Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Rhodes D7 Restaurant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

ateam wrote:
    If the food was nicer and came in bigger portions, then the location wouldn't really matter. The poor location just adds to the overall impression of the restaurant.

Yeah I suppose so, if the food is as poor as has been said then I can appreciate the whole experience becomes negative, granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Eh, I can't say that the location bothered me at all. However I agree that the the noise carried making conversation difficult and it was also really hot. The food was nice but we only received beans when we asked for market vegetables as well. The lemon tart was to die for but I've been asked back there with friends and declined every time. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 madboggar

We arrived at Rhodes D7 for Sunday Lunch, when i contacted the Restaurant there was an attitude from the receptionist that the place was packed, but they could accomadate us at 2:00. When we arrived suprise suprise the place was empty.

When we where shown to are seats and given are menus we had a look at the main menu and made are choice, then to be told that we could only choose from the Sunday Lunch Menu. Which is shorter.

So we choose are meal, but not told the specials, which was lamb, only that we over heard the waiter telling another table.

The atmosphere i have to agree is a bit down.

Would never go back, 5/10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

My main gripe was a starter i ordered entitled "ham"..it was described as ham shank off the bone and served with spaghetti or something like that.What arrived was a bowl of maccaroni with three tiny cubes of processed ham,a complete rip-off for seven quid..i sent it back.The steaks were no big deal either.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chewie283

I tried to organise a team night out there (20 people). They were so rude and so difficult, I eventually cancelled. We had to choose our starters/main + desert from a very small and not very exciting set menu 2 - 3 weeks in advance. The guy on the phone was always giving out and if not all parties had arrived by the booking time (giving by them, we had no choice), the table would be cancelled.
    Would not recommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've eaten there twice before and couldn't complain about the food. But the staff and atmosphere need some work.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

fletch wrote:
    Well for starters, it's only a few doors up from Utopia (a sex/adult shop for those that don't know), not a great start. I also noticed a multitude of sleazy other lingerie stores seem to have opened close by. And Capel Street would hardly be classified as one of the more upmarket streets in Dublin and in that respect it does seem out of place.

I think the Council are slowly trying to bring the street back to 100 years ago when it was the grafton st of the time by putting in restaurants and trying to push out the sex shops and hardware stores that make the area less appealing. It has huge potential as an area but needs a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I have to say, I really like Capel Street. There's a nice atmosphere, it's very central, there are some cool bars on the street, and I can get all my hardware supplies there!

I always thought Rhodes looked nice from the outside, but I'm not liking the reviews so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

madboggar wrote:
    We arrived at Rhodes D7 for Sunday Lunch......we could only choose from the Sunday Lunch Menu.

:confused:

some people

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Had heard alot about this place and was expecting it to be really nice.
    Have to say, I was quite disappointed. The service was rubbish, and the food just wasn't up to scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

Another negative, I'm afraid.

I thought the staff were very good but, oh my lord, the food was not great at all, at all. Some of it was very poor. I would have complained about two of my courses expect somebody else was paying. Can't see them lasting unless they pull their socks up with the cooking.

Macaroni cheese with lobster. Puke. Whoever thought of that combination? It does NOT work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Personally I opted to give this one a miss.

I asked them for a menu one day on my break, not a great selection imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Was hoping to go to Rhodes7 at the weekend but someone said they thought it was closed. Any news anybody?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Spread wrote: »
    Was hoping to go to Rhodes7 at the weekend but someone said they thought it was closed. Any news anybody?:confused:

I think it's closed alright. Haven't noticed it open for the past few weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah it is. the windows are caked in dust and theres nothing left in the place. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Last I heard they closed to renovate it. Due to re-open in the summer I think.

Advertisement