Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maybe someone can help!

Options
  • 26-10-2006 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

basically i have few beliefs but i try to live my life by certain "guidelines" i actually cant remember where i got these from but i have been trying to live by them for some time now.

1 i believe meditation is essential in everyday life, i work a sales job and tend to need to unwind my mind and centre myself after a busy day.

2 i have a really strong belief in Karma, i've seen it happen around me so much, when i do good, good things tend to happen to me. i always feel that im on sort of the negative side of karma tho due to things ive done when growing up and i have to really work at putting positive energy out there.

3 im as open and as accepting a person as i can be (or try to be) and i try to stop my anger, resentments bitterness etc. from surfacing its hard to be pleasent always and i fail much on this point :(

i have read no spirtual or budist litrature, so i dont know where i got these ideals from! i was wondering are any of these(1-3) to do with buddhism and if so could someone point me in the dirrection of some books that wouldn't be hard to get a hold of.

thanks for reading and thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

sorry forgot to mention that also
    4 i try never to harm anything around me (from a tree to the smallest insect) as i feel everything serves one great purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Sm0ke wrote:
    i have read no spirtual or budist litrature, so i dont know where i got these ideals from! i was wondering are any of these(1-3) to do with buddhism and if so could someone point me in the dirrection of some books that wouldn't be hard to get a hold of.

thanks for reading and thanks for your time.

They do indeed, and welcome. Check this out
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054999070

Advertisement