Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things International students should know before coming to tcd/and living in Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Black_Couch

IzzyWizzy wrote:
    Yes there is a public school atmosphere, definitely among the English people. A lot of people who think they're too good for Trinity, which is laughable because if they were so great they'd have got in elsewhere. A few people have said they wanted Oxford or Cambridge but didn't get in. My sister got into Cambridge and she's Irish and went to a state school so they can stick their snotty attitudes.

was it harvard or oxford that refused the guy who got 900 points a few years ago because he went to a 'post-primary' school? I think it was Oxford.

That sounds like totoal bull:

1) You can only get 600 points, even with 9A1s
    2) UCAS offers are conditional on points, Oxford would have to have rejected his ap outright for that to be the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 London2005

Just out of interest whats a post primary school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dreambrook

It's a secondary school I would think, I've been confused by Black_Couch, the oxford app system isn't based on points and I wouldn't think Harvard's is either. meh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

was it harvard or oxford that refused the guy who got 900 points a few years ago because he went to a 'post-primary' school? I think it was Oxford.
    i'm confused by that.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

dreambrook wrote:
    It's a secondary school I would think
    that it is
    I've been confused by Black_Couch
    not the only one..
    the oxford app system isn't based on points and I wouldn't think Harvard's is either. meh
    well as for oxford you would be judged based on prior academic record(and probally involving an interview) and would have got get a provisional offer before getting your points, the same as their postgrad entry. So the 900points thing would be irrelevent, if they never got a provisional offer it wouldn't matter what points they got...

Advertisement