Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love This Damned Thing

Options
  • 26-10-2006 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭

I finally have my 1992 Ibanez Ex370Fm back to the way it should be.....

Attachment not found.

Attachment not found.

This guitar plays, feels and sounds much better than my Jackson Kelly KE-3 that cost me €900 (it's the one with Duncan pups, floyd rose and sharkfin inlays). I had a Duncan 59 special in the bridge position on the Ibanez and took it out and put the factory one back in, factory pups are actually DiMarzios and sound fantastic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ibanez definetly rock the guitaring world. They're generally amazing players, and decently enough priced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I wish I could motivate myself enough to play mine (RGT-42fm) only when the strings start goin off I hate it, and even more so when I have to change the strings and get used to new ones. Bloody Floyd Rose takes days to settle down! I only use hard tails as a result. What a waste.

Back on topic, that is a pretty sweet axe. Was thinkin of DiMarzio's for my LP but went Duncan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

nice guitar, the ex in red ruins the look of it makes it look cheap but id recon its a nice player with the ibanez neck and dimarzios you cant really go wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Don1 wrote:
    I wish I could motivate myself enough to play mine (RGT-42fm) only when the strings start goin off I hate it, and even more so when I have to change the strings and get used to new ones. Bloody Floyd Rose takes days to settle down! I only use hard tails as a result. What a waste.

That's strange, I find the Ibanez trems much easier to deal with and very quick to use. Could be that you're not changing the strings correctly. There's a technique to it. There's just no way that your trem should take days to settle, so there's got to be something wrong there.

First of all, I hope you're not taking all the strings off at once? Take the strings off one by one, replacing them with the new strings as you go. So take one off, replace it, take another off, replace it, and so on.

This site offers some amazingly in depth setup information, so you can read about tuning and such there.

If you're still not bothered about the trem, you can get yourself a Tremol-no, which I've heard amazing things about. You can pretty much convert your trem to a fixed bridge at the turn of a knob, which is handy if you're really discontent with the trem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Patricide wrote:
    nice guitar, the ex in red ruins the look of it makes it look cheap but id recon its a nice player with the ibanez neck and dimarzios you cant really go wrong

Actually I've replaced the whole neck and head.. took me 6 years to find the exact one and I was insistant about the EX being in red. The pic doesn't do it justice. The EX is actually shadowed in white and looks cool imo. I'll get my camera from the car later and take a close up of the head

• Advertisement

Update: got inspired to dig out the Ibanez and give it another shot. New strings (I do know how to change them it's just something I don't enjoy doing).
    Left the lock nuts off and played the shiznit out of it for a few hours. Stuck on the nuts fine tuned and it's perfect! Reckon I was putting them on too soon before and the strings were still stretching.
    Forgot how good the guitar is. As a result, I've packed it up and brought it to Dublin with me this week. If only I had an amp up here too! :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Go to Music Maker with €100 in your hand. Leave with a Microcube in your hand. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Don1 wrote:
    Update: got inspired to dig out the Ibanez and give it another shot

I'd like to think I had something to do with this!! :D

feylya wrote:
    Go to Music Maker with €100 in your hand. Leave with a Microcube in your hand. ;)

But €100 means lot's of beer! :p Ah no, yeah seriously thinkin of getting one.

And yes Onkle51, you are partly responsible. The other part was litening to Iron Maiden and getting to the "Bring Your Daughter" solo and going, "Damn I wish I had a wammy bar. Oh wait, I do, mwuhahahaha" etc.

Advertisement