an EP and banquet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Love Bloc Party. Surely you can't have a final cut if it's not released until Feb? Hope the change isn't too drastic :S

• Advertisement

Im not sure if its the version that will be released. It was the one leaked on the internet from the studio. cant imagine the final release being any better tho! bp at their finest!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

So basically you posted this thread to let everyone know that you were able to "acquire" an album.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Cool i was looking forward to their new album but february is a long wait.
    How many albums have they released so far?

So basically you posted this thread to let everyone know that you were able to "acquire" an album.
    Errr dunno where you got that from. Anyone can go to a 'special' site and type in bloc party and download it, it's not very difficult. I posted here to give my opinion on the new album, because I love bloc party and didn't think they could release a follow-up album to Silent Alarm that was this good. Thanks for your input though, very useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭bottlerocket

Pighead, you're an oracle! (Though only in your knowledge of my love of Bloc Party, as a quick trip to the gambling forum will soon confirm)

Anyways, on first impressions, the album is brilliant. A little more... subtle maybe?... in parts than silent alarm but no worse for that. Early faves are Song for Clay, Waiting for the 7.18, Sunday and Uniform. Hope they leave the mix as it is. Delighted is all I can say, as good as I hoped for.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Lorax wrote:
    Thank you for your contribution. Is that why they got NME album of the year 2005 for Silent Alarm? http://rateyourmusic.com/list/John_K/nme_albums_of_the_year_2005/

as much as i like bloc party, this isn't something to be proud off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Lorax wrote:

Completely sold out every tour they have ever done since releasing Silent Alarm, including the upcoming 1 next year.. have their music used in game soundtracks, tv and movies? Have their album nominated for the mercury music award? Yep they must suck so!

hitler had a lot of supporters in his day too...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Lorax wrote:
    Completely sold out every tour they have ever done since releasing Silent Alarm, including the upcoming 1 next year.. have their music used in game soundtracks, tv and movies?

Good marketing.

I'm sure Britney has similar claims to fame.

No Discussion Of Mcd Please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I love Bloc Party! I haven't heard any of their new album yet but I'm going to see them in the new year. Can't wait!

• Advertisement

How did u get tickets? They are like gold dust. There isnt even the option to travel to another county or the UK to see them because the tour is completely sold out.

Can I refer you to my "No MCD" post on the first page of this thread. If you're going away to see them fine, but I'd rather you didn't discuss live events at all here.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Can't wait to hear this. The album artwork is cool...

http://www.blocparty.com/news.php?newsID=215

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I love the song "The Prayer", you can listen to it at www.myspace.com/blocparty great backing vocals

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

That Crash Test Dummies influence is beginning to shine through...

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Cant wait for it, the track on Myspace sounds really good

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭catching_streams

Nothing fantastic. Hunting for witches is the only track worth talking about.

Nothing fantastic. Hunting for witches is the only track worth talking about.

yup it's the most standout track.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Tracks from the album (Song for Clay) are already been used on numerous TV adverts. How does this happen? Have Sky downloaded the album on the sly?

• Advertisement

i'm they can get in contact with the record company as do all tv companies when they want to use a song in the ad. they just don't download an mp3 or use a CD one of the workers bought as you still need rights to use it.

also i've stopped listening to the download as the audio is all over the place it makes my ears hurt.

Advertisement