Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Love 'em or hate 'em...is this the most beatiful car you have ever seen?

Options
  • 18-07-2006 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

8c1.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

No.
    That would be the Ferrari Dino. The dash on this car here is woedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

No.....Ferrari 360

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Badge says Alfa Romeo.

I very much like the new Brera.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Badge says Alfa Romeo.

I very much like the new Brera.

I meant the most beautiful car in the world is the Dino. I can see the Alfa badge!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

No...is that a pool of oil under it or is it just a shadow.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

No, it's not. It is a pretty sweet looking car though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

nice, but I really dont think it comes close to a murcielago lp640 for design, the back looks a bit crap

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Nice classic style to it. I have to say I like it but I'd rather a Ferrari - no harm in being fussy!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Slick de ville

Alfa sure make nice looking cars and that one is fantastic...I want one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

C'mon lads, if someone offered us one, would we refuse, not a chance. That's a beautiful car, though have to say the Brera is fantastic looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

junkyard wrote:
    No...is that a pool of oil under it or is it just a shadow.:D

Rofflecopter!

All in good fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

During lunchtime (TODAY) at a busy Naas Rd Service Station, a similar car pulled in for petrol. Blue body, eng reg. The guy tanks up, and whilst he's off paying, a group of admirers gathered round.

You couldn't write a better script: the guy returns to his car, all smiles, and then what happens: IT WOULDN'T START!!!! The bloody thing wouldn't start, unbelievable!!

What does he do, he goes around asking people to borrow a set of jump leads, but nobody had any. He wasn't in a pleasant mood and he certainly had a few FFFs to say about his car. Apparently this wasn't the first time it failed to start. Rotten luck, new car and all.

We did the right thing and a few of us gave him a push start, it was unbelievably easy and off it roars. We wiped our hands and returned to enjoying our lunchtime sanis and refreshments!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

No...looks like the sports version of a clown car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Ahem.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

overdriver wrote:
    No.
    That would be the Ferrari Dino. The dash on this car here is woedious.
    zuutroy wrote:
    No.....Ferrari 360
    no, no and no
    The Shelby Cobra (not that poxy new thing they designed)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That's nice looking, but the original 156 is a cleaner, more elegant and more beautiful car.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I likes. Don't think it rates near to the most beautiful but it's certainly got lovely lines...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

nialler wrote:
    C'mon lads, if someone offered us one, would we refuse, not a chance.
    Sure I'd take it, then I'd sell it and get a nicer car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

It's a nice looking thing. Whats the RRP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

nialler wrote:
    C'mon lads, if someone offered us one, would we refuse, not a chance. That's a beautiful car, though have to say the Brera is fantastic looking.

No, but it would be sold on immediately.
    I think it looks very like a hairdresser's car, very feminine imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

How about this?:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

During lunchtime (TODAY) at a busy Naas Rd Service Station, a similar car pulled in for petrol. Blue body, eng reg. The guy tanks up, and whilst he's off paying, a group of admirers gathered round.!!
    what is similar? It was a convertible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

looks great, fantastic presences as she sits in the car park....

just as well, because as an alfa... she wont be moving anywhere under her own steam. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

It's an Alfa, it's hideous and I love it! I think the French term 'jolie laid' describes it perfectly.

800px-Alfa_Romeo_SZ.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

prospect wrote:
    How about this?:
    Wouldn't know where to start with this one tbh. Sure it has some nice touches, but overall for me it's too busy design wise. The high mirrors are a no no. Take away from the roofline. The roofline and the glass is a bit fussy. Also from a practical point of view the expanse of roof glass would make the thing a mobile turkish bath in anything like good weather. Good design shouldn't mean lack of practicallity. In fact usually the best looking design is also practical. The back is better though. The headlight arrangement just show a lack of thought and looks mank IMHO. New tech lights could have been better served with a better design.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

el tel wrote:
    It's an Alfa, it's hideous and I love it! I think the French term 'jolie laid' describes it perfectly.

800px-Alfa_Romeo_SZ.jpg

Now that's one I always liked. I'd love one(though I'd put a Honda engine in it ;) )Very brave for the time and it holds it's looks well.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

prospect wrote:
    How about this?:
    When I seen that first, I thought some smart ass had put an Alfa badge on a Zonda. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Agreed re: mirrors and headlights.
    I love the nose and rear though.

Lex - Your mailbox is full.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ibanezjem

298025_7030.jpg
    prospect wrote:
    How about this?:

Very similar to the front end of this Enzo Ferrari. Except somone went on lunch and left an apprentice at it who cut the bonnet too short....mmm...Alfa's have a very slithery slop of depreciation and hard to shift. Ferrari's though....id have one anyday!

Advertisement