Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL betting

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

New York Jets vs Cleveland Browns

Jets @ 2.12 - Lost 10euro

New york jets(4-3) travel to Cleveland Browns(1-5). I am sure Randy is alot happier about things are going at Villa. Browns are muck. They havent yet managed to win a home match. The only match they did win was against an equally muck Oakland Raiders.

The Jets are no Superbowl team, but they are very solid. Chad pennington(QB) has done very well this year after a few years with shoulder injuries. The 3 loses have come to Colts, Patriots and Jaguars. Lost to a last minute field goal against the colts and lost to a TD against the Patriots. Two teams will challenge for the Superbowl this year. They were hammered by the Jaguars 41-0 but that was just blip. Bounced back with a 3 point win over the Dolphins.

The only worry is there main Wide Reciever Laveranues Coles is rated as doubtful due to a Calf injury. However their rookie running back Leon Washington has had a very impressive start to his career. He is just coming off a 129 yeard and two TD game against the Lions. He will relish facing the Browns who are ranked 29th(out of 32) in rush defense.

Jets to win without the need of a handicap.

Dallas Cowboys vs Carolina Panthers

Panthers @ 1.85 - Lost 10euro

Having started the season 0-2 the Panthers have managed to turn things around things around and are now 4-3. Alot of was down to the return of Steve Smith, there star wide reciever.

Dallas are seriously sturggling at the minute. They have dropped starting Quartback Drew Bledsoe in favour of back up Tony Romo, who will be making his first career start. Not a great time to be blooding a new QB. Panther have just come of a defeat to Cinncinate Bengals and will want to retifcy that straight away. Panthers really need to win this to be still in with a chance of making the play offs. Cowboys season is pretty much over(3-3).

I think the Panthers should win this comfortably. The over 38.5 is also worth considering. Only one of the cowboys matches have finish with less, and that was 37.

Green Bay Packers vs Arizona Cardinals

Packers @ 1.87 - Won 8.70

Green Pay(2-4) face Arizona Cardinals(1-5) at Lambeau field this evening. Green have been improving. There four loses have been against Chicago Bears(5-1), New Orleans Saints(6-0), Philidelphia Eagles(4-3) and St. Louis Rams( 4-2). Most teams in the league would struggle against these teams. Packers have beaten Miami Dolphins and Detrioit Lions. Teams of similiar standard to Cardinals.

Cardinals have just lost to Raiders. Something few teams will experience this year. Confidence has to be very low. They nearly beat the bears the week before that but lost by just a point. The offence corridinator was sacked aftr that, not sure why. These dont look godd in the Cardinals camp. Having to travel a cold Lambuea field will not help them, winter is setting in their and it will not be warm.

I expect Packers to beat the spread and win by at least a touchdown.

Sorry about the lateness.

Start Bank: €200
    Current Bank: €222.70
    Bets made: 22
    Bets lost: 8

Chicago Bears ht/ft @ 1.20, San Diego Chargers @ 1.11, New York Giants @ 1.11, Jaguars @ 1.18. fourfold @ 1.75 - 20euro

Miami Dolphins @ Chicago Bears

The 1-6 Dolphins have the nightmare task of playing the Bears(7-0) at solidier field. The one team and stadium no teams wants to travel to, let alone a team as bad as the dolphins.

The Dolhpins will have to rely on QB Joey Harrington to get their offense going. Daune Culpepper is doubtful with a knee injruy. The only rpoblem with Joey is, he has thrown more interceptions then Touchdowns(7-3). The Bears defence will relish this.

So far this year, the bears have only conceded 6 Touchdowns and turned the ball over 22 times. The Dolphins will seriously struggle to score. Infairness to the Bear there defence hasnt been as bad as their Offence, but still they will need the game of their lives to have any chance.

The -13.5 spread is quite generous i think for the Bears. So far at home this season the narrowest margin the bears have won by has been a massive 27 points agains the Lions. They destroyed the 49ers by 31 points, the seahwks by 31 and the the Bills by 33. This is going to be one tough time for Miame. And i expect the Bears to rack up another big score.

Bears -13.5 @ 2.02

Atlanta Falcons @ Detriot Lions

The Detroit Lions host Atlantca Falcons this week. Lions are struggling again this season and look certain to end up with a losing year. They are currently 1-6. There one win coming at home to a equally poor Buffalo bills.

The Falcons are the other hand are soring high. 5-2 and looking like the team that reached the NFC final 2 seasons ago. Even Mike Vick has seeminly learned how to pass a ball!

Detriot Lions havent even had a very tough schedule. There 6 losses comg from the New York Jets(4-4), Minnisota Vikings(4-3), St. Louis Rams(4-3), Green Bay Packers(3-4) and the Seattle Seahawks(4-3).

The Lions have only managed to sack opposing QB 13 times, 26th is in the league. They will find even harder to get their hands on a WB as elusive as Vick. They also give up on average 237.6 passing yards. Thats the 4th most in the league.

Vick has managed 523 yards in his last too games and thrown 7 TD's. Previously Vick had never thrown more then 2 TD's a game in his previous 5 odd seasons. He through 4 against the Steelers 2 weeks ago, and 3 last week against the Bengals. I expect the Lions defence to have a tough afternoon.

I think at least a 1 TD victory is likely

Falcons -5.5 @ 2.00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

what the fup happened the bears? they were my banker. had every other game godammit!

Chicago Bears ht/ft @ 1.20, San Diego Chargers @ 1.11, New York Giants @ 1.11, Jaguars @ 1.18. fourfold @ 1.75 - Lost 20euro

Miami Dolphins @ Chicago Bears

The 1-6 Dolphins have the nightmare task of playing the Bears(7-0) at solidier field. The one team and stadium no teams wants to travel to, let alone a team as bad as the dolphins.

The Dolhpins will have to rely on QB Joey Harrington to get their offense going. Daune Culpepper is doubtful with a knee injruy. The only rpoblem with Joey is, he has thrown more interceptions then Touchdowns(7-3). The Bears defence will relish this.

So far this year, the bears have only conceded 6 Touchdowns and turned the ball over 22 times. The Dolphins will seriously struggle to score. Infairness to the Bear there defence hasnt been as bad as their Offence, but still they will need the game of their lives to have any chance.

The -13.5 spread is quite generous i think for the Bears. So far at home this season the narrowest margin the bears have won by has been a massive 27 points agains the Lions. They destroyed the 49ers by 31 points, the seahwks by 31 and the the Bills by 33. This is going to be one tough time for Miame. And i expect the Bears to rack up another big score.

Bears -13.5 @ 2.02 - Lost 10euro

Atlanta Falcons @ Detriot Lions

The Detroit Lions host Atlantca Falcons this week. Lions are struggling again this season and look certain to end up with a losing year. They are currently 1-6. There one win coming at home to a equally poor Buffalo bills.

The Falcons are the other hand are soring high. 5-2 and looking like the team that reached the NFC final 2 seasons ago. Even Mike Vick has seeminly learned how to pass a ball!

Detriot Lions havent even had a very tough schedule. There 6 losses comg from the New York Jets(4-4), Minnisota Vikings(4-3), St. Louis Rams(4-3), Green Bay Packers(3-4) and the Seattle Seahawks(4-3).

The Lions have only managed to sack opposing QB 13 times, 26th is in the league. They will find even harder to get their hands on a WB as elusive as Vick. They also give up on average 237.6 passing yards. Thats the 4th most in the league.

Vick has managed 523 yards in his last too games and thrown 7 TD's. Previously Vick had never thrown more then 2 TD's a game in his previous 5 odd seasons. He through 4 against the Steelers 2 weeks ago, and 3 last week against the Bengals. I expect the Lions defence to have a tough afternoon.

I think at least a 1 TD victory is likely

Falcons -5.5 @ 2.00 - Lost 10euro

Bears were shocking. damn, I think alot of people wil be avoinding them for superbowl now. NFC is looking really poor(as usually) compared to the AFC. The giants are the only team i can see challenging for the superbowl.

Falcons lost aswell, first time i have hit the red. Screw reviewing the teams, i am just gonna blindly throw darts at next weeks fixture.

Current Bank: €182.70
    Bets made: 39
    Bets lost: 22

• Advertisement

Raiders at Seahawks - Under 39.5 points @ 1.53 10euro

Raiders at Seahawks - Under 39.5 points @ 1.53 - Won 5.30euro

A fantastically* entertaining 16-0 win for the seahawks.

Current Bank: €188
    Bets made: 40

*not

Raiders at cheifs
    Raiders +9.5 @ 1.83

Bengals at Saints
    Over 51.5 @ 2.02

Steelers at Browns
    Steelers -3.5 @ 1.9

Raiders at cheifs
    Raiders +9.5 @ 1.83 - won 8.30

Bengals at Saints
    Over 51.5 @ 2.02 - lost 10

Steelers at Browns
    Steelers -3.5 @ 1.9 won 9

all i needed was one td in the saints match, the idiots even throw 3 ints in the end-zone. :rolleyes:

Current Bank: €195.3
    Bets made: 40

First offensive play to be runs in the Panthers, Bears, Saints and Giants game.
    lost €5 @ 7.64

Jags -3.5 to beat Bills @ 2.1
    lost €10

Ravens -2.5 to beat Steelers @ 1.9
    Won €9

Current Bank: €189.3
    Bets made: 45
    Bets lost: 25

• Advertisement
Advertisement