Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLS couriers

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

wow! seems like my unhappyness with GLS is not only me, I package all my handmade ornaments so carefully and they always get there no problems with an post, but I found out it was cheaper to ship overseas with GLS, tried them 3 times and every single time they arrived broken, I was a little paranoid that it was my packaging, but they are double boxed, bubble wrapped and packing peanuts are added. It has cost me hundreds in replacing and reposting, but looking at the t&C's after the 3rd time they don't accept responsibility for ornaments (mine are wedding cake toppers) so I have to just suck it up and replace...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GMZ

GLS Group: Facts & Figures
    Head Office GLS
    General Logistics Systems B.V.
    Breguetlaan 28-30
    1438 Oude Meer (near Amsterdam)
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Phone ++31 (0)20 658 7777
    Fax ++31 (0)20 658 7717
    Mail info@gls-holding.com
    Internet www.gls-group.eu
    Products & Services Parcel, Logistics & Express
    Founded 1999
    Management Board Rico Back, Chief Executive Officer
    James Rietkerk, Chief Financial Officer
    Klaus Conrad, Chief Operating Officer
    Revenue € 1.75 bn. (in FY 2010/11)
    Shipment volume 363 million parcels (in FY 2010/11)
    Hubs 38 central transhipment points
    Depots 642
    Staff 13,100
    Delivery vehicles 15,140
    Long-distance trucks 1,960

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mac.book

Hi,

I've ordered a new gaming computer from Poland and it was dispatched last Thursday with GLS, it got to Neuenstein,Germany on 13/07/2012 20:38 and it's latest status was an hour later - 13/07/2012 21:04 DE 001 Neuenstein, Germany Outbound from GLS location. So I doubt I'll get in the promised 4 days (i.e. Tomorrow) But my question is: Does anyone know how long does it take to get from Neuenstein to Dublin? And does it have to go through London as well :confused:

Thanks,
    Kamil

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

HAving an issue with these myself. Guy in the UK sent me a few car bits (interior trim pieces from a dicontiued model, so not just something I can go out and buy in a shop). He sent it on the Wednesday and I was to have it on Friday (6th) or Saturday. I heard nothing and on Tuesday I checked the tracking and the last activity was it arriving in the Dublin Depot on Friday. It was done through Parcels2go so I contacted them and they said it was delivered on Friday and signed for by a Ms C O'Flynn (name changed to protect the innocent :))

I live in a 100 yard long Cul De Sac and recognised the name so I went do the road and she said she hasnt recieved a package, this is Wednesday. . It took a couple of days of back and forth to get more info, so by this stage its Friday. It was only then I learned that GLS were the couriers involved so I contacted them just after 4 and the guy listened and put me on hold, then comes back and says "ah yeah, the driver know what house he left it in, he'll be around your area in half an hour so he'll go get it and drop it to you". .

Predicatbly, I heard no more, so I rang them today to be told the driver isnt in and they arent sure if he's off for the day or a few days :rolleyes: . I asked for a bit of info and for someone else to go get it for me and deliver it properly. So he comes back and starts waffling and moves away from the question of someone getting it. The driver reckons he left it with her son, not the person whos name he has as beign delivered to. The road has about 35 houses and ours is very visibly numbered. No one else has any issue delivering things and they had the right details because I checked with Parcels2go but the house it was left in happens to be the first house on the right as you turn on to the road. It looks like the guy just said "**** this" and dropped it at the first house he came too. Arsebags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Either that or he has sold it on and has just made up a load of excuses and bull to fob you off until you give up?

• Advertisement

HAving an issue with these myself. Guy in the UK sent me a few car bits (interior trim pieces from a dicontiued model, so not just something I can go out and buy in a shop). He sent it on the Wednesday and I was to have it on Friday (6th) or Saturday. I heard nothing and on Tuesday I checked the tracking and the last activity was it arriving in the Dublin Depot on Friday. It was done through Parcels2go so I contacted them and they said it was delivered on Friday and signed for by a Ms C O'Flynn (name changed to protect the innocent :))

I live in a 100 yard long Cul De Sac and recognised the name so I went do the road and she said she hasnt recieved a package, this is Wednesday. . It took a couple of days of back and forth to get more info, so by this stage its Friday. It was only then I learned that GLS were the couriers involved so I contacted them just after 4 and the guy listened and put me on hold, then comes back and says "ah yeah, the driver know what house he left it in, he'll be around your area in half an hour so he'll go get it and drop it to you". .

Predicatbly, I heard no more, so I rang them today to be told the driver isnt in and they arent sure if he's off for the day or a few days :rolleyes: . I asked for a bit of info and for someone else to go get it for me and deliver it properly. So he comes back and starts waffling and moves away from the question of someone getting it. The driver reckons he left it with her son, not the person whos name he has as beign delivered to. The road has about 35 houses and ours is very visibly numbered. No one else has any issue delivering things and they had the right details because I checked with Parcels2go but the house it was left in happens to be the first house on the right as you turn on to the road. It looks like the guy just said "**** this" and dropped it at the first house he came too. Arsebags.

I'm praying that I'll get it at least in one piece at all. I've saved and worked really hard to earn my money for the new computer in the past year and therefore if something goes wrong I'm not going to take their ****ty €350 insurance cover which they can stick where the sun no shine instead I'm going to literally to massacre their customer service until I get my PC in mint condition :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

mac.book wrote: »
    Hi,

I've ordered a new gaming computer from Poland and it was dispatched last Thursday with GLS, it got to Neuenstein,Germany on 13/07/2012 20:38 and it's latest status was an hour later - 13/07/2012 21:04 DE 001 Neuenstein, Germany Outbound from GLS location. So I doubt I'll get in the promised 4 days (i.e. Tomorrow) But my question is: Does anyone know how long does it take to get from Neuenstein to Dublin? And does it have to go through London as well :confused:

Thanks,
    Kamil
    Your contract is with the company you bought from and they have a contract with the couriers. if your laptop does not arrive contact the seller who should chase it up with the delivery company!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 trish53

And to that, I had an absolutely atrocious experience with UPS lately. Is there no reliable, decent courier company? It took UPS 10 days to get something to me that was 'guaranteed' in 2, and only after I rang them twice and gave them instructions to a massive government building in the center of Galway City they said they'd never heard of and couldn't find (the county Council).

Try ravenhill courier tullamore,very reliable and will collect and deliver nation wide.0579324722

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Your contract is with the company you bought from and they have a contract with the couriers. if your laptop does not arrive contact the seller who should chase it up with the delivery company!

Yeah I'll do that if the status wont change till Wednesday luckily the shop it's self has an outstanding customer service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Lo and behold, the package was sitting in the hall when I got in tonight at 9, having left at 7. My brother took it in and said it was dropped in by a guy in a van that he didnt recognise.

• Advertisement

Lo and behold, the package was sitting in the hall when I got in tonight at 9, having left at 7. My brother took it in and said it was dropped in by a guy in a van that he didnt recognise.

My one is finally : Out for delivery on GLS vechicle :)) I hope they'll find me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

Reading this thread has now made me even more concerned for my bass guitar and amp, which currently reside in a bloody warehouse in Cork because of an "incorrect address". And I didn't see the email in time, and their offices are closed. Will they attempt delivery tomorrow again?
    I sent them an email giving them specific directions to my house (which is actually on the side of a main road, and I gave them the number of the road & name of the house aswell).
    My parents are now gone mad because they think we'll be trying to source it all around Ireland for the next ten years.
    ALL I WANT IS MY GODDAMN BASS GUITAR, YOU COWBOYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

A couple of icidents with couriers over the last few weeks.

A customer dropped up a parcel that had been left outside her door, she thought that one of our postmen had dropped it off at the wrong house, it turns out that a courier had simple left it outside her door and left. worth over €100 and left outside the door of the wrong house !!

another courier in looking for directions, as i started to explain where to go he says aaahh feck it i couldnt be bothered and left.

chatting to another and asked are you finished for the day, he says well ive one left but its a 3hr round trip, ill just put it down as a no reply and head for home.

Makes you think !!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

Shelflife wrote: »
    A couple of icidents with couriers over the last few weeks.

A customer dropped up a parcel that had been left outside her door, she thought that one of our postmen had dropped it off at the wrong house, it turns out that a courier had simple left it outside her door and left. worth over €100 and left outside the door of the wrong house !!

another courier in looking for directions, as i started to explain where to go he says aaahh feck it i couldnt be bothered and left.

chatting to another and asked are you finished for the day, he says well ive one left but its a 3hr round trip, ill just put it down as a no reply and head for home.

Makes you think !!

well that makes me feel a whole lot better since it's lashing rain and my guitar and amp are out for delivery today :):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

My first time getting something delivered with GLS. Just checked the tracking number.

Not out for delivery due to wrong address
    Stored

The address wasn't wrong and never had a problem with DHL, UPS and all other couriers. To make it worse GLS cost 2x

Called them and they said to phone the depot its held at. Of course there was no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shane1044

Hi, GLS are no good. Paid 20 euro delivery from England for guaranteed xmas delivery but no they wont be able to get it to me for the next week because their lazy bastards and dont work on xmas eve opposed to fastway delivering today. Bunch of scumbags!!!
    Would not reccomend them to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Bring that issue with your seller and get money back for Christmas guaranteed delivery
    Or

you can collect the package from GLS depot, It all depends on your location.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

if i had to collect the package i would also want a refund.....
    they tried that collect from depot $hit with me numerous times - i live out in the country - i told them there was no way i would collect it - they are paid to deliver why the hell should anyone have to pick anything up?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭imogen

I will in future never use any UK supplier that has parcelforce because they contract to this utter shower GLS. Have to drive at peak time through the tunnel in Cork to try to retrieve my package tomorrow morning. Grrrrr!!!!! And I bet they've sent it back to the UK or lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement