Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden it be Lovely

Options
  • 25-11-2006 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭

Inspired by tonights storming of the stage on the Late Late show (see other threads) I pondered on the amount of clangers commited by one of Ireland's 'top entertainers:rolleyes: ' Pat Kenny. Obviously tonight, someone had enough and had to finally say what they really thought of him.

Memories come to mind of Pat mistaking an angry male caller to the show for a woman when he (/she!) was ringing up to tell Johnny Knoxville what he (/she) thought of him.

And lets not forget his words to the newly married Mrs. Daniel O'Donnell when the subject of divorce came up in another part of the show: "Don't hold your breath Majella eh?"

So, if you have any funny memories to share of Pat on TV or radio, please post them here!!!!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Memories come to mind of Pat mistaking an angry male caller to the show for a woman when he (/she!) was ringing up to tell Johnny Knoxville what he (/she) thought of him.

lol

"Well I'm supposed to be man"

Chris Pontius(I think): "What do you mean you're supposed to be a man?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

lol

yes, I believe the man replied that he was 'all man' and had 'all the faculties to prove it'. Johnny Knoxville and Steve-O were pissin' themselves.

Pat then went on to ask how they were perceived with the 'Japs':eek:

When they looked shocked he said, 'you know what I mean, they're the japs, we're the paddys, you're the yanks'

CLASSIC!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Obviously tonight, someone had enough and had to finally say what they really thought of him.

I don't care for Kenny but to be fair that guy tonight seemed pretty drunk to me, he'd have probably said the same thing to anyone.

I don't care for Kenny but to be fair that guy tonight seemed pretty drunk to me, he'd have probably said the same thing to anyone.

I don't think so. Yes he was drunk but it was coming for a long time. Anyway, this thread is about past incidents, not tonight. I only mentioned tonight because that's what made me post it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

His interview with Brigette Nielsen, who was also a bit "under the weather". he found her hard to control that night. That was funny. He didn't know what to do.

• Advertisement

Lunging in for a kiss with Mariah Carey was also hard to look directly at. He made her stand up and then lunged in nearly toppling her over :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Well, recently, I was really annoyed by his interview with Oliver Stone. Regardless of what anyone thinks of his opinions, Stone is very intelligent and articulate and can be an excellent interviewee but Pat just asked him all the same dumb generic questions and Stone seemed bored. I got the impression Pat was trying to get Stone to say something controversial but he wasn't biting. Terrible waste of an interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

what about the time when he was on stage with dawn french at a fashion show in the point and he said to her 'dawn ill pay you 10 grand not to get out of bed'.
    she looked very embarrased

I remember that, and if I recall, he said it to her hubbie, Lenny Henry, while she was strutting her stuff. He was none to impressed!

It's all coming back to me know as I recall him introducing a member of Atomic Kitten as the girl who advocates promiscuous sex when she was doing a safe sex campaign for teenagers. She was none to impressed either:rolleyes:

I got the impression Pat was trying to get Stone to say something controversial but he wasn't biting. Terrible waste of an interview.

many of his interviews go like this. A recent one with Bob Geldof was painful !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Pat Kenny was the ultimate professional last night when that idiot decided to interrupt

i am amazed how people keep going back to watch him when he is that ****

Ultimate professional? What else could he have done? He just said 'thank you, thank you' over and over, saved by the cutting to an ad break. I wouldn't say any presenter, professional or otherwise, would have acted any differently.
    This thread is about him being unprofessional on other occasions anyway!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Pat's crowning glory, playing the non-radio safe version of The Beautiful South's "Don't Marry Her" for it's full lenght on morning time Radio 1, and then trying to apologise afterwards..

That's right, class!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

how about his appaling interview with dazza clarke
    when talking about how they struggled this year with his wifes illness which eventually cost her her life pat interrupts with
    "and then it was all over" nice and sensistive pat, jesus if his wife died he wouldn't like someone to say "and then she was over".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Pat has no emotional intelligence whatsoever. He just can't do the whole 'touching human interest' story or connect with people in a jovial/ casual way. Instead, he lurches his way through interviews.

here's a youtube clip

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Excellent! If anyone knows who that man was, please buy him a drink for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

I really should start watching this program. That clip of the chap walking on is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,801 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I remember the lads from Jackass kept calling his "Kenny" and not "Pat".. obviously more familar with the South Park character than the name Patrick! :D

Tragically for Pat, being heckled by a drunk is probably the most entertain piece of TV he's been involved in. It's probably the highlight of his career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,801 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh and what about the "is it true Gavin Henson goes into Church after every game?" bit?

Classic Plank!

Burk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Frankly Kenny isn't a very good presenter I think he should be replaced by Turbridy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that almost looks like you said Tubridy was good :eek:

I think Tubridy is good! He knows how to interview people and has a sense of humour!!!:D

Yeah where's all the Tubridy hated come from? I haven't watched it in a while but Tubridy Tonight is quite good, much better than the Late Late (which doesn't say much I know). I can understand the dislike for his radio show however but I think RTE and the producers are more to blame for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

basquille wrote:
    Oh and what about the "is it true Gavin Henson goes into Church after every game?" bit?

Classic Plank!

That was a classic. Plus he said it twice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Yeah and Des was like "Er, ummm (long silence), I think you’ve been had there Pat, and missed the significance of that one ...". Jesus Pat is a dumb fúck!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

basquille wrote:

Classic Plank!

That was classic alright :D

Here it is http://www.daraghmcg.org/wp-content/pat.mp3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Should not thread subject "Wooden it be Lovely" be spelled "Wouldn't it be Lovely"?

Advertisement