Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you judge people on?

Options
  • 17-10-2006 8:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

In the judging a book by its cover sense.

• Men AND women with too much jewelery are going to be obnoxious show offs.
    • Since few of my female friends wear high heels habitually (and a lot don't wear them at all), I tend to think women who wear heels to work are a bit odd. Similar with makeup in the workplace.
    • Any woman who likes teddies is immediately classed as a bunny boiler. I avoid them like the plague. ;)
    • Loud people.
    • People who try too hard to be friendly
    • People with ringtones other than the ones that came with the phone.
    • The handshake is always a classic one. Recieving a limp cold fish handshake always makes me suspicious of a person.
    • People who fake yawn from being nervous. Ive encountered several people with this problem and it annoys the tits off me. You can spot a fake yawn a mile off. And why a yawn? Why not nervous cough?
    • Women who call their father 'Daddy' I get the horrible impression that it's what they shout during sex.

So what do you use as signposts to judge people on before you get to know them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Phrenology

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Battlefield 2 stats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

IvaBigWun wrote:

• Since few of my female friends wear high heels habitually (and a lot don't wear them at all), I tend to think women who wear heels to work are a bit odd. Similar with makeup in the workplace.
    • Any woman who likes teddies is immediately classed as a bunny boiler. I avoid them like the plague. ;)
    • Loud people.
    • The handshake is always a classic one. Recieving a limp cold fish handshake always makes me suspicious of a person.
    • People who fake yawn from being nervous. Ive encountered several people with this problem and it annoys the tits off me. You can spot a fake yawn a mile off. And why a yawn? Why not nervous cough?
    • Women who call their father 'Daddy' I get the horrible impression that it's what they shout during sex.

how do u judge people that make pointless posts on boards.ie just to waste webpace and moan:mad: u obviously have nothing better to do:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Crucifix wrote:
    Phrenology

You feel up peoples skulls when you meet them? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

i usually get a first impression of somebody from what shoes they were. im actually really seious, it's a bad habit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

IvaBigWun wrote:
    You feel up peoples skulls when you meet them? :D
    Yep...I guess I make pretty bad first impression

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

IvaBigWun wrote:
    [*]Women who call their father 'Daddy' I get the horrible impression that it's what they shout during sex.

As in "You're my Daddy!!!"???? :)

i usually get a first impression of somebody from what shoes they were. im actually really seious, it's a bad habit.

Its one of my pet hates that I cant stand people who judge shoes. WTF? As long as they match or close anough and are comfortable who gives a fcuk?!

I sometimes judge people who spell "wear" as "were" :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I hate people with weak handshakes. It provides a very immediate and very negative impression of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

People with a negative bank balance, tut tut, if you can't keep your finances in order..just..just get outta my sight! :eek:
    "Ok, let me see your accounts for last 4 years please, oh and I'll have a coffee while your at it" :)

Oh and what Faith said, a good, strong handshake ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Negative is the new positive. At least that's what they sound 'round these Limerick parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

IvaBigWun wrote:

• Loud people.

Bit harsh about the Daddy thing arn't you??

How people talk about themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

No intentional but.. talking and dressing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Post count.

I do that sometimes too. I don't like doing it but I can't help it.

Also accents can have a big effect on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

bluto63 wrote:
    Post count.

I do that sometimes too. I don't like doing it but I can't help it.

Also accents can have a big effect on me

women wit cork accents:D major turn off:( and thers some fine women down there too:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

IvaBigWun wrote:

The handshake is always a classic one. Recieving a limp cold fish handshake always makes me suspicious of a person.
    I'll go with Faith on this one - I'm always suspect of someone with a 'limp' handshake. I'll always warm to someone who engages in a proper handshake. But I really hate that "barely touch your hand" sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The SNR coming out of their gob.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

crosstownk wrote:
    I'll go with Faith on this one - I'm always suspect of someone with a 'limp' handshake. I'll always warm to someone who engages in a proper handshake. But I really hate that "barely touch your hand" sh1te.
    I give a quite weak handshake myself - for some reason I am always worried about hurting people when I shake their hands!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You won't hurt them unless you use a death grip. Nice and firm, that's all there is to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

IvaBigWun wrote:

[*]Any woman who likes teddies is immediately classed as a bunny boiler. I avoid them like the plague. ;)
    I happen to be good frineds with someone who loves teddies, what am I getting myself in for? Explain :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

A weak handshake is seen psychologically as a sign of insincerity, so I'm with you there. I will admit to judging people on their clothes.no man over the age of 10 should wear tracksuit bottoms as trousers unless they're playing sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

ionapaul wrote:
    I give a quite weak handshake myself - for some reason I am always worried about hurting people when I shake their hands!
    Dont! Just squeeze away - better than a limp introduction.....................

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I used to have a weak handskake, it used to piss me when I shook hands with someone else that had one too, it was just a real loose pointless connection of a fingers.

bone crushing handskakes piss me off too, why do they do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

As far as people saying a weak handshake I have to agree, but I think thats just because people used to tell me never to trust someone with a weak handshake. But now that I'm not seven years old anymore I would distrust people that make a point of giving a really firm handshake more, exspecially if they have heard the don't trust someone with a weak handshake thing before, I mean what are you trying to hide? Are you really that insecure that you have to give someone a firm handshake because you think otherwise it gives a bad first impresion, are you really that pretentious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Man those crusher handshakes freak me out, wft do these people need to prove when they crush your hand like that.. Hand shakes should be replaced by that ankle grab thing from red dwarf.. anyone remember that?

Jerry seinfeld did a great bit on handshakes.. and close talkers..

And dont be dissin cork women wither :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

taste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

IvaBigWun wrote:

for a woman, well big boobs, fine ass and legs to hold them up.
    for a man.... well im not that sort of bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Archeron

When I see women doing that air kisses (MWAH, MWAH) thing on both sides of someone's face, I automatically think that they're a stuck up twat. Other than that, I always try to give the benefit of the doubt.

Unless they are a clown. In which case I presume evil is their middle name and that they torture kittens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Orange69 wrote:
    Man those crusher handshakes freak me out, wft do these people need to prove when they crush your hand like that..
    i reckon its to cover up their homoerotic tendancies...."YEAH I'M MANLY, LOOK AT MY EXCESSIVELY AGGRESSIVE HANDSHAKE" *to self, oooh he looks nice in those jeans....damnit better smash something with my hammer & where's my remote control*

• Advertisement

People boasting about past sexual exploits fairly shortly after you have first met them

please feck off.

Advertisement