Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going thin on top

Options
  • 15-11-2006 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Im not sure where the original post went. Anyway, I think Ive found the proper forum I want to ask in now.

Ive been going a bit, well, Kojak like for awhile now and I was wondering if anyone has experienced positive results from the many many clinics now on offer both here and the UK?

Also:

Does Regaine do any good or is it just a con?

All feedback appreciated. I like and want to keep my hair

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Im not sure where the original post went.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055015617

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Some guys look better with more hair, other look better with less. The lead male actor in "Transporter" and "Transporter II" looks better with less I think. Saw him in another film with more hair and it was not becoming at all. Just a thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'I started loosing my hair at a fairly young age. Tried regaine/rogaine with no real results. All you'll get is a downy fuzz on top of your head which is not enough to cover any balding parts.

Unfortunately, male pattern baldness cannot yet be cured or effectively treated. A lot of the so-called 'treatments" are quack cures.

All I can recommend is cut your hair short or go for the shaved look now so that the hair loss becomes less noticable'

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'Whatever you don't fall prey to the 1001 chancers out there who will promise all kinds of cures. There are none. Male pattern baldness is a fact of life and those chancers who say otherwise know it.

Some of the cosmetic fixes for baldness are ridiculous and actually make the individual stick out light a lightouse.

If your general health is good there is nothing to worry about. If you have any medical concerns about it one consultation with your GP should sort that aspect of matters out.'

Advertisement