Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strat threads merged

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Ancient1 wrote:
    If you need any work done on your guitar, Jimmy in Sound Gear is your man. End of.

Mods, how about adding this guy to the Music Resourses stickie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

You can add to that stickie too. It's open for all to contribute to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Mods, how about adding this guy to the Music Resourses stickie?

Add me to the sticky? I'm honoured man. ;)

:p

Edit: added full contact details to the sticky.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

some nice guitars on christguitars,, but has anyone ordered and got their stuff from them

are they reputable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Package wrote:
    some nice guitars on christguitars,, but has anyone ordered and got their stuff from them

are they reputable

Package, no disrespect to you but I had to LOL at your post. If you do a search on "chrisguitars" on this forum you will see that his reputation here is somewhere between Jesus H. Christ and Buddha. ;)

The only problem with Chris is that he can be very slow to read email. His own suggestion on this issue is to resend the email every day until he replies. (Stupid idea IMHO). My suggestion is to email and then phone him .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

might be lookin to buy a fender strat! was thinkin of the lite ash(korean) or the highway(us) model! can anyone recomend a decent site where u can get em at a decent price? also opinions on the above models would help too!

There was a thread about this about a week ago. Go back a page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

i'm picking one of these up in a few weeks hopefully, its a japanese s.r.v. signature it'll cost ya bout 700e to get here which is less than half the price of the american signature model which has exactley the same hardware, anyhow thought might be interested in it....................:D :D:D

an extra option for ya

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ishibashi.co.jp%2Fwebshop%2Fguitar%2Findex.htm&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

Maybe one of you underemployed mods could merge this thread with this recent one?

Not just for the sake of efficiency, but because I need to keep up with all strat topics. :p

Hey! You had a good idea!!! :eek: ;)

• Advertisement

Cheers man.

Yeah I'm full of brilliant ideas. I almost bought a damn Floyd today, with no guitar to put it into. My finger was on the trigger and sense prevailed at the last second. Serves me right for hanging around with you lot. :p

Duff_man, if you look at the start of this thread, you'll realize that you should check out Chris' strat inventory before making any rash decisions.

Ancient1 wrote:
    I almost bought a damn Floyd today, with no guitar to put it into. My finger was on the trigger and sense prevailed at the last second.

Sometimes you are a real disappointment to the family here :p

:D

Family? You're all patients. :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Ancient1 wrote:

Family? You're all patients. :p

I'm not ****ing patient! Now hurry up and bring me a kebab!

im very interested in teh lite ash strat! its cheapish and the reviews are great on it! has anyone here got one?

Duff_Man wrote:
    has anyone here got one?

Read this thread.

Package wrote:
    yeah i was looking at something like this http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_fender_lite_ash_stratocaster_mn_nt_prodinfo.html

???? looks good to me,, is that price about normal???

my computer is running really slow so searching is a pain, can ya post a link to the forum your talking about,, thanks.

i just looked at that link and the gutiar is only 444 but when u select ireland its 469! any way you can order it form the uk one and get it shipped here?:P

if u buy one off thomman and the finish is badly done...and i mean really bad could u return it for another one?

has anyone got an opinion on what the highway 1 strats are like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I've heard that they're great. Apparently their finish gives them a great tone or something and they're very agreeably priced.

yeh 610 on thomann! not to shabby! what kinda finish is on em?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

The Highway One series have a thin, satin nitro finish, which Fender claim allows the wood to resonate better (than what I'm not sure). It's not for everyone and it wears easily. Some like it. Some don't. I'm not too keen on it myself.

ah i like the sound of that! would it belike the worn finishes on the gibson sg's? i mite invest in a highway in a while! they are a decent price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

I have a Highway1 strat and its great. I don't have much to compare it too(not played many strats) but it is really well made. The finish is very light and chips easily. It stays in tune well sounds great and I would recommend one. I got the maple board one which is a kinda matt finish. When I want to upgrade all I would do is buy better pickups(have to be Bare Knuckle). I believe the Thomann price is quite good. I got mine in the US but got stung at customs and double charged for trying to get away with it! :mad: B@stards!

Advertisement