Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discussion on the rules ???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Fair play to you lads who posted back an idea.

Is this all,ppl are very quick to jump on the bandwagon and voice an opinion but when you have a chance to......Nothing.Hmmm.

/the sound of a pin hitting the floor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I have been trying to avoid criticising a moderator in the forum they moderate since this whole weather check thing began.

All i will say is that unless all trangressions to whater charter is there are addressed, then you might as well delete the current charter and have no charter at all.

If both yourself and DapperGent have read the threads in the Mod forum, ye will know what I am on about. As it is in a private forum I will not repeat myself here.

Snowbie wrote:
    Constructive thoughts and not criticism will help this forum move forward.

How many times will i have to repeat this.
    All i will say is that unless all trangressions to whater charter is there are addressed, then you might as well delete the current charter and have no charter at all.

What you think we are trying to do on this thread.We are trying to facilitate everyone so there be no confusion in the future and put a revised/alteration charter in place.
    If you can put an idea here for all to see,then do so,otherwise refrain yourself from criticising.
    If both yourself and DapperGent have read the threads in the Mod forum, ye will know what I am on about. As it is in a private forum I will not repeat myself here.

Pointless posting that here.We have read the mod forum.We want to move forward not backwards.
    Unless you want to add something new here,feel free to do so.Everything will be taken into account.

What you think we are trying to do on this thread.We are trying to facilitate everyone so there be no confusion in the future and put a revised/alteration charter in place.
    If you can put an idea here for all to see,then do so,otherwise refrain yourself from criticising.

OK then, I would like to see an explicit prohibition of trolling included in the charter.
    Pointless posting that here.We have read the mod forum.We want to move forward not backwards.
    Unless you want to add something new here,feel free to do so.Everything will be taken into account.

Referring you to the thread in the mod forum was an effort to bring your attention to a question which is being asked of you which remains unanswered.

Referring you to the thread in the mod forum was an effort to bring your attention to a question which is being asked of you which remains unanswered

You must have me mistaken for someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Billy if you wish to discuss something from the Mod board, use the mod board or take it to PM.

Fair enough, but to answer snowbie. I am not mistaken.

anyway. as per the charter, I would offer my own charter for limerick city to be used as a template.

it can be found here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=191758

feel free to copy/paste any bits you might find usefull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

For me it's quite simple, if you can't offer a forecast (be it short range or long range) then there is no point in having a weather forum (imo).
    I can't see the problem in offering a forecast so long as it's backed up by some reasoning (charts, climate patterns etc).
    I feel this would make for interesting discussions as users would be debating their own predictions and why they think they will come off...

The charter for the most part is fine, but why is this section needed?

"People should not make sensational statments which could cause alarm to people reading the forum without having very credible data backup, i.e. a severe weather warning from the Met Office or charts which are less than 48 hours out i.e. not from FI."

Newspapers do this the whole time, it makes for interesting reading. If I started a thread saying that I was forecasting a "day after tomorrow" event on 15th Feb next year and gave reasons why I thought it would come off (aching knee, coupled with El Nino) then I don't see this as a problem as other posters could easily post reasons why it would be extremely unlikely to happen.

For the same reason I feel this line should be removed:
    "New threads on this subject may only be created for specefic Winter weather events when they have happened and not ahead of when anyone thinks they are going to happen."

My 2c worth...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I feel that dates should be used in ALL new threads opened...

i.e. TITLE: Sun Oct 01 2006: Possible gale event in western Ireland
    i.e. TITLE: Mon Sep 25 2006: Likely to see 22c and thunder
    i.e. TITLE: Mon Dec 25 2006: Heavy snow looks promising
    i.e. TITLE: Tue Dec 26 2006: Week long cold snap on the cards
    i.e. TITLE: Tue Oct 03 2006: Three day wet spell expected to bring floods

And discuss the topic therein wil regards to the topic only...

Advertisement