Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pilates? Becoming an Instructor?

Options
  • 13-07-2006 6:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Been doing Pilates for over 6 months now. Cant believe how good it is and compliments other training I'm doing. Been thinking about trying to get some sort of instructors qualification to teach it? Does anyone know how I go about this? Not my info on net???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭poobum

best i can say is ask your instructor how she got qualified...i know a guy who is an instructor...iv done classes with him befor! but he got qualified in UK so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭martinl

Have a look at www.ntc.ie (National Training Centre in Dublin and other loactions in Ireland) - google Joyce Gavin (she give Pilates instructor courses, I think) - contact the Riverview gym (they ran some instrctor courses as well a while back) ......

You need to be a fitness instructor to do the National Training Centre courses, thats the one I did a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Bounce Fitness

I'm qualified through the NTC. I qualified as a Fitness Instructor & Personal Trainer first which meant I only had to do a shorter course to qualify in Pilates Mat work level 1. If you're not a qualified Fitness Instructor the Pilates course is a lot more intensive, as you'll need to learn the anatomy part of the syllabus beforehand. Anyone qualifying through the NTC gets a European Accredited Qualification which is recognised outside of Ireland also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 marley007

Hey I'm on a Pilates instructors course at the moment....absolutely brilliant! couldnt recommend them enough...bodyfirm pilates Dublin their online and on facebook, if your already a qualified instructor it is very fast only a few weekends but if not it takes 2 years part time. PM me if you want anymore details. This course is with Joyce she runs Bodyfirm. Best of luck.

Advertisement