Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #20: "Black Holes and Revelations" by Muse

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Xavi6 wrote:
    Can't remember the last time I heard them on radio if ever.
    Haha well they're on it with that single all the time now. Maybe you just don't listen to the radio at all. Or have a useless memory :rolleyes:
    (I'd avoid it too if I could, but it's on in work).
    MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Muse? Radio generic tripe?
    Go back and read my post to find out precisely what I was referring to when I said "it".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Haha well they're on it with that single all the time now. Maybe you just don't listen to the radio at all. Or have a useless memory :rolleyes:
    (I'd avoid it too if I could, but it's on in work).

I've worked in a shop with the radio on for the past three years and only heard Muse once, its mostly 98fm and FM104.
    Go back and read my post to find out precisely what I was referring to when I said "it".

Yes, the BH&R single, whatever that may be. No need to specify, I don't think I'll agree anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Please don't discuss MCD events on this forum, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Or have a useless memory :rolleyes:

Nope my memory's pretty good and I don't ever remember hearing them on radio. Maybe they're on those chart shows because some 12 year old Green Day heads think the song is catchy but that's about it.

How anyone could think the music is geared towards radio is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,166 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

How anyone could think the music is geared towards radio is just ridiculous.

Quite obviously talking about Starlight here I think(all references to radio generic stuff). Personally, I disagree apart from possibly this one song. The new album is brilliant and not much will be played on radio. Im trying to picture Marty Whelan introducing Knights of Cydonia or something, just wouldnt happen. Muse are by now one of my favourite bands and the albums are really good. I can see the Radiohead influences in the first album but since then, its just gone in a different direction. I'll stick to what I said before and say BHAR is one of the better albums(although only from 4), and is personally my favourite album of the year by very far *stretches arms as far as possible*

• Advertisement

Please don't discuss MCD events on this site. Next person to breach this rule gets a month's ban. You won't like me when I'm angry! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And above everything else they are the best live band in the world. Nothing about the performances they put on could be deemed radio friendly. Sensational stuff.

John, who mentioned it the second time? From the first warning till your second one and not a mention of it.

When I saw them(non-MCD event), it was sensational(in the words of Xavi6), lights and loud music played amazingly well, incorporating great piano work into these sets also really make it enjoyable. Definatley one of the fanciest bands I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Mushy wrote:
    John, who mentioned it the second time? From the first warning till your second one and not a mention of it.
    Thats cos posts were deleted. Posts with no mention of MCD events.

I deleted all the posts mentioning MCD events.

• Advertisement

Ah I see, forgot ya could do that

My superpowers know no end. Now, back on topic.

Advertisement