Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buddhist centres

Options
  • 09-11-2006 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Anyone know any good places in Dublin you can go to learn about meditation and buddhism?

i was looking for one earlier this year and found one, but they charged something like 90 euros for a 4 week course

ive heard theres another which only charges 5 euro per class but i could never find it (think its near wexford street)

any other advice for someone starting out as a buddhist would also be welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭maitri

Hi Icarian!:)

Maybe you'll find something in the links in this thread? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055006238
    I don't know about charges, but you could perhaps email them and ask about that?

As for advices, I think I'll leave that for those who are older and wiser than me (and who are actually buddhists!;) ) Only advice I can give is: follow your own heart and your own "nose".

But here's a thread with some reading-suggestions, if you should be interested:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054999070

Right now I myself have been reading a book by Osho which I found really helpful, but I am not sure whether he can be called a "buddhist".

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

thanks man! i think its the Tara buddhist centre that i was looking for

i'll definitely check out some of those books when i get a bit of free time too!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭bou

There is a centre at 12 Wicklow Street which runs an introductory course on Mondays, 7-9pm. The centre follows a Nyingma/Dzogchen tradition of Tibetan Buddhism and, in particular, of the teacher Sogyal Rinpoche. See www.rigpa.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

that sounds great, thanks Bou!

i finish college n ucd at 6 on monday, so i dont know if i can get in time though

do you know how much it costs?

Advertisement