Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your legend of radio

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

John Peel (RIP)
    Pete Tong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

OMG!!! Please tell me you are only messing??? Jeremy Dixon, his co-presenter on the show. He does the show if Adrian is away. And also is there at get if off your chest.

Hesu.... the only ones I know who tune into that stuff are taxi fellas and auld clapped out Dubbalin bints from the inner city who have nothing else to do when the pubs close.

please tell me you don't like that shooite????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I used to tune in regularly to "Moloney after Midnight" with Mike Moloney on 2FM, - oh, about 10 or 11 years ago now... Still remember the demented woman who used to start the show (can't remember her name... it'll wreck my head!... not "Monica Looly" but something similar...), screeching "Helll-ooooooh!"

These days, on radio, I tend to listen to our local station in Dundalk (just 'cos I'm on it myself, and I know the other presenters). I don't tend to listen to the national stations much but when I do, it's Derek Flood's "Planet Hits" on Today FM (- lives near me, met him a few times - top bloke!), Ray Foley's "Blast" (sometimes) or (occassionally) Rick O'Shea on 2FM. Looking forward to hearing his new show next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

donal dineen is amazing, That fúcking cúnt ray foley on before him is my idea of hell, I cant go to bed before 12 cus of him..........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Bard wrote:
    I used to tune in regularly to "Moloney after Midnight" with Mike Moloney on 2FM, - oh, about 10 or 11 years ago now... Still remember the demented woman who used to start the show (can't remember her name... it'll wreck my head!... not "Monica Looly" but something similar...), screeching "Helll-ooooooh!"

Amelia Golightly??
    Liiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeee, liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeee, life is like a <insert item to which she refers to> :D

Derek Flood, one of the launch DJ's on LMFM way back in 1999, I never knew why he left LMFM back in the day, he had a good thing going there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Hesu.... the only ones I know who tune into that stuff are taxi fellas and auld clapped out Dubbalin bints from the inner city who have nothing else to do when the pubs close.

please tell me you don't like that shooite????

Yes i do listen to the phoneshow. And btw you cannot class everyone in the same catagory because of the way some people behave.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

DMC wrote:
    Amelia Golightly??
    Liiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeee, liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeee, life is like a <insert item to which she refers to> :D

Ahhhh that's the one! I miss her ... :(
    Derek Flood, one of the launch DJ's on LMFM way back in 1999, I never knew why he left LMFM back in the day, he had a good thing going there.

Well Floody moved around a bit, working in radio in the north and in the UK before coming back to Ireland to take up residency in Today FM. I'm sure the wages are a tad better there than they were in LMFM! It's a definite step up in the world! Sure, you can't stay still in radio... (unless you're Larry Gogan or Gerry Ryan I suppose...)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Wow, that's a flashback!! I doubt very much there are any Amelia recordings still lying around RTE archives?
    DMC wrote:
    Amelia Golightly??
    Liiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeee, liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeee, life is like a <insert item to which she refers to>

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

Easy! John Peel of course!!

That Ray Foley bloke is a twat...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BWood

Chris Moyles on BBC Radio 1 in the UK and either Ray Foley or Rick O' Shea over here in Ireland...

• Advertisement

DMC wrote:
    one of the launch DJ's on LMFM way back in 1999

1989, ffs. /me smacks forehead. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Sean Moncrieff on 106 is always a good one to listen to.

Jim O Neill (solid Gold Sunday) 1-4pm every sunday on Today FM deserves listening to. btw, remember "thing" ?:D

gyppo wrote:
    Sean Moncrieff on 106 is always a good one to listen to.

I always find when I do get to listen to the show, that Moncrieff relies too much on the text messages. Like he would spend what seems like ages reading any old tripe of the monitor, and rush items like Henry's whats on guide. I don't think its good radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

But the best radio show of all time for me was 'On The Hour' which was on BBC Radio 4 back in the early 90's.
    Oh yes, the genius that is Chris Morris.

Irish radio is a big swinging plair of plaid pants at the moment.

Loose Ends on BBC R4 is required listening for me. I remember hearing Johny Vegus' first ever appearance on it at the Edinburgh Festival many years back when he used to do his act with a potter's wheel. I've never heard anything as funny before or since.

But for true radio legends? Mr. John Peel (nee Ravenscroft). R.I.P.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

gyppo wrote:

Jim O Neill (solid Gold Sunday) 1-4pm every sunday on Today FM deserves listening to.

Have to agree with that. Never miss it if I can help it.

Also loved Dad Rock on Today FM.

Shows my taste in music :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Bet yas didn't know this.. but Jim O'Neill is not even live on a Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 EmaSparrow

Ray Foley and JP are Legends!! I never miss the Blast! It's what I live for!!:D
    <content removed, read the charter>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Does anyone know what Simon Young is up to nowadays?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

EmaSparrow wrote:
    Ray Foley and JP are Legends!! I never miss the Blast! It's what I live for!!:D
    <content removed, read the charter>
    Emasparrow, please read the charter. If you "tell everyone" again, you will be banned from this forum.

Advertisement