Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paternity

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

My parents have blue eyes and i have green eyes which in simplistic terms isn't meant to happen but i am defiantly their child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

All of my family have blue eyes, My sisters husband and his family have blue eyes but their son has brown eyes. AFAIK someone somewhere in her husbands family has brown eyes but not in the immediately family. There is no question of paternity there. He's the spit of his dad except for the eyes.

I have brown hair, my husband is blonde and our daughter has flaming red hair. We didn't find out til she was 3 months old that my husbands grandfather (mother's father) had the same colour of hair. The man died in the 1950's, my hubbies mother is dead and his father had only ever seen black and white pics of him!

We tend to presume that a baby will be some kind of combination (in physical features and personality)of the mother and father. It amazes me how many other people are actually involved, people you've never even met! I think it's just lovely that my wee girl has inherited her great grandfathers hair colour while no one else in his direct line of descendants has. She's also inherited his melodeon (sp?) and I hope she inherits some of his talent too!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'd imagine its alot like hair colour. My parents both had coal black hair, but their second child was as ginger as anything. Alot of my fathers uncles and stuff had red hair and its carried through.

My oldest brother has jet black hair, hes engaged to a sandy coloured/blonde woman, their second child is ginger.

Man im not having a second kid if he or she is going to be ginger :P

Advertisement