Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

My propane adaptor arrived today from airsoft-innovations.com :D:D . Only took 6 days, and cost a measly EUR22 incl S&H. Brilliant turnaround (and cheap as chips). o1s1n - you've no mention of these guys on your manufacturer sticky - maybe worth putting them up there..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,483 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's not up there? Thanks for pointing that out, I'll add it now.

I didn't realize it was that cheap...? That's a great deal alright.

Master of the Universe

It's actually there already...under accessories :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ciarancummins

I also received my plastic orange propane adaptor from airsoft inovation in a couple of days, all I need now is a GBB pistol! Very quick turnaround and quite cheap.

Ciaran

Master of the Universe

Hang on a second.

Plastic and orange? It's brass isn't it? the one I saw was.

Ah it's the new version 5 design! I haven't been keeping up with their products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

o1s1n wrote:
    Hang on a second.

Plastic and orange? It's brass isn't it? the one I saw was.

Ah it's the new version 5 design! I haven't been keeping up with their products.

I ordered mine on the 22nd July and got it today 31st.
    Had no communication apart from my paypal reciept
    but it arrived safe and sound.

I had wanted it to be metal! but alas it was not.
    Yer man has now some injection mold I think and thing
    I read the plastic ones are more durable. But still!!
    I dont trust what looks like a plastic bottle top with a gas lighter
    refill tip on it.

Its pre assembled so dont think it comes apart.
    Dont have propane and dont have a GBB yet
    but soon hopefully.

~B
    Here is some pics:
    propane2.jpg
    propane1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Errrr..... Wouldnt trust them. Plastic+high pressure=!B
    ANG!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Yea i really couldn't get over the prices in their shop, i was telling o1s1n i got 4000 0.20g BBs for 4 Euro :eek:.

What shop was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

bullets wrote:

I had wanted it to be metal! but alas it was not.
    Yer man has now some injection mold I think and thing
    I read the plastic ones are more durable. But still!!
    I dont trust what looks like a plastic bottle top with a gas lighter
    refill tip on it.

Its pre assembled so dont think it comes apart.

Remember, ciggie lighters hold propane as a liquid and they're all plastic. TBH, the plastic is more likely to withstand duffs and dings - it wont get bent out of shape too easy. And, as it's a one piece construction now, there's no tiny bits to lose. Dont forget, if you lose it or break it, EUR22 will get you a new one in a week (maybe Shiva should order a heap??). I too was expecting the brass yoke, but the plastic adapter is damn solid and looks like it'll last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

bigred wrote:
    (maybe Shiva should order a heap??).

/whistles innocently.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Does that nonchalant tone imply you may be ordering them?

Ordered. Just waiting for him to come back with shipping costs.
    I have a source to get me propane too. 400 ml tanks at less than B&Q are charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

ambro25 wrote:
    Some of ye might remember me posting about eBay shop chinapetsupply for aimpoint red dots (and other similar items).

Weird thing is, it's no longer a registered eBay user, yet I never saw anything bad in their feedback, which was pretty decent and extensive enough.

Anyhow, as I've just contacted the manufacturer of the red dot (M3000) I bought from them to find out where/how to change the battery (CR2032), I must praise the manufacturer's customer service: 4 hour turn around to my initial query, with step-by-step photographs attached to their reply email, itself phrased in proper English.

So, if you ever wondered who are the chinese guys making all these super-quality replicas of aimpoints, eotechs etc. you see on airsoftnews.eu - Xinde optical factory is the name, visit them here. 3 thumbs up.

ambro, i think i know. a shedload of airsoft suppliers on ebay were shutdown. apparently if there is a whiff that the items can be used on a gun, the close the supplier down...i had 1 go wollop as well, even tho i got the item, and it was a redot as it happens..

Master of the Universe

Anyone know if UPS deliver on bank holiday Mondays? My package from UNcompany is in Germany after two days. Probably wishful thinking on my behalf but it honestly couldn't come any sooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Nope, they won't. Union rules.

o1s1n wrote:
    Anyone know if UPS deliver on bank holiday Mondays? My package from UNcompany is in Germany after two days. Probably wishful thinking on my behalf but it honestly couldn't come any sooner!

dont think so o1s1n, sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

edit..i see dex has the answer...

Master of the Universe

Bah! Lies!

o1s1n wrote:
    Bah! Lies!

well i hope it is cos i have a agm m14 en route...dont think its with the dreaded UPS tho..

Master of the Universe

I know. I always said I'd never go UPS again. Clicked 'Any worldwide courier mail' on UN. Didn't realize they used UPS as default!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

When you buy guns off RSOV, do they normally come with the orange top on the barrel? Its in a lot of the photos.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Mine didnt.

Usually sites only attach them when sending out to American addresses. You'll get the odd one that does though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Any chance that package is a FAL, O1s1n?

Master of the Universe

liamo333 wrote:
    Any chance that package is a FAL, O1s1n?

It is. And I'm going to tear it open with my teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Boston wrote:
    When you buy guns off RSOV, do they normally come with the orange top on the barrel? Its in a lot of the photos.

Mostly its a barrell cover not a red muzzle

o1s1n wrote:
    It is. And I'm going to tear it open with my teeth.

That'd be funny if it wasn't so true :)

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Boston wrote:

My MP5 from RSOV had it on it but it was only a protection cap. I nearly had a baby when I opened it first. If you are worried just make sure you tell Keith you dont want it. I have now bought 4 guns and have yet to have to specifiy that I did not want them with the orange tip. 3 from RSOV and one from EHobby.

MaxForce wrote:
    My MP5 from RSOV had it on it but it was only a protection cap. I nearly had a baby when I opened it first. If you are worried just make sure you tell Keith you dont want it. I have now bought 4 guns and have yet to have to specifiy that I did not want them with the orange tip. 3 from RSOV and one from EHobby.

well definitely warn ehobby...my m203 had an orange tip because i didnt specify.

hmm, fair enough, still wating on keith to get back to me though.

Master of the Universe

Boston wrote:
    hmm, fair enough, still wating on keith to get back to me though.

Keith seems to be extremely busy at the moment. I started emailing him over two weeks ago and he still hasn't got back.

In the end I just went with UNcompany instead.

• Advertisement

Uncompany's website just won't load for me, or more to the point soem pages wil land hte rest will lag. I'll give keith another week before i look elsewhere. Its a shame as its just a few simple yes no questions and then i'd order.

Advertisement