Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kramer's loses it at crowd

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Archeron

I agree. Asshole.

Never liked him anyway, always found him a tad too creepy to be funny in Seinfeld.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

What did he say? No sound in office...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Wow, I really am surprised that no one went up and kicked his a$$, mainly because he was so persistant with it - repeating it again and again.

Wow, again. :(
    xzanti wrote:

A black guy in the audience apparently disturbed him, and he just started callin him 'wigger wigger wigger' (except not wigger obviously). He also said '50 years ago we woulda had you upsidedown with a fork up your *&%!'

He deserved an a$$ whuppin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

/me thinks he will have to spend a long time, if not the rest of his life, in hiding. Don't think an outburst like that is excusable, tollerable, spinnable, forgiveable, and many other *ables!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

He handled it poorly to say the least... not funny, not clever and he really had nowhere to go once he dug the hole. :rolleyes:
    tbh if you can't turn the tables on a heckler and entertain the rest of the audience in the process, then you're not much of a standup comedian.
    Makes me wonder how bad the rest of the show was tbh.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

connundrum wrote:
    Wow, I really am surprised that no one went up and kicked his a$$, mainly because he was so persistant with it - repeating it again and again.

Wow, again. :(

A black guy in the audience apparently disturbed him, and he just started callin him 'wigger wigger wigger' (except not wigger obviously). He also said '50 years ago we woulda had you upsidedown with a fork up your *&%!'

He deserved an a$$ whuppin.

Idiot :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

http://spadowski.ytmnd.com/

Absolute genius! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

Lol Karl :)

Here is apologising on The Letterman show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvXU9p-o3k0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

poor old Mike, can't wriggle out of this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Ho-Hum wrote:
    Lol Karl :)

Here is apologising on The Letterman show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvXU9p-o3k0

Here's a longer version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrg3d8_HoUU

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

xzanti wrote:
    xzanti, there are subtitles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

WTF is up with celebs going all KKK in public these days. You can't turn around without a celeb saying something racist or bigoted in public as if we were in the 1950s.

How dumb are celebraties? What world do they live in?

Was the "he's a n1gger" comment supposed to be some kinda reference to Chris Rocks "I hate n1ggers" joke? Are we supposed to think Mike is down with da getto?

At the same time I hate ignorant f**kers who talk through shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

http://spadowski.ytmnd.com/

Absolute genius! :D

Ha. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

He has apologised, it should be left at that.

He certainly reacted badly and the "50 years ago.." comment was certainly extreme, but I should hope that people aren't going to get caught up on his use of the n-word when we have black people on tv using it (in both fraternal and attacking/vicious ways) day in day out. Its a case of double standards, and if this word and its use is to be condemned/prohibited then it should be wrong for EVERYONE (of every race) to use it.
    Wicknight wrote:
    Was the "he's a n1gger" comment supposed to be some kinda reference to Chris Rocks "I hate n1ggers" joke? Are we supposed to think Mike is down with da getto?

In fairness, I thought it was fairly obvious what his usage of the word was implying, especially when it was "Hes a n1gger, get his ass out". Purely derogatory in manner and said in apparent extreme anger. A scathing racist attack nonetheless but again, he has apologised so I reckon it's best to put it in the past where it belongs though I'm sure this will have dramatic consequences on his career.

Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I think he was trying to do a Bill Hicks, and it all went horribly, horribly wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Unbelievable :(

I'm a huge Seinfeld fan, especially Kramer, but never really liked him outside of character

(although he did some hilarious skits on SNL and Fridays pre-Seinfeld).

If u watch some of the extras on the Seinfeld dvds he comes across as overly intense and serious for a comedy actor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nothing is more serious than comedy.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

hahah thats brilliant, someone really went to a lot of bother on that track

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

That's just unforgivable tbh, and it just really shows how much of an unprofessional idiot he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

rb_ie wrote:
    but I should hope that people aren't going to get caught up on his use of the n-word when we have black people on tv using it (in both fraternal and attacking/vicious ways) day in day out. Its a case of double standards, and if this word and its use is to be condemned/prohibited then it should be wrong for EVERYONE (of every race) to use it.
    Exactly. That's the thing that I don't get about the use of the "N" word. It's either a bad word or it's not, regardless of whoever uses it. I don't accept the stance that some black people take with regards to using it. Saying that by them using the word among themselves that they have somehow recaptured them word.

IMO if you think that it's only ok for some to use a word well then you're only perpetuating the notion that we are in somehow different from each other.

Anyway, I think KKKramer was trying to be all clever in a Bill Hicks/Chris Rock type way, as some other posters have said, and it just backfired on him catastrophically.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

BaZmO* wrote:
    Anyway, I think KKKramer was trying to be all clever in a Bill Hicks/Chris Rock type way, and some other posters have said, and it just backfired on him catastrophically.

...because he wasn't funny. I'm sure if Bill Hicks just started shouting racial slurs at hecklers he would treated the same way, but he coats his nonPC jokes in a sense of sarcasm and wit, which makes you overlook it. I've made Hitler jokes to some of my german and austrian friends and they've laughed at them, like they would make the stereotype of the drunk irishman, but if I just started shouting slurs about their countries history in anger, the mood would change almost immediately.

Never really liked the guy anyway, he was always the creepy weirdo who Seinfeld played off of. But like was said, he apologised, so we can leave him to his own regrets now, which i'm sure he has many.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

L31mr0d wrote:
    ...because he wasn't funny.
    Yeah I know, that's why I said he was "trying" to be like Hicks and Rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I heard about it first, then checked it out - man he really lost it didn't he! There's ways and means of responding to hecklers. I've seen it done so well in the past and the comedian gains so much respect for it too! When I saw the clip, it was almost like he had some kind of breakdown or something. In his apology on Letterman, he never said he wasn't racist either, it was almost as if he was acknowledging some innate racism inside him that was just 'there'. He didn't know why it was there, but was questioning why it was in him and others in the world. What he said was awful, and he looked truly ashamed on Letterman, but more ashamed that it is a latent feeling that he can't explain than sorry for abusing them.

I notice too that the black guys started calling him 'cracker' in response. I wonder if there was a black comedian on stage and called a white heckler 'cracker' from the stage and they responded with the 'N' word from the audience who would come off the worse...any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATWTKhmNWBU&NR

Here's the two guys talking about it. They seem to be pretty sound to be honest, but my whole issue is they seem to be suing him?

In all fairness, when i was in New York i had a group of locals call me a "cracker"....should i have sued them? I understand the guys are pissed off but come on, if there is a possible prosecution for the guy then so be it, but I don't think they are entitled to any cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

That was out of line. Tell me this, if you switched Michael Richards with Chris Rock or Martin Lawrence would this event even be reported. Racism slang needs to be stopped on both sides. If its unacceptable for a white to call a black a "n*****" it should also be unacceptable for a black to call another black a "n*****".

Advertisement