Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: 1X18 / 1X19 - "Bluff" / "The Key" [* SPOILERS WITHIN *]

Options
  • 28-08-2006 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN "BLUFF" / "THE KEY" -

Episode Title: "Bluff" / "The Key"
    Airdate: August 29th 2006

TV.com Summaries:

Bluff:
    In an effort to recreate the missing piece of the tattoo, Michael gets transferred to the psych ward, seeking the help of Haywire. T-Bag and C-Note have to join forces.

The Key:
    Michael must get the key to the infirmary and enlist the help of an old face, while Lincoln learns the identity of his kidnapper and another inmate learns of the escape.

Next Episode: 1X20 - "Tonight" - September 5th 2006

What did you think of "Bluff" / "The Key"? (avg for both) 25 votes

0%
    20%
    Mossy MonkPacificoDaDaRollo TamasiFaerie 5 votes
    40%
    _Kaiser_Faithmanti452SparkogustavoSinfoniaJelloHaven't a ClueBaby4BA2703 10 votes
    20%
    ChazirlrobinspokerwidowDMBanditRIRI 5 votes
    12%
    prospectfobsUmaro 3 votes
    0%
    4%
    Rancidmaniac13 1 vote
    0%
    4%
    gilroyb 1 vote
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

DUH!

Thought this was on last night.. ah well, enjoy it tonight!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Absolutely fantastic! My jaw was down my bellybutton for the whole thing!

And the kiss - aaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

:eek: :eek: Brilliant again!....As I sat down to watch I was thinking that maybe I was getting a bit bored but it had me riveted throughout again! Thank feck for double bills. 3 episodes left and they're screwed all ends up. Really looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I give the first one a seven and the second one a 9.5 (dont like giving 10's!)..maybe 8.5 overall.

Yep.. 'The Key' was an absolutely fine episode that really had me shouting "OH SHOITE" at the screen with the final scene of Bellick discovering the plan and peering into their tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

some classic tbag in these two episodes...and that tweener guy...what a feckin tweener!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

T-Bags face was priceless when Abruzzi stepped off the bus. And the bit with Haywire was kind of funny. I do not understand why the father didn't keep driving. He was already ahead of the cops and Kellerman was lying on the ground.

Missed the bit when Veronicas lawyer friend and Abruzzi are on the phone, so I don't get the connection there. At least he is not working for 'The company'.

How the hell do they manage with all the setbacks now, Lincon on 24hr watch and Bellick finding the hole. Have to wait until next week, I suppose. Good episodes though, have me on the edge of my seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Unbelieavable 2 episodes!
    There was something happening all the time.
    TBag had some great lines
    "A full house. That's a concept a Mexican should be quite familiar with"
    "Looks like the Bank of Africa wasn't allowing any withdrawals today":)

Glad to see the CO Geary i think his name was get his comeuppance
    heh this was good too
    You're as crooked as scoliosis.
    Bellick: I don't get caught
    Cant wait to see how they worm their way out of this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Michael asked the tweener could he be trusted and then Bellick finds the hole....so is this Michael slipping up or being 2 steps ahead again?
    Next Tuesday won't get here quick enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

thats what i was thinkin too, dabbler!

omfg though, i actually could feel the blood drain from my face watching the last two bits (tweener and bellick)!!!

good to see geary gone, don't like him
    kinda felt bad for tweener cos avocado is well scary, but after him snitching, i hope avocado nails him to the fookin wall!

bluff was very good, the key was amazing. cannot WAIT to see the next exciting instalment of.....PRISON BREAK! same break time, same break channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

I was away most of the summer, but saw adds for Prison Break beforehand, so I set the SKY+ box to record 'em... just in case it turns out to be worth watching... under-estimation of the year! :)

What a treat we've had over the past 2 weeks since we got back. Have been watching 2 or 3 episodes per night and just caught up in time for last night's double-bill... now I've to wait 7 days for the next fix :rolleyes:

Haven't enjoyed a series like this since 24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Registered Users Posts: 28,765 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Great show... 2nd episode was definitely the better of the two.

I reckon Michael knew Tweener couldn't be trusted but he had to give him a way out from Avocado that didn't involve killing the guy - after all, he didn't trust him when Bellick assigned him to PI either remember... but as for how he's gonna get around Bellick finding the hole I don't know! :D

Not sure about Abruzzi's new God kick.. but good to see him back in it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Baby4 wrote:

I thought that was Linc's dad but could be mistaken. If it's not him then I'd say it's a contact of Abruzzis.

Great 2nd episode last night. Wasn't as gone on the first one. For the record, I reckon Michael is two steps ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 BA2703

pokerwidow wrote:
    Missed the bit when Veronicas lawyer friend and Abruzzi are on the phone, so I don't get the connection there. At least he is not working for 'The company'.

My take was that Abruzzi is going to use Veronica as insurance that Scofield will give up Fibonacci(sp?)

Michael asked the tweener could he be trusted and then Bellick finds the hole....so is this Michael slipping up or being 2 steps ahead again?
    Next Tuesday won't get here quick enough!

Someone paying more attention than me (damn baby roaring during Prison Break!!) might be able to clear up this - didn't Scofield say the plan had changed about how they were going to get into the infirmary (30 feet walk down the corridor to the locked door?). Does this make the hole in the Guards room redundant? Are they going to access it(the infirmary) from the pipes under Psych instead of the hole? If so, he may have given up the tunnel to save Tweener - bit premature considering the doc is now onto his key-robbing scam - best epi yet last night(2nd one)??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

BA2703 wrote:
    Someone paying more attention than me (damn baby roaring during Prison Break!!) might be able to clear up this - didn't Scofield say the plan had changed about how they were going to get into the infirmary (30 feet walk down the corridor to the locked door?). Does this make the hole in the Guards room redundant? Are they going to access it(the infirmary) from the pipes under Psych instead of the hole? If so, he may have given up the tunnel to save Tweener - bit premature considering the doc is now onto his key-robbing scam - best epi yet last night(2nd one)??

from what i saw, the guy changing the lock took the old one out, threw it on the floor, picked it up again and put it back in! He must have been bribed somehow

Really? Didn't pay that much attention, just presumed he changed it, from Scofield's expression

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Better eposides than the last few. I gave them a 7.

The kiss was a bit dumb, especially considering the Docs office ihas glass walls, so you'd imagine she'd be a bit aware of being caught...

I assume Michael knew that Tweener would snitch, and as usual he can easily predict the chain of events and reactions of everyone around him, despite the fact that there is an infinite number of outcomes as a result of every action he makes.

The guy in the phone shop was Lincs Dad. But he didn't really plan the escape very well, particularly his choice of car. You would imagine he would pick a very common car in a very common colour to make life that bit more difficult for the cops.

I must say, the Warden is emerging as one of my favourite actors, I think he plays the nice guy, and the tough guy very well.

Looking forward to next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Speaking of favourite actors i think the guy that does C-Note does a great job

• Advertisement

L5 wrote:
    from what i saw, the guy changing the lock took the old one out, threw it on the floor, picked it up again and put it back in! He must have been bribed somehow

Yup! I think this was all arranged in Michael's phone call to his wife.
    prospect wrote:
    I must say, the Warden is emerging as one of my favourite actors, I think he plays the nice guy, and the tough guy very well.

I caught him in something on LivingTV the other day where he was playing some hard boiled detective type. Jim Carey was in it too.

Earthhorse wrote:
    I caught him in something on LivingTV the other day where he was playing some hard boiled detective type. Jim Carey was in it too.

You're probably too young so to remember him(Stacy Keach is his name) playing Mike Hammer (TV detective back in the 80's) not sure if that's what you saw on Living though.
    His acting has improved a lot since then - it was a pretty duff show, but I suppose they all were back then!!

Yeah, it was Mike Hammer alright. Could be I saw it in the eighties and just don't remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

delighted to see abbruzzi back in it. I think whoever said they dont need the tunnel anymore is right (but I do remember them saying "fill it in light, so it'll be easy to smash through").

now what - the buzz was - go from the guard room up a thingy to the infirmary. I thought they still needed the guard room hole to get the tunnels in psych ward? I'm getting a little bit confused! Think I'm gonna have to get the dvd and watch it again!!!

Cant fecking wait till next week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

Quick Question:

When is the final episode being shown on rte2? Is it the 12th sept? And is it the usual length or a "feature length" episode? (I'm away from the 13th and dont want to miss it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

There's three episodes left? Christ, that went in quick.

Very, very good last night. So many twists and turns. Amazing. Glad to see Abbruzzi didn't actually follow his god finding bull and is still as bad as ever.

Evil_Bilbo wrote:
    When is the final episode being shown on rte2? Is it the 12th sept? And is it the usual length or a "feature length" episode? (I'm away from the 13th and dont want to miss it!)
    Double-bill next week and one to finish it the following week (Tuesday 12th).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭pokerwidow

Earthhorse wrote:
    Yup! I think this was all arranged in Michael's phone call to his wife.

Mike Hammer was on Hallmark channel last weekend as a treat for all the English on their bank holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

prospect wrote:

The guy in the phone shop was Lincs Dad. But he didn't really plan the escape very well, particularly his choice of car. You would imagine he would pick a very common car in a very common colour to make life that bit more difficult for the cops.

no it wasn't. It was a company man. It's definetly not Mr. Sink.

I only copped on last night about Steadmans teeth. When his remains were pulled up the doctor tested his teeth to determine if the corpse was Steadman....and what is steadman putting in his glass! Fake teeth! Argh! I just thought it was to add to the creppieness (is that a word?) of the character...kind of like the somkin' man in the X-Files.

Can't beleive Micheal fessed up yo to the wigga yo! He gave the B-Man the 411 on da Pi crew like you wouldn't believe...mutha****ar! if they get caught they be gettin 10 2 20 added to their bill! Screamer man! Screamer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

the PI boys surely couldnt be put back into Gen pop, so they must be goin to the SHU, possibly under 24hr surveillance(which is where Linc is, but i dont know if Michael knows that yet...)
    so maybe he's found another way out..
    also, the guards room had to be useless because it was finished so they wouldnt need to go back in..

loved the bit when CNote stops TBag, and then TBag rubs his shoulder off his chin, looks like a tamed animal, lol

Advertisement