Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange girl asking me to go for a drink!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

Couple of years ago an auld one seemed to chat me up in Tecos. Started admiring what i had bought and then said that i smelt nice, said she loved going to the cinema and asked if i had a girlfriend.

Wonder if she had a daughter....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,016 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Couple of years ago an auld one seemed to chat me up in Tecos. Started admiring what i had bought and then said that i smelt nice, said she loved going to the cinema and asked if i had a girlfriend.

Wonder if she had a daughter....

You sure that wasnt your ma?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

deswalsh wrote:
    You sure that wasnt your ma?

:D

Nah.

His ma was busy chatting me up at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

ferdi wrote:
    why are the ones who come on to me always insane?

You may have just answered your own question there.
    Irish girl came up to me in a nightclub and askd me for a drink.
    Strange! That doesn't sound like the kind of thing an Irish woman would say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Could have been a psychology student carrying out a social experiment, could have been an underworld prostitution gang, could have been an attempted mugging, could have just been lonely or simply a nutjob.

She could have been anyone, and more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Nah...I've met girls who go out with little amounts of money, then come on to blokes so they will buy them drinks. Then **** off or whatever at the end of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Yes, the girls behaviour is a little out of the ordinary, but assuming she was part of some criminal gang is a bit sad I think.

Finally some sense spoken

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Sp@rtacus

Who are you going to believe, the Gardai or someone on Boards.ie who reckons the three men who walked past him were pimps, and reckons the girl was a prostitute, when all he actually knows is that the girl was scared and a bit deranged?? He has jumped to a lot of conclusions!

And just what, exactly, have you founded your assumptions upon Aoife? My assumptions?:rolleyes: The irony and utter hypocrisy of that is, doubtless, lost on you.

Anyway, in my opinion, when someone makes an explicit and unsolicited offer to go home with you and then gives you a price for se_x, I would not believe it to be too fantastic a leap of imagination to assume that person is indeed a prost|tute. When those series of events are then copper-fastened by 3 meatheads, who are totally out of context to the social setting you are in, locking eyes with you and behaving in a passively aggressive, intimidating fashion, I would also believe it to be fair enough to assume they may in fact be handlers for the afore mentioned prostitute.

If you prefer to believe that all se_x workers are happy, healthy and filthy rich, then thats your prerogative to enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The OP was right to avoid her. I reckon there's a better chance of winning the lotto then this actually being a genuine booty call without any strings attached.......ie paying for it with either cash or broken bones or if he's really lucky, both!!

Would it be different if someone came up to him in a club and did the same? For sure.........one would assume that both parties would've consumed alot of alcohol and each of them would find it more acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭newestUser

Jesus people. Relax! I didn't want to start any arguments! I wasn't asking what I should/shouldn't have done, I was perfectly happy to just leave the poor girl be! Granted it would have been a better story if I'd gone for a drink and seen what her game was. I'd had a few jars on me, my judgement wasn't all it could have been, so I played it safe instead of doing something which probably would have been an interesting story to tell people, but which potentially could have led to trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ferdi wrote:
    i've had a girl outside crawdaddy ask me if i wanted to go back to her appartment nearby for a drink, turned out she was a loonie. why are the ones who come on to me always insane?
    orla wrote:
    Guys do that to me, does that mean their loonies aswell?
    you missed the point hon'.

this girl was actually crazy, a real bunny boiler, started crying and stuff, not cool, had to get the flok outta there.
    ferdi wrote:
    why are the ones who come on to me always insane?
    Pigman II wrote:
    You may have just answered your own question there.
    jesus your on the ball, arnt ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

ferdi wrote:
    jesus your on the ball, arnt ye
    yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Mossy Monk wrote:
    and how the **** do you know what she was?
    How do YOU know what she was?? He doesnt know, and neither do you, thats the whole point.

rb_ie wrote:
    How do you know she didn't have some evil plan?Do you know the girl?
    Theres posters who have already said they've encountered similar behaviour which ended up badly, what the hell makes you think this lunatic standing at a street corner asking random guys who passed her to go for a drink, is any different?

This entire post is completely ridiculas. "How do you know she didnt have some evil plan?" - How do you know she DID have an evil plan??
    Do you really go around assuming anyone that talks to you must have an "evil plan" and the onus is on them then to prove to you that they don't?!
    Get a grip!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

connundrum wrote:
    If we were in America it'd be acceptable to do this.. wouldn't it? (done tell me that all the movies have been lying to me :( )

Not when the person is asking anyone and everyone that goes by, no.

Advertisement