Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Irish IQ

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭pipelaser

I think the average Irish IQ is 99.
    The average in the UK is 100:mad:
    Source: They had a guy from Mensa on the Ray Darcy show about 6 years ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

My IQ is is six figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

I read somewhere that on average in these [formerly known as British] islands, the Scots had a slightly higher IQ, with us Irish slightly lower, and the English in the middle.
    Perhaps rather than blaming colonialism, diet, or education we should be blaming religion?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

My QI is many. Derp.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

My IQ is is six figures.
    They don't give the score in binary. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

TomCo wrote: »
    julep wrote:
    i have no idea what my iq is

I know mine, its awesome.
    Its funny how everyone who knows their IQ seems to have a high IQ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

If you thought it might be low you would probably avoid IQ tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

So much for the knowledge economy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Others know but don't mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Just in case anyone missed it from the first page, the same (Northern Irish Loyalist) guy says
    In 1991 I extended my work on race differences in intelligence to other races. I concluded that the average IQ of blacks in sub-Saharan Africa is approximately 70. It has long been known that the average IQ of blacks in the United States is approximately 85. The explanation for the higher IQ of American blacks is that they have about 25 per cent of Caucasian genes and a better environment.

:pac:

Was he saying some mad crap about women being of lower intelligence too a while back? I seem to remember some laughable stuff coming out of Ulster University, the fountainhead of which is obviously this guy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Personally Doc I reckon the post of the thread is this for it's oh so delish irony...
    ^CwAzY^ wrote: »
    nevr heard dat b4, i did hear 1 bout d blacks in nigeria r sumthin havin bout 40 lower IQ avg dan mst of d rst of d world..

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Just in case anyone missed it from the first page, the same (Northern Irish Loyalist) guy says
    In 1991 I extended my work on race differences in intelligence to other races. I concluded that the average IQ of blacks in sub-Saharan Africa is approximately 70. It has long been known that the average IQ of blacks in the United States is approximately 85. The explanation for the higher IQ of American blacks is that they have about 25 per cent of Caucasian genes and a better environment.

:pac:

Was he saying some mad crap about women being of lower intelligence too a while back? I seem to remember some laughable stuff coming out of Ulster University, the fountainhead of which is obviously this guy.

Why are you assuming its mad crap? How do you know women are as intelligent as men on average, What evidence have you seen?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Wibbs wrote: »
    Personally Doc I reckon the post of the thread is this for it's oh so delish irony...

I originally thought it must be a joke, someone making fun of racist people

:(

Why are you assuming its mad crap? How do you know women are as intelligent as men on average, What evidence have you seen?
    because we're awesome

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The sub Saharan lower IQ stuff I've read about before. The original studies involved were pretty piss poor and what followed just repeated them. Plus intelligence is very much a culturally biased thing on more than a few levels. Does the culture favour a particular type of intelligence. If so testing for another type is on a hiding to nowhere. Then you have the tests themselves. If the cultural references are different to the local then you're introducing bias there too.

My dad lived in Africa way back in the day. The only other Irishman he knew was a missionary living with this bunch of tribal folks in the middle of nowhere. He used to visit them a fair bit. He was surprised at their raw intelligence. He reckoned they as a group were among the most intelligent people he'd met in his life. The missionary bloke had started to teach the kids to read and he said similar. They learned very fast and he had experience as a teacher in other countries. The older people couldn't read or write, but were like knowledge sponges too. As in the village mindset around the world they wanted to know everyone's business. :) So a couple of the older guys in their 50's were asking my dad what his job was. They didn't understand directly what an engineer was so this got them interested. He said just by using drawings and examples with sticks and the like they were picking this stuff up really quickly. After he showed them drawings of suspension bridges and dodgy translations of the basics behind them, the next time he was up they'd actually gone and bloody well built one. For the craic like. Apparently they were incredibly good at picking up languages too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't bump old threads, this was from 2006.
    If you must - a new thread can be started.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement