Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Karting vids

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

twaithes wrote: »
    Guys, reaching out on a limb here but do any of you remember a coulple of brothers from Kilkenny (Dick and Danny Lannon) that used to race with Tucker and Johnny Cassin, Austin Bishop and the rest of the legends of teh 60's and 70's?

Hey...Stop following me!!! Just messing.
    I only raced back home from 97-01 so this would have been well before my time. I'd hazard a guess that the legend that is Trevor Williams probably knows em though.

Incidentally, I have more footage that I finished working on month ago, I haven't put it up on youtube yet, to be honest I mightn't bother because of youtube's time limits. Its all handheld Video8 footage, the vids are from '00 and '01 including the Internations from '00 at Nutts Corner. Ill post a list of what I have later and if anyone wants a link, drop me PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colmkarter

Hello from Canada. Found this thread by searching for my old friend Austin Bishop, who raced twin Mc7's mid 60's. Many names come to mind such a Gaye Keating, Victor McGee, Alec Geddes, Anne Tighe-Smurfit, Gerry King, and more.

Kilkenny street race was a sad one, I recall. Wicklow 1964 in the rain was my first win...got a blanket and a roast chicken. The blanket I still have, but the chicken....flown!

Still have a pristine condition IKC embroidered crest.

I departed dear old sod in 1964 and continued karting here in Canada and also around America. Halted early 90's but now re-started again! Hope to visit with my brother 2012.

Did race at Mondello in 73' after the Worlds at Nivelles with Lake Speed and Lynn Haddock...U.S. Champions. Alec was there and had a great tussel with him, eventually beating him on the last lap. He originally ran a Villiers shifter. Any Vintage kart events going on?

Any photos, stories, or contacts appreciated.

Colm OhUiginn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 colmkarter

I have one photo of me sitting in my Italkart / McCulloch 7/8 in the front garden at Delgany, plotting my escape...see, it was the day before we emigrated to Canada.

See my Facebook under Colm Bryan to see an album of karting going back to the 60's. Ran Putnam Park in Indiana 2 weeks ago (4th & 2nd) and Mid Ohio in Ohio in June for a win...both road sports car courses.

Next is late October / November M-O again & Virginia International...4.2 miles around!

What's on in 2012...Mondello still has kart races?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Yeah no Mondello racing for karts anymore. The cars got tired of getting pasted all the time haha. Looks like some great tracks have sprung up in the meantime though. The sport is infinitely more wrecked in the US.
    I had no idea Lynn Haddock raced at Mondello!

Advertisement