Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Violent Dream Makes No Sense

Options
  • 01-08-2006 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Ok, very odd, very violent dream and it makes no sense to me.

People tell me that dreams are something you haven't stopped thinking about?!? This is weird then...

In my dream I was part of a crowd of asian people (I'm not asian) all standing by a lake with a wooden jetty at the edge. These four English girls where led out to the jetty and where put sitting at the edge. One of the girls was uncontrollable, crying and freaking out. I remember her tears made me feel very uncomfortable and I wanted to help.

Anyways, a noose came from above and they put her head through and pushed her off the jetty, she was obviously dying and her three friends started to cry and freak out at their friend dying. They where hung one by one and all died then I woke up.

This was the worst nightmare I have ever had to the point of waking up in tears due to what I had witnessed. It was so real and I can't stop thinking about it.

Can anyone give me some insight to this kind of dream?? As I said I can't stop thinking about it :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Its almost impossible to interpret dreams outside of the context of the person's life circumstances and anyone that tells you otherwise is misguided. The best you can do is try and guess stuff about the person.

So, my guesses are as follows: Someone innocent in your life has been bullied or sacrificed by others. Perhaps your sisters were left out of a will or family business, or a female friend was fired when her place of work changed hands, something like that.

But really, without knowing you there's little we can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Zillah wrote:
    Its almost impossible to interpret dreams outside of the context of the person's life circumstances and anyone that tells you otherwise is misguided. The best you can do is try and guess stuff about the person.

So, my guesses are as follows: Someone innocent in your life has been bullied or sacrificed by others. Perhaps your sisters were left out of a will or family business, or a female friend was fired when her place of work changed hands, something like that.

But really, without knowing you there's little we can do.

Hi Zillah, there has been nothing like that in my life. Thanks a million for trying though, I will have to do some research and think a bit deeper I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

I have to say this really sounds like a real scary dream. As it has been said It is very very difficult to determine what it could mean without knowing what is happening around you at the moment.

Dont know if this would help (as i am no expert) but try and write down what is happening in your life at the moment, stressfull and happy. Then write out the dream paying attention to the parts of the dream that seem more prone to you (like how you felt, what actions were more powerful in your mind, how you felt when you woke etc )and compare the two. I find sometimes you can find a connection with the dream and what is happening in your present life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I tend to have a vivid imagination. I could see what you saw from your description of it. Now I see it, too.:eek:

*Sounded like something Stephen King would write that might keep you from sleeping at night!

Ha ha though I am prone to a give Stephen King, I wasn't reading any this weekend.

Normally work has me stressed but I have been on holidays for the past week and I was in London when I had the dream (maybe that explains the English girls)

There is absolutely nothing bad going in my life stress wise at the moment which is odd which is making teh dream even weirder!!

Honestly I have never been so frightened in my life and I was in bits when I woke up!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

This dream seems to be upsetting you a lot. Maybe it would be best just to chalk it up to a nightmare hopfully never to be repeated and try to let it go.

kshiel wrote:
    This dream seems to be upsetting you a lot. Maybe it would be best just to chalk it up to a nightmare hopfully never to be repeated and try to let it go.

Not upsetting me at the moment was very upset when I woke up, I'd just seen four women hung!!! So bizarre and so real! Never experienced anything that real before :(

Advertisement