Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-social Sister - Please Help before she Kills herself!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Just to add to the moving out advice. This could also be very beneficial to your sister getting back on the straight and narrow. When you move out it may be easier for you and her to have a better relationship. You won't be another person annoying her at home (as she sees it anyway) and you won't be around her all the time feeling as bad as you do now. There's also the added bonus of your sister having a place to go if she needs to get out of the house for a while. This way both yourself and your parents would know exactly where she is and what she's doing.

She probably feels completely alone right now. If you can (not right away, obviously) develop a friendship with her then you can become one less person that she thinks is against her and possibly someone that she can open up to and gain proper support from.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SmoothyG

i have lots of bad news in my family so i can relate,
    After fighting with them for years I opted to stay close enough to catch them when they fall and never to pass judgment,

after a yaer or so i earned the repesct by showing i cared unconditionally to have some input to the situations and slowly became in a position of confidance,

when my sis fuked up she would come to me first for help. I eventually got her and a cousin into coucelling and things have been getting better since, its a long road though and my heart goes out to you. but be strong and be there for her

Advertisement