Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport - Terminal 2

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

The one advantage of only building Pier D now is that unlike other airports, we know what space is required for the Airbus A 380.
    There are not many terminals in airports around this island that can boast the capability of handling up several Airbus A380 simultaneously like Pier D.
    I thought our runway couldn't handle those?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

spacetweek wrote:
    I thought our runway couldn't handle those?

Correct it can't, but the new runway will. Unless of course UPROAR get their way.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

MICKEYG wrote:
    Saw some new pics today. Still not sure how it will work for arrivals departures. Will they be on the same level?

Hate to be rude but does anyone have an answer to my original question. The current terminal has two levels but the new one does not seem to.

MICKEYG wrote:
    Hate to be rude but does anyone have an answer to my original question. The current terminal has two levels but the new one does not seem to.

It will be on two levels, departures above arrivals.

Might I suggest a look at planning application F06A/1248 on http://www.fingalcoco.ie/LivingInFingal/Planning/PlanningSearch/ where you can see all the floor plans and elevations, along with all the other planning documentation.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Just heard from a VERY reliable source that this has not been signed off by the relevant dept in the Govt . More delays ahead .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Bluetonic wrote:

Might I suggest a look at planning application F06A/1248 on http://www.fingalcoco.ie/LivingInFingal/Planning/PlanningSearch/ where you can see all the floor plans and elevations, along with all the other planning documentation.

Thanks for the link. I had a look and the files are huge. Do you know which one shows the floor plans? The road network plans do not show an upper and lower level roadway like we have in T1.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Bluetonic wrote:

How do you view the drawings online?

MICKEYG wrote:
    Do you know which one shows the floor plans? The road network plans do not show an upper and lower level roadway like we have in T1.

There is a document called 'Floor Plans' on the first page which details everything you need, it's 50MB. Check in will be on the ground floor (with the baggage hall behind), departures hall/security on the second floor, with baggage reclaim and arrivals on the first floor. It's a split something like John Lennon International.
    Victor wrote:
    How do you view the drawings online?
    Best viewed using IE.

Whilst viewing the planning application, select the 'Documents (from November 2005)' tab. Select the document you need and agree to the terms and conditions and click view.

Bluetonic wrote:
    Whilst viewing the planning application, select the 'Documents (from November 2005)' tab. Select the document you need and agree to the terms and conditions and click view.
    Ah, I didn't notice the scroll bar and only saw the appeal documents.

I've gone through the drawings and they don't seem to match up.

Departures - enter at ground level, go to top level, come back down to middle level or ground level.

Arrivals - enter at top level - stay at same level.

However, on the pier the top and middle levels are connected, but the bottom and middle aren't (should be the other way around).

• Advertisement

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ultanmor

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. I had a look and the files are huge. Do you know which one shows the floor plans? The road network plans do not show an upper and lower level roadway like we have in T1.

There won't be an upper and lower level road for T2. Instead the road will split at ground level to separate new departures and arrivals areas for T2.

The existing road to T1 will pass through the middle of the new terminal, so traffic for T1 will be still have an upper deparutures and lower arrivals level.

Advertisement