Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Dell Computer Comments Please?

2»

Comments

• Yes I just said it shorter. :D

What can I say, I'm a detail-oriented person :)

• Thats why the Dell is cheaper and self build more expensive. You pay for what you get etc.

my last self build was the same price/spec of the dell that I was looking at but I got a machine more suited to my needs. plus I could adapt or cusomtise it to suit my needs as time goes on.

I bought a dell dimension 5150 about 2 month ago and have found the build quality to be below par to be honest. panels rattle and vibrate. silly plastic clips for mounting internal devices. when the fan ramps up its too loud. the list goes on.

to be honest if your looking for business machines go with Dell (there support is good in this market) but if its just for yourself get a mate to help you build one.

• BrianjG wrote:
    my last self build was the same price/spec of the dell that I was looking at but I got a machine more suited to my needs. plus I could adapt or cusomtise it to suit my needs as time goes on. ...

A Dell machine should be cheaper. If its not you've paid too much for it.

• A Dell computer should be less expensive. If it isn't, you have overpaid for it.

Advertisement