Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many new road openings before the next election

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I just want to say one thing.......Bertie if your reading this.........

YOU HAD BETTER HAVE THAT TUNNEL FINISHED BEFORE THE NEXT ELECTION!!!!!

...............so we can start on the Eastern Bypass:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

And then we'll have the biggest most expensive man made underground river in the world (what with the leaks and all):D :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

And then we'll have the biggest most expensive man made underground river in the world (what with the leaks and all):D :D:D

Imagine then they could delay the opening of the Eastern Bypass till the next election. I wouldnt be supprised if Bertie has heavys going into the tunnel unpurposely drilling holes just to delay the project that little bit longer!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

jkgvfg wrote:
    Their best hope would be to open it on July 1st next year when the summer traffic kicks in and have the election over with by September.
    Election has to be by June.
    Aidan1 wrote:
    Sorry, quick off topic question, what happened to the 500,000 cubic meters of material removed from the tunnel?
    The rock was used in the manufacture of concrete, not sure about the clay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

Originally Posted by Victor
    The rock was used in the manufacture of concrete, not sure about the clay.

...used it to mold pots!:D :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jkgvfg

Sorry, Victor, I usually accept your wisdom in other arguments but I'm never one to accept I'm wrong!

The dail has to be dissolved within 5 years of first assembly and then an election has to be called within 30 days.

So they could wait until the first week of July - the first assembly was 6th June 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sod off. :p:)

But its certainly not September as was suggested.

Advertisement