Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Free stuff. :D

Aye that was my first thought to:)
    Im still waiting on my second thought:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

kinkstr wrote:
    Aye that was my first thought to:)
    Im still waiting on my second thought:eek:

They dont take credit card orders from Ireland - they'll contact you with details for paying via Paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

There response time to emails was about 5 mins!
    They do take creditcards but said they prefer paypal.
    Nice guys to deal with.

kinkstr wrote:
    There response time to emails was about 5 mins!
    They do take creditcards but said they prefer paypal.
    Nice guys to deal with.

Oh, ok...they've changed their policy so. They didn't when I used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

bought from gunner.took 5 days to process and 7 to arrive in ireland.very cheap but wouldnt reccoment if ypo need something fast1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭cpb

Ordered this on Monday (Bank Hol in UK)http://www.strikalite.co.uk/prodcat_type/21/Charger/0/Airsoft_Gun_Packs.html and received it today shipping worked out at €12.50 very good turnaround I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

Got 2 molle vests from a shop on ebay which he got banned for rep ACU :/. Anyway was shipped on the 21st and got it today. Great Quality too ill have to find the link if its still up :/

EDIT: hes opened a website now :D
    heres the vest i got(its not as light as that, its the camera flash)
    http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?currency=EUR&cPath=27&products_id=161

all his items included shipping so the price you see is the price you pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Have to post as I was impressed-

Orderd about €150 worth of mag's and bits from UN Company and it was delivered 4 days later (yesterday) from Hong Kong. Very impressed.

Fire Support have been good the few times I have orderd from them, a little slow processing payments via pay pal tho.

Zero One - nightmare as you have to transfer funds via bank so took me nearly a month to get a new ICS motor. The phone desk were helpfull tho

my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

EyesOnly wrote:
    Got 2 molle vests from a shop on ebay which he got banned for rep ACU :/. Anyway was shipped on the 21st and got it today. Great Quality too ill have to find the link if its still up :/

EDIT: hes opened a website now :D
    heres the vest i got(its not as light as that, its the camera flash)
    http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?currency=EUR&cPath=27&products_id=161

all his items included shipping so the price you see is the price you pay

i used that guy before he was banned. he was selling neoprene full face and neck masks...would not recommend the neoprene ones...they are winter masks with fleece inner..so if you wanted to cook your brain while skirmishing...this is the face mask you need

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Does anyone know what the number for customs is? I had a missed call on me phone this morning from a waterford number (051), when I checked an post tracking it said the thompson I ordered from rsov arived in portlaoise then went to waterford then back to portlaoise on the same day. When I called the number back it said the number was not is use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Anyone know if these guys are reputable?

http://ebaybanned.com

Was thinking of buying this as a replacement for my current rifle bag that is failing apart.
    http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=115

Lots of space and comfortable straps which makes it ideal for use when driving a bike.

My Fal shipped from eHobby on Friday, and arrived this morning.

They're pretty impressive with the big stuff.

And the Fal ?

It's...ummm...not bad....not bad at all.......

I also snagged a TM Type 89 which should be here in a day or two....looking forward to that. I've wanted one for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Shiva wrote:
    I also snagged a TM Type 89 which should be here in a day or two....looking forward to that. I've wanted one for awhile.

How odd. I was either going to buy that or the FAL. The FAL won as it can take a large battery.

How much did the type 89 set you back?

o1s1n wrote:
    How odd. I was either going to buy that or the FAL. The FAL won as it can take a large battery.

How much did the type 89 set you back?

$300 plus $75 shipping.

In all honesty, its probably a bit more than I was happy paying, but I sniped it, and the auction was due to end at some ungodly hour so I put a high bid in case someone pre-empted me. Turns out someone else tried 300, but mine won because it was placed first. If he hadnt tried, I would have got it for the low 200's. The bastid.

Ahh well....I *did* want it, and the baby doesnt need to eat *every* day....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,461 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ah, yes, I know what you mean. The price I could have won some ebay auctions for if that one git didnt jump in at the end :mad:

I've yet to manhandle one, but from the pictures I've seen it looks beautiful.

Full Metal Tokyo Marui = a dream. Even the mags look great. And it has that 3 burst fire thing too.

Damn it Shiva, you have me wanting one again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

"Try Kilkenny"

Thats Brilliant, God bless An Post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I was surprised to see how much travel it did each day, it went from Portlaoise to waterford and back all in the one day. I could just imagine some poor postman bombing all over the countryside trying to figure out where it was going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ordered some Tracpac boots from www.icoa.ie 2 days ago and lo and behold they have dropped at my desk today. Good price, good communication and prompt delivery. A thumbs up from me. Now if they only stocked some BDU's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Probably been mentioned before, but ProTac in the Curragh Camp (just beside Centra) is quite a good little shop.

I was in this morning and got a few bits (flecktarn top and a combat vest) but will be returning for knee and elbow pads (nice Viper ones) for reasonable money - elbows E17 Knees E19.

Nice guy who owns the shop - he's into collecting military vehicles - he's even got a Chieftan tank! I'm sure some of you already know him.
    A.

Hmmm do ProTac do a good selection of camo and sizes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

gandalf wrote:
    Ordered some Tracpac boots from www.icoa.ie 2 days ago and lo and behold they have dropped at my desk today. Good price, good communication and prompt delivery. A thumbs up from me. Now if they only stocked some BDU's.

site seems decently priced, good delivery prices just orderd some boots can't wait now.

just a quick note as well was strollling around TK MAXX with the Mrs at the weekend, when waht did i see a pair magnum assulat boots, lite tan in color only €30.00 was so pi88ed off they where a size 13 then i found a 6.5, aghh!!!!!

Well the boots got their first run out at the weekend and they were great no blisters afterwards which is bloody good on the first wearing. At least the skin on my feet wasn't in bits like the rest of me yesterday LOL.

gandalf wrote:
    Hmmm do ProTac do a good selection of camo and sizes?

They seem to - but I'm no expert tbh. I was looking for flecktarn pants (used german gear) but he didnt have any in stock.:(
    He did have some jungle camo pants but he didnt recommend them.

He makes his own assault vests under the name of ProTac and apparently alot of his business is from soldiers going overseas and looking for better kit than the standard issue kit. About 5/6 soldiers came in in the half hour I was there looking for various bits.

He also seems to do repairs and mods and has a workshop there too.

I'd imagine he could get you anything you want - but thanks to www we can do it ourselves I suppose... but it is nice to see/feel and hold stuff before you part with hard earned cash - pictures online can look great:rolleyes:

He has nice gloves, cant remember the make - but they were in various camo's and felt fantastic - almost like golf gloves (bad comparison) but soldiers love em.

I'd have bought a set of Bolle ballistic goggles from him (cept I've already ordered goggles from eirsoft). I like to wear glasses under the goggles and they worked perfect under the Bolle's.

Overall he's not really geared to airsoft I guess - couldnt compete with Hong Kong but he does have some nice expensive "real world" bits and is worth a call-in.:)

Cheers man I'm down that end of the world fairly regularly at the weekends I might ferret this place out and check his stuff (if he is open!).

gandalf wrote:
    Cheers man I'm down that end of the world fairly regularly at the weekends I might ferret this place out and check his stuff (if he is open!).

I dont think he's open on Sundays but I'll find out. I have to see the guy again this week - I work for a paint company who supply DEF STAN and MOD paints and I'm getting him some bits for his tank n trucks...

He's easy to find - just drive into the Curragh camp (from Newbridge/racecourse exit on N7) pass the church and the left, continue down the hill about 200 mtrs and he's just beside the Centra on the left. Small place but worth a browse.
    A.

I dont think he's open on Sundays but I'll find out
    A.

Closed on Sundays.
    Open 10am - 6pm on Saturdays and the same during the week I assume.

Just got a delivery from Brigade Quartermasters of OD BDU's, Poncho and Cap shipped Tuesday from the US. Excellent service they didn't have the original shirt I ordered and I asked them to change it to a more expensive one, they did and gave it to me at the same cost. Adding these guys to my favoured list.

www.BrigadeQuartermasters.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Add another +1 to Fire-Support's reputation.

I placed an order for an Inokatsu M60A1 Minority with them, which also required downgrade work to the power output (which was done for free). All told, along with shipping, from start to finish was two weeks. It would have been shorter except for the hiccup with payment between Monday - Wednesday of the first week due to Paypal playing silly buggers.

The lads were up front in when they expected to post, and did say that they'd try get it out the first week but were incredibly busy with orders so it might be early the following week (which it was - Tuesday).

They also called me on the Monday to verify the downgrade limit.

Post was by 2-day courier service - picked up tuesday afternoon, delivered thursday early afternoon.

+1 for Flecktarns again, Desert Tigerstripe arrived today and mighty nice they are too. A big -1 for An Post who in reality should have had this package delivered on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Flecktarn very happy with their service +1 from me as well. First time I have used them and will probably do so again. Odered some gear late night on Monday and it was delivered today spot on. Looks like I'm sorted for HRTA at last.

FYI I purchased

Items Ordered (all prices in GB Pound Sterling):

1 New Flecktarn Import SAAV Price: £27.50 Total: £27.50
    1 New German Flecktarn Issue Field Shirt (44R) Price: £20.00 Total: £20.00
    1 New Bulle US Duty Belt (OD) Price: £15.00 Total: £15.00
    1 Used German Flecktarn Issue Field Parka XL (44R) Price: £15.00 Total: £15.00
    1 New Olive Fineweave Cotton Balaclava Price: £5.00 Total: £5.00
    1 New Flecktarn Import Boonie Hat (XL) Price: £6.50 Total: £6.50
    2 Used German Flecktarn Issue Field Trousers (39S) Price: £5.00 Total: £10.00

Total: £99.00 + Shipping.

The issue field trousers were great value at a fiver so I decided to get two :cool: plus I was able to get them in 39S to fit my challenging physique :o

Advertisement