Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ryanair and photo i.d

Options
  • 20-11-2006 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

hi,
    im flying to london for the day this thursday but my passport is out of date.theres no way i could get to the passport office or afford a new one and haven't much time.i rang ryanair and they said a driving licence but ain't got one yet.is a student travel card any good?or would they notice my expired passport flying to london for the day it expired in sept...thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

you might be let off, depends on who you get at the desk. I got through once with an expired provisional license. It was out of date by a year!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

sarah lk wrote:
    hi,
    im flying to london for the day this thursday but my passport is out of date.theres no way i could get to the passport office or afford a new one and haven't much time.i rang ryanair and they said a driving licence but ain't got one yet.is a student travel card any good?or would they notice my expired passport flying to london for the day it expired in sept...thanks

TBH, I wouldn't chance it! You may get through from here but you could well be stopped on the return journey, causing you alot of serious grief and extra cost if they delay you and you then need to book another flight. I've heard of this happening to a few close friends. One guy had to get the train and then a ferry as they outright refused to let him fly!! Your call but I'd be saying no... Sorry!:(

p.s.
    Student cards aren't worth sh1t in this case as they could be fake..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sarah, how many times do you need to post this? I moved your thread to Travel/Holidays before. --->Here<---

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement