Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new Poem about Loosers on the Creative Writing Forum

Options
  • 27-10-2006 5:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

Hi

As a long posting member on board.ie in many forums over 3 years, I am not an ad pimper. i this was my 1st ever post I would see your point, but this is not the case.

I recently have written a book....writing a book = creative writing..be it fact or fiction.

I post it on here, to get some encouragment or feedback from other potential writers. in hope of interacting with people to improve my skills ..yet I get slagged and my thread closed. and accused of advertising....listen I do not need the money...plus my signature is not in breach of boards rules.

with the exception of one nice person, who PM'ed me andwished me well...thank you. :)

Obviously I am not welcome on here.

I have to say, to be allowed to post on Creative Wiriting , is it just for some D4 tosser rich kids, who dropped out of Trinity, dose not work, and writes useless poems on the back of cigarette paper, when their not rolling joints of course. and showers once a month.

Or cannot one, as in me who has actually gone an Creatively Wrote A Fookin book, not post on here about it?

Or is this just a forum for Brendan Behan want to be's, whose writings would be more useful for wiping ones arsehole, than anything else.

Pure, typical Irish Begrudgery.

The only writing done around here seems to be the slaggin off of those who have actually published something.

To join your ilk I shall write a poem! so this is more creative wiriting. and of you say it is not, I will go to my solicitor to fight any ban from this forum and take legal action against the mods.

when you read this, imagine it being read in one of the most annoying whinging D4., South Dublin accents....

" My Name is Ronan and I am a Tosser
    Dads a barrister, thinks I am a Dosser
    I draw the dole and lie about all day
    I want to come out of the closet so I can get laided

I tried Trinity College at Night
    but the professor was ****e
    I sit in O Neills Lounge
    The only beer I get is what I can scrounge

My moping face would make paddy casey look happy
    In reality I am so childish I could be wearing a nappy
    What I wirte must be pure ****e
    because everyone wanst to wipe their hole with my work
    I am a looser, a looser , a looser, I am a sack of ****
    as well as an annoying fooking tit"

Copright Gerry Nolan 27 Oct 2006

so put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Now that I have written a poem, can I join your elitist forum.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Millionaire

before posting read here... Sticky from the forum/.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=116956

I wrote a book www.robbinsbio.com this sticky says if you are writing or posting about a book you wrote you post on this forum.

I do this...and I get slagged off for advertising and my thread locked?

So your own rules do not apply when it suits you...is that the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

interesting ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

When are you writing the poem about TIGHTER?

Geddit, LOOSER TIGHTER.? :D

I will and in a new Stanza about Tighter soon.

see the plot thicks....

When LOOSER comes out of the closet, he will be shouting " TIGHTER TIGHTER TIGHTER OHHH TIGHTER"

Hell, we could write a screen play on this, and it is published!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

I will and in a new Stanza about Tighter soon.

see the plot thicks....

When LOOSER comes out of the closet, he will be shouting " TIGHTER TIGHTER TIGHTER OHHH TIGHTER"

Hell, we could write a screen play on this, and it is published!!!!

Too much Singha methinks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭muesli_offire

I see those motivational tapes have done you the world of good.

I see those motivational tapes have done you the world of good.

Yeah they sure have.... I am making over 1000 euro a month profit from my book which is only an E book. though I have an international publisher I am talking to who is going to get it out in print world wide, when I add a little more to the E Book version,

Plus I have 2 other books on 2 very different topics, I am experienced in, and same format applied E Book, and publisher will also take them on.

I only started writing for real this year, before I did some articles for web sites, nothing major.

Bottom line...I am now a writer who is making money from creative writing and 2 more books to follow within next 6 months, that will be going print soon after.

So yeah...the tapes did help me big time.... project to make 50 - 100K euro part time by end of 2007 from the books, and up sell to other affilates.

Plus I still got me 9 - 5 business to work at!

So yeah....this time last year I had 2 or 3 articles to my name....now not even a year later I am a semi professional writer, making a min of 1000 euro a month, which is great! :), and thats money is going to get more and more, which is even better!

See.. here's the thing.

To actually read your book you have to purchase it, right? So.. you are basically advertising your book.

Whereas, and here's the clincher, the majority of people that post in this are doing it for free, without any sort of purchasing required. Hell, I couldn't find anything about reading the actual book itself on your website. You can prove me wrong by pointing it out to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Y'know, you could have PM'd me, set the record straight in a polite and mature fashion, and this thread would never have been created. I suggest that if this sort of thing happens you again on any forum, you do just that.

Anyway...
    I recently have written a book....writing a book = creative writing..be it fact or fiction.
    I post it on here, to get some encouragment or feedback from other potential writers. in hope of interacting with people to improve my skills ..yet I get slagged and my thread closed. and accused of advertising
    How do you expect feedback on writing that can't be read? Your link is an advertising page. Perhaps you really did mean well, but I delete forty or fifty similar items from my spam inbox on a daily basis, and that looks no different. If you want to improve your skills, surely it might be a good idea to post up something displaying your current skill? Looking for feedback on writing that has to be purchased first is not exactly what was in mind when this forum was created.
    ....listen I do not need the money...plus my signature is not in breach of boards rules.
    Hooray, you're rich. Now show me where I said your sig was in breach of the rules.
    Obviously I am not welcome on here.
    You're perfectly welcome here. Please, feel perfectly free to post up something from the book so that people can read it and critique it.
    I have to say, to be allowed to post on Creative Wiriting , is it just for some D4 tosser rich kids, who dropped out of Trinity, dose not work, and writes useless poems on the back of cigarette paper, when their not rolling joints of course. and showers once a month.

Oh, bother, you were doing really well up until here. Insults are not a good thing to resort to, surely you know that. You don't get successful by flinging muck at people you wanted to impress.
    Or cannot one, as in me who has actually gone an Creatively Wrote A Fookin book, not post on here about it?

Sure you can. Just don't advertise it so blatantly.
    Or is this just a forum for Brendan Behan want to be's, whose writings would be more useful for wiping ones arsehole, than anything else.

Again, was that totally necessary? You're not doing yourself any favours with this approach.
    Pure, typical Irish Begrudgery.

Yup. Totally. God forbid I might have been trying to do my job. GOD FORBID.
    The only writing done around here seems to be the slaggin off of those who have actually published something.
    Here's a complete summary of what went through my head from when I saw your first thread to when I locked it:

-Hmm. Doesn't include any excerpts. Better check the link.

-I wonder if I should wash my hair tonight, or will it be ok til tomorrow?

-Hmm. This link looks like it belongs in a spam box. Dodgy spelling, labels promising 100% Guarenteed Success, why, it reads just like those get-rich-quick schemes I used to always get when I had a Hotmail account.

-Right. There's nothing from the book on that page, only advertising. The link is in his signiature, that's enough for anyone. If he wants to discuss the book and provide examples for other posters, that's great, but I'm locking this thread like I usually do with blatant advertising. If there's a problem, well, that's what private messages are for.

*CLICK*

-Gosh, it's good to have heating oil again. The house is so warm...

Kindly notice the lack of thoughts such as "ZOMG hes PUBLISHED! MUST DESTROY!"

You're welcome to talk about the book, if you give the rest of us something to work with. If you want to advertise it on Boards outside your sig, cough up some cash.
    To join your ilk I shall write a poem! so this is more creative wiriting. and of you say it is not, I will go to my solicitor to fight any ban from this forum and take legal action against the mods.

when you read this, imagine it being read in one of the most annoying whinging D4., South Dublin accents....

<some sort of poem follows>

Now you're just getting silly...
    so put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    Now that I have written a poem, can I join your elitist forum.

You were always welcome. Don't advertise so blatantly, and don't throw any more insults around. Now, if you really want to continue this, please PM me so we can keep this forum clear.

Everyone else, feel free to comment on his poetry.

If Anthony Robbins were so rich, you'd think he'd be able to afford a better haircut.

Yeah, that was a shameless dig, but heck, was worth it

Owh. The poem was badly written. Spelling was terrible.

• Advertisement

yes, apologies Sarky, you are right.

I approached in the worng way and I apologise to you and the other posters.

Anyway...I though us creative types were allowed to be moody and throw tantrums and stuff! LOL
    I
    If you PM me your email, I will send you a free copy for review....it is written in bad english...but my point is....hey I got started and done something, people with 1000% better talent that I have bang on about for years and never do.

Yes I was out of order!

But listen to this....many people who self publish books fail to sell them and end up a few 1000 euro down, with 10 boxes of a novel gathering dust.

Give all the money back guarantee, and all the USA marketing stuff actually causes people to buy the book...truth!!!! see I partnered with an internet guru to help on that end.

anyway if you do not want to review it, but want to nominate someone else please PM with email and its yours for review.

I though the poem was quite good for a 30 second job! LOL!

Yes I cannot spell at all, but did not stop me making a book! which I got edited...but I think editor did a bad job on it.

Peace

G

Groovy. Now, if anyone wants to take up your offer of reviewing the book, I won't stop them. Everyone's happy.

excellent......positive Karama has been extended to all souls! namaste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 incontinentia

I wish my dad was a barrister and i could sit around all day that 'd be great.

Oh for the love of Jesus in a battlemech, I thought this was over. No more barbed comments from anyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement