Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Medion Computer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Can you confirm where you saw it? Its not on their site. If price is confirmed then this is no longer a bargain alert, more like ripoff alert.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

...this is no longer a bargain alert, more like ripoff alert.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭shaneos

The price is up on the web site - €599 euro

http://www.aldi.ie/special_buys2/product_311.html

I got one of their other base stations a few years back and am very happy with it. I use it to watch TV on, and it came with a lot of good software too.

there is a forum devoted to Medion computers (the ones sold by Aldi) so you can check out the reviews of the other computers
    http://medion.adslweb.co.uk/

For the price it is pretty good spec. There might be some other computer stuff available on Aldi along with the base station (TFT monitor, scanner etc) as they usually stick all electronics gadgets up for sale on the same day

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

I know it's kinda premature maybe till someone actually buys one , but does anyone know what socket the processor is so that maybe in time you could upgrade to a conroe ?

Build your own machine if you plan on upgrading it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭saphire

Folks, would this pc meet my requirements as follows.
    I'm looking for a cheap pc that can be used primarily for a dial up internet connection along with some basic software
    such as word, excel etc. The only gaming requirements would be that it could run the Simms prorammes that my kids use.
    I spent approx 2000 euro 6 years on a pc which is now fit for the scrap heap but the monitor is still ok, and therefore don't really want to spend too much on a new pc.
    Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

it would do all that fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭JohnnySideburns

Just received below message from Aldi in relation to Medion computer. (Apologies if up already)

STOP PRESS: The MD8809 Multimedia PC Base Station was awarded four stars in issue 221 (3rd - 16th August 2006) of Computer Active magazine. This base station has a 200Gb hard disk drive and not a 50Gb hard disk drive as reported in Computer Active.

Computer Active magazine :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

Just noticed this thread....

i bought one of these from my local Aldi in dublin, primarily as a Home ENTERTAINMENT PC, ( i have 2 others,) for playing .H264/MKV HD files on my 40inch 1080 lcd.....via HDMI

This Pc plays these files as smooth as anything, no problem playing 1080p/720p h264 files with WMP11, Windows media Center is very nice also via Remote control , although iam experiencing some Jerkiness playback when i use Windows Media Center for playback of some MKV files , i have read that this could be a driver issue with teh Gforce card...

Anyway if there any left i would recommend these

cramp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

@cramp

Congratulations on digging up an old and completely useless thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

users who pointlessly dig up old threads should be banned

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

says the guys who READ "pointless and completely useless threads " doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

users who get smart and try to wind me up should be banned

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Please don't dig up ould thread..

.. locked!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement